Takeover or Handover of SikhSangat forum

Sewadar

On 9/22/2020 at 6:02 PM, MisterrSingh said:

I won't derail the topic, but to answer the question, it's a human to desire to belong to something exclusive. Long-term, from a Sikh perspective, it weakens the overarching super-structure instead of strengthening it. How? Because it allows other non-benevolent factions to emerge (either organically through well-meaning albeit misguided personalities OR entities and groups with an insidious agenda designed to disrupt and fracture) who argue their legitimacy; that they are as justifiable in their existence as the earlier groups. With factions comes conflict. Job done.

I would be opening a can of worms here but then again isn't it the way of nature to create divergences and "forking" . Forking is a term I use from software development lol wherein one source code base is taken up by two different teams working on it parallely and after s time we end up with two different products , sometimes with different features added. This is again an extension of real life natural analogy in which members of  one species separated by some barrier, say a mountain ridge will end up evolving into 2 different species given enough time to pass. 

It's interesting to note the effects of same principle on religious communities. The one I feel resonates closest with Sikhs are the Jews (let's ignore usury for a moment lol) but jews are akin to Sikhs in the sense of chronic historical persecution, exodus and spread of their diaspora around the globe. It exile of Jews lasted for 2 thousand years and we see there are various sects : hasidic, Ashkenazi , haredi etc etc . 

Sikhs have only been migrating since atmost 100 yrs. I wonder how will it be with us in long term though I pray it isn't such a long exile for Sikhs. 

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

I would be opening a can of worms here but then again isn't it the way of nature to create divergences and "forking" . Forking is a term I use from software development lol wherein one source code base is taken up by two different teams working on it parallely and after s time we end up with two different products , sometimes with different features added. This is again an extension of real life natural analogy in which members of  one species separated by some barrier, say a mountain ridge will end up evolving into 2 different species given enough time to pass. 

It's interesting to note the effects of same principle on religious communities. The one I feel resonates closest with Sikhs are the Jews (let's ignore usury for a moment lol) but jews are akin to Sikhs in the sense of chronic historical persecution, exodus and spread of their diaspora around the globe. It exile of Jews lasted for 2 thousand years and we see there are various sects : hasidic, Ashkenazi , haredi etc etc . 

Sikhs have only been migrating since atmost 100 yrs. I wonder how will it be with us in long term though I pray it isn't such a long exile for Sikhs. 

We're nothing like them, bro. To compare us to them is an insult to us. Our religion's dharmic roots are unquestionably sublime. They, as many are coming to suspect, are silent worshippers of Lucifer (the fallen angel), and not the "God" humanity assumes is the Oneness that created everything. But I'm not going into that here.

3 hours ago, AjeetSingh2019 said:

Jews are not the same as Sikhs. 

The dynamics are different.