UK Sikhs giving their children western names

ChardikalaUK

8 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Well you know maybe the parents of these children had a hard time at school and want to spare their children from that.

I went to a church of England High school there was like three Asians per year thats it  you know how much crap I had to take. I'm not condoning having English names  but I can understand why.

So why are parents in Southall and Slough (my hometown) doing such things. In those towns it's more like 'spot the white person'.

As for names like Sukhdeep, the Sikhs born here would know the innuendo associated with that name and avoid it. They can go for a simple easy to pronounce name like Preeti. No need for 'Jessica'.

But some people are hell bent on giving their kids a western name and will look for any excuse to so.

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

So why are parents in Southall and Slough (my hometown) doing such things. In those towns it's more like 'spot the white person'.

As for names like Sukhdeep, the Sikhs born here would know the innuendo associated with that name and avoid it. They can go for a simple easy to pronounce name like Preeti. No need for 'Jessica'.

But some people are hell bent on giving their kids a western name and will look for any excuse to so.

Well in from North , what usually happens here even the new generation,  majority have proper Sikh names, however their nicknames would be more English orientated,  such as Harvinder becomes Harvey etc. Anyway I said names don't bother me lol 

1 hour ago, ChardikalaUK said:

In those towns, it is seen as 'aspirational' and 'progressive'  to give your kids western names because they think it gives them a head start in life.

This is mostly done by the brown/blond and blue contact lens brigade, they have given themselves 'western names' in their workplaces.

The complete irony of course is that these areas like Southall/Hounslow/Slough is that the parents don't even send their kids in their local areas (unless it is a Grammar School or Sikh school). That is because the demographics have changed so much in those areas that people want to send their kids to whiter schools and then they swarm these areas and in turn it into brown schools and they are back to square again.

50 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

In those towns, it is seen as 'aspirational' and 'progressive'  to give your kids western names because they think it gives them a head start in life.

This is mostly done by the brown/blond and blue contact lens brigade, they have given themselves 'western names' in their workplaces.

The complete irony of course is that these areas like Southall/Hounslow/Slough is that the parents don't even send their kids in their local areas (unless it is a Grammar School or Sikh school). That is because the demographics have changed so much in those areas that people want to send their kids to whiter schools and then they swarm these areas and in turn it into brown schools and they are back to square again.

You've hit the nail on the head yet again. Apne move to whiter areas but the more that move the quicker white flight becomes.

Nice areas around Slough such as Langley, Richings Park, Iver, Datchet, Burnham, Taplow are becoming more and more Indian. The whites are moving out fast from these places. Goreh really do not like living amongst Indians.

All of the best schools in Slough are full of Indians and these rank as some of the best in the country. There is no need to follow goreh all of the time.

8 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

You've hit the nail on the head yet again. Apne move to whiter areas but the more that move the quicker white flight becomes.

Nice areas around Slough such as Langley, Richings Park, Iver, Datchet, Burnham, Taplow are becoming more and more Indian. The whites are moving out fast from these places. Goreh really do not like living amongst Indians.

All of the best schools in Slough are full of Indians and these rank as some of the best in the country. There is no need to follow goreh all of the time.

The best schools in Slough are full of Indians from other boroughs in London like Harrow, Hounslow, Hayes etc and even further afield which results in more competition for places. 

This means that the local Indians in Slough are pushed out of their own local schools. 

What this has meant is that these Slough kids who would have got into grammar schools twenty years ago are now going into secondary schools and are inadvertently raising the schools standards. 

There are secondary schools in Slough (second tier ) are fast improving their GCSE results and now have sixth form attached to them and have become over-subscribed.

The peripheral areas of Slough is now filling up with Indians but I there is a cycle. Pakis move into the area which pushes the Indians out who move into whiter areas, and the goreh move out, the area becomes Indian and the Pakis follow the Indians and so on and so forth.

35 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The peripheral areas of Slough is now filling up with Indians but I there is a cycle. Pakis move into the area which pushes the Indians out who move into whiter areas, and the goreh move out, the area becomes Indian and the Pakis follow the Indians and so on and so forth.

Yep that's definitely the case and has happened in Langley where I live. I see quite a few people walking around in Kurta Pyjamas and Man skirts, something which you never saw 10 years ago.