The British and the Sikhs

Dsinghd

5 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Look, it's not about being a victim, it's the opposite, and I'm going to use straight forward 'street' language here to best make my point. To even attempt the above, you have to have the balls to "Call a c**t, a c**t." Especially in your own head and then when the time is right, openly.  

Recognise clear enemies. We haven't even got that far. And when do you think it's a good idea to confront the negative legacy of being colonised upon us? Now is the time (not later), when many other people are also doing similar.    And it's not even like it's history is it! Even in recent times they turne dtheir backs on us at partition leading to mass murder and rape, helped Indira plan the attack on Sant ji and the Akal Takhat and lied to us all about this. They covered up grooming of vulnerable Sikh females. They set up Jaggi Johal, and Waheguru knows what else these daints are doing behind the scenes now.   

And you still don't acknowledge that your own particular tribe/caste/jaat (whatever your calling it these days) were at the very epicentre of colonialist manipulation with deeply lasting impacts on their identity and self-perception.  

Knowing and responding to this isn't being a 'victim' it's confronting an oppressive, devious, manipulative insidious adversary, which is empowering and brave. And frankly I think you're the scared type and this dictates your behaviour. No one is asking you to do anything physical, but at least call a spade a spade.     

You are too rigid in your thinking. 

However, put your money where your mouth is.

Go out there and lead to show how it is done. Show that you have skin in the game.

We will see how brave you really are.

My tribe is the dominant tribe. No matter the name calling it is highly likely that it is my tribe is the one that will take out of the doll drums. 

Action counts not your mouth.

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You are too rigid in your thinking. 

However, put your money where your mouth is.

Go out there and lead to show how it is done. Show that you have skin in the game.

We will see how brave you really are.

My tribe is the dominant tribe. No matter the name calling it is highly likely that it is my tribe is the one that will take out of the doll drums. 

Action counts not your mouth.

The first wave has already happened. 

Now is the time to inform and get the next generation ready. There's been an excess amount of violence and prison time by guys on my end. Anyone with a brain doesn't want to be self-incriminating. 

My moneys been where my mouth is for a long time, despite all the grief I got for it. Unlike people like yourself, some of us struggle to stay out of trouble, and I'm not sayingthat is a good thing, but it is what it is. 

Besides, all I'm saying for people like yourself is to shake of the subordinate psychology. I wouldn't be comfortable in a tight situation with someone like yourself beside me. I'm not advising anyone to do anything 'bait'. The people who have those characteristics innately will probably end up doing that stuff. Most likely we will be forced into it. 

Your tribe looks like it is running around like a decapitated chicken right now.   

9 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

The first wave has already happened. 

Now is the time to inform and get the next generation ready. There's been an excess amount of violence and prison time by guys on my end. Anyone with a brain doesn't want to be self-incriminating. 

My moneys been where my mouth is for a long time, despite all the grief I got for it. Unlike people like yourself, some of us struggle to stay out of trouble, and I'm not sayingthat is a good thing, but it is what it is. 

Besides, all I'm saying for people like yourself is to shake of the subordinate psychology. I wouldn't be comfortable in a tight situation with someone like yourself beside me. I'm not advising anyone to do anything 'bait'. The people who have those characteristics innately will probably end up doing that stuff. Most likely we will be forced into it. 

Your tribe looks like it is running around like a decapitated chicken right now.   

If you say so..

Keep writing paragraphs to convince yourself. 

No one believes you.

24 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I do. You need help to get over deep brainwashing that's taken place in your family. Your grand dad who threw his medals in the river finally got it. You need to as well.  

Guru ji da kirpaa you will. 

You don't.

Great grandfather actually. 

You still have not understood what I  said.

But as per usual, your ego gets the better of you.

6 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

You don't.

Great grandfather actually. 

You still have not understood what I  said.

But as per usual, your ego gets the better of you.

Nothing to do with ego (not saying I don't have one, but this matter here is way bigger than that!) I don't take subordination lightly. Especially the psychological type. It's a type of slavery and manipulation. If our ithihaas has taught us anything, it's to be wary of this very thing, and avoid it at all costs. It never ends well. 

And I know, deep inside you Singh, there is a part of you that grasps what I'm saying. 

2 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Nothing to do with ego (not saying I don't have one, but this matter here is way bigger than that!) I don't take subordination lightly. Especially the psychological type. It's a type of slavery and manipulation. If our ithihaas has taught us anything, it's to be wary of this very thing, and avoid it at all costs. It never ends well. 

And I know, deep inside you Singh, there is a part of you that grasps what I'm saying. 

How do I explain this to in a language you understand.

If someone does you wrong and you are traumatised, you recognise what has been done to you, good. That is the first step.

However, you keep going on and on about what has happened to you, you will never get out of step 1 and move to step 2.

If the quam is ever going to recover, it needs to get to step 2. But you have to get out of step 1.

Going to step 2 does not mean that you are ignoring what is happening in step 1, you are still acknowledge what has happened in step 1. Going to step 2 does not mean that subordinating yourself to your abuser.

But we need to get out of step 1 and move forward.