Baba Lakh Data Peer and Dargahs

Guest learner sikh

Guest learner sikh

Sangat jee, on my last visit to Punjab, I noticed so many dargahs and tiny shrines dedicated to different muslim peers, most popularly Baba Lakh Data.  I also noticed and heard that in most pinds they have at least one dargah dedicated to a peer.  How come there is so much sufi influence in Punjab?  Did anyone else notice this?  

I believe this is Shia sufism stuff creeping out in punjab in very high number. Our folks does not trust our guru sahib SGGS Jee and prefer to worship the kabar; which our gurus were totally against. 

Correct me if i am wrong; one sect of islam does not believe in this and they raze down such places quickly. 

• 3 years later...

Respect all, don’t judge, spread peace. 
Being Sikh is about seeking your own truth, finding your own path. 
These are also spiritual places, isn’t it wonderful they welcome all. They are showing unity. I remember days when you can go to church with a friend, a friend can take you to a mandir and when a Muslim friend came to the gurdwara with me. It’s fine spread peace and love.🙏 these are spiritual places I’ve been and they help so many in need! People can decide where they want to go no? 
I am Sikh but I believe that our Gurus would be happy and content to see peace! Not judging each other especially when we don’t have knowledge or understanding of what it is on a deeper level. Only when you experience the power of a peer you know… hope Punjab keeps their peace. In a personal problem of mine all religions were praying for me and I have been open to listen to all prayers … I am Sikh. Isn’t that ok? Yes it is because the one God has sent those people to me. The one God does everything without God nothing happens all this is Gods  doing… without him a leaf doesn’t move. 
Thank you for sharing the videos. 
by the way if you put this up to show Sikhs in a peer baba worship place. In Pakistan Muslims also pray in gurdwaras. So let’s spread peace. My comment may not be added. 
take care. Sending you love and joy. God bless.