SENIORS' MARRAIGE

Guest Waheguru's Child

Guest Waheguru's Child

Hello,

I am writing regarding Seniors Sikhs who are getting married at the age of 60+.It is about my father who is talking with someone from a long time.MY mother passed away few years back and my father started talking to some lady within few weeks after my mom's death.I was so close to my mom so it was a big challenge for me to accept him talking and dating someone at this age.He is 60+ and is seeing this person from last few years and I was just hoping he will stop this all. Some of our relatives know this lady and they didn't have very good reviews about her.

I mean I understand that my father feels lonely and needs some companionship but he doesn't need to marry someone. I explained him all this and he told me that the lady is asking him to marry her or just end this relation now. She is kind of into fame and show off and my father is not that smart to see it. That woman was sending pics to my dad and calling every day and that time her husband was alive. Unfortunately her husband passed away after a year or something. Her children know about her relation and they are okay with it. My father is not seeing the reality. I don't live with my father and do not really expect anything from him like financial support or his money but I am just worried that he might end up with nothing.

I asked him nicely that maybe we can find someone he can talk to as a friend but he was so mad and did some emotional drama that he is sad and I don't care about his happiness.He wants her and that is it. I felt like I was dealing with some teenager not a senior. I am not that narrow minded person but it is still so hard  to accept this all. I have tried my best to show him the right version of life but he sees nothing other than her life with that new partner. 

I am exhausted now. Sometimes I tell myself to let it be but then again many things start bothering me. My father was not that polite with my mother and she had hard time. She requested him many times to have a better lifestyle , quit alcohol, spend time with us but he was never interested. Now I really feel he never respected her before and even after her death. I know I am so attached to this life and relations... It is all Maya..

Sangat ji I need your feedback on this. Please let me know what Should I do in this case. Please let me know if I should fight further with this or surrender to Waheguru's will. Is this really Waheguru's Hukam? It will be hard for me to talk to him if he goes ahead and marry her. How should I react to this entire scenario?

5 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Maybe you should have him live with you. Problem solved, if there is actually any real one. Seems to be another fictional post. Sorry but you should consider writing stories for short soap operas ??

It seems fake lol   but tbh things like that do happen. Older men do marry again once their wife passes away.

I don't think theres anything wrong with that tbh ... 

What's wrong is when they go back home and marry someone 30 years younger than them! 

These days kids just dump their parents, and when the wife or husband dies, what is the other one supposed to do? 

Guest Waheguru's kid
12 hours ago, S1ngh said:

Maybe you should have him live with you. Problem solved, if there is actually any real one. Seems to be another fictional post. Sorry but you should consider writing stories for short soap operas ??

Thanks a lor for your feedback.  I appreciate your precious time.

Guest Waheguru's kid
7 hours ago, puzzled said:

It seems fake lol   but tbh things like that do happen. Older men do marry again once their wife passes away.

I don't think theres anything wrong with that tbh ... 

What's wrong is when they go back home and marry someone 30 years younger than them! 

These days kids just dump their parents, and when the wife or husband dies, what is the other one supposed to do? 

I appreciate your thoughts but it is not a fake story.

Thanks anyway. 

Guest Waheguru's kid

I just wanted to hear something helpful but forgot completely that Humans can be nice and real but they can criticize your situation as well.

Still I appreciate all the replies. May Wahgeuru give me enough strength to accept everyone's perspective ?