Obtaining grist jeevan

Guest Sumbuddy

Guest Sumbuddy

Wjkk wjkf 

Need some advice, I am NRI female in my 30s. After years  of looking for Gursikh matches without success, my family and  I decided to get ardaas done with keshdari Sikh. I didn’t know much bout him but figured him keeping his Kesh in Mona household reflected some level of respect and courage of sikhi. Planning our marriage, I have come to know more about him and how different our Sikh values really are (including knowing  the fundamentals of basic Gurmukhi and gurbani).
Question is how can couples grow together if they have differences in appetite to attain Gursikh jeevan? Is there a way to create a respectful harmony or am I dreaming? This is not a new issue I know,  but would appreciate tips and learning  from the couples on how they can bridge the gap to build a healthy relationship and hopefully align and merge on a Gursikh path? 

wjkk wjkf

Guest Sumbuddy

Wjkk wjkf 

He is not able to read Gurmukhi or doesn’t know of any bani (even in English transliteration) as he  was not taught in his upbringing and also has problem sitting in sangat. 

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

wjkk wjkf

can you please mention any differences in gurbani and gurmukhi so we can help more?

Also you didn't mention if you have taken Pahul? And what is your definition of gursikh, even someone who has taken khanday dee pahul is not automatically gursikh...!

On 10/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, Guest Sumbuddy said:

Wjkk wjkf 

He is not able to read Gurmukhi or doesn’t know of any bani (even in English transliteration) as he  was not taught in his upbringing and also has problem sitting in sangat. 

wjkk wj ki Fateh

oh no...

Would he be willing to learn gurmukhi?

Also what is the reason for not sitting in sangat?

Also find out more why he is keeping kesh, he still seems respectful towards sikhi ?! You need to find out if he kept kesh with his own decision, or maybe he has one of those fathers who want their children to keep kesh???!!!

What is alarming he doesn't know any bani. Find out if he knows mool Mantar, also I think it is important to know Japji Sahib at least.

IS he open to listening to gurbani? Is he into learning about sikh history? PAss him Basics of Sikhi YouTube channel and he must attend WhyGuru course on that channel! 

In many NRI families, even where children keep kesh, gurmukhi was not always passed down as parents were too busy working and making money! I have seen some Kenya sikh families in the UK where the children were given Khanday dee Pahul at 6 years age, and then even at university they cannot read gurmukhi although they do know some bani, emphasis on only some bani!

Please be careful!