Takeover or Handover of SikhSangat forum

Sewadar

On 9/21/2020 at 4:10 AM, muscleman said:

Welcome back. Pls, before you hand it over to someone else, can you remove me from the restriction you’ve imposed upon me? It would be nice to be free of it. I know I am not a regulator poster here but it would be good to be free, especially now that I am stranded here due to COVID travel restrictions and have no Sikh brothers or sisters to talk to. My hormones were playing up and causing a lot of aggressive behaviour in the past but now they have settled and I have grown up since then. Thank you.

Sure brother. You are off moderation.

10 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Glad to see members response. We can go with the route of us maintaining the forum in technicality and financially and having the younger generation to run it. But how do we find such youth member(s) who can run the forum and keep it aligned with panthic standpoint? Any suggestions

You can open a new thread, and advertise the opportunity, or actually post on job boards,  strictly saying this is a non paid job, I'm assuming 

19 hours ago, ADMIN said:

Glad to see members response. We can go with the route of us maintaining the forum in technicality and financially and having the younger generation to run it. But how do we find such youth member(s) who can run the forum and keep it aligned with panthic standpoint? Any suggestions

Brother Admin Jee,

Just my 2 cents. If you really want to have someone  running this forum, it would just be normal to ask if anyone is willing to do this sewa and to come forward.

Secondly if not, then the very sangat can suggest some names from the very sangat here for that purpose.

And thirdly, you can define the lines which are required to carry on this particular post, so that anybody can think for himself/herself if he or she is suitable or not, otherwise I think it could be messy and difficult.

Many may think this as an opportunity to exercise power, to gain name and fame, when the fact is one here has to be very dedicated, just and fair as main attributes.

Bhul chuk maaf.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, ADMIN said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

We think that it is now the time where SikhSangat should be passed down to the young generation who are capable of running it well. We are in thinking stage of passing it down by next year. The founders (2 of us) are now in late 30's and are busy with jobs, family and other social work. We are not like of our old generation type folks who wants to keep control of things forever. We are also willing to handover it to the capable Organization. Of course there will be some conditions such; takeover person/org must have proven good panthic record and 100% partial (ex. not exclusively belonging to one jathabandi etc..), not a missionary of course. 

Just an idea...

What are the views of forum members? No step to be taken without sangat's opinion.

Stay in Chardikala
S1ngh

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Veerji maybe you could chose some people and then create a poll ,that ends on 31 dec 2020 for example, so that the sangat can vote and decide who they feel is worthy of the position.

Bhul Chuk Maf ??

wjkk wjkf sangat ji

There are many active members of this forum. one of us should come forward to do this sewa. instead of getting someone from outside. Admin and few long term members can decide this wisely. 

note:- I am not very good at computer or internet and stuff, otherwise I would have raise my hand for this Sewa.

I am thankful to the current Admin for doing this Sewa.