Takeover or Handover of SikhSangat forum

Sewadar

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

We think that it is now the time where SikhSangat should be passed down to the young generation who are capable of running it well. We are in thinking stage of passing it down by next year. The founders (2 of us) are now in late 30's and are busy with jobs, family and other social work. We are not like of our old generation type folks who wants to keep control of things forever. We are also willing to handover it to the capable Organization. Of course there will be some conditions such; takeover person/org must have proven good panthic record and 100% partial (ex. not exclusively belonging to one jathabandi etc..), not a missionary of course. 

Just an idea...

What are the views of forum members? No step to be taken without sangat's opinion.

Stay in Chardikala
S1ngh

4 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

We think that it is now the time where SikhSangat should be passed down to the young generation who are capable of running it well. We are in thinking stage of passing it down by next year. The founders (2 of us) are now in late 30's and are busy with jobs, family and other social work. We are not like of our old generation type folks who wants to keep control of things forever. We are also willing to handover it to the capable Organization. Of course there will be some conditions such; takeover person/org must have proven good panthic record and 100% partial (ex. not exclusively belonging to one jathabandi etc..), not a missionary of course. 

Just an idea...

What are the views of forum members? No step to be taken without sangat's opinion.

Stay in Chardikala
S1ngh

Welcome back. Pls, before you hand it over to someone else, can you remove me from the restriction you’ve imposed upon me? It would be nice to be free of it. I know I am not a regulator poster here but it would be good to be free, especially now that I am stranded here due to COVID travel restrictions and have no Sikh brothers or sisters to talk to. My hormones were playing up and causing a lot of aggressive behaviour in the past but now they have settled and I have grown up since then. Thank you.

20 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Seriously why do people follow "jathas"?

I won't derail the topic, but to answer the question, it's a human to desire to belong to something exclusive. Long-term, from a Sikh perspective, it weakens the overarching super-structure instead of strengthening it. How? Because it allows other non-benevolent factions to emerge (either organically through well-meaning albeit misguided personalities OR entities and groups with an insidious agenda designed to disrupt and fracture) who argue their legitimacy; that they are as justifiable in their existence as the earlier groups. With factions comes conflict. Job done.

Glad to see members response. We can go with the route of us maintaining the forum in technicality and financially and having the younger generation to run it. But how do we find such youth member(s) who can run the forum and keep it aligned with panthic standpoint? Any suggestions