URGENT: burials on proposed gurdwara Sahib property

21 hours ago, Balait_da_Sher said:

What is sangats opinion on graves (no headstones) on the gurdwara premises.  Committee is considering buying a church and it has some burials.

I personally don't think it is a big deal as long as we are respectful. The burials are out of the way and could be turned into flowerbeds etc with a hedge/fence around them.

The car park of Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Newcastle was built on a graveyard, it belonged to an old Congregational Church that had been demolished in the 1960's i think but the graveyard hadn't been used for nearly 150 years, the remaining headstones were moved to a different site.

If it's an issue they could apply to have the graves exhumed and moved to a different site, i like the idea of using old churches from a historical and architectural point of view but we have way too many buildings and not enough sangat, we have a new one/replacement being built where i live, it been delayed continuously because they keep on running out of money, they've secured funding now but the whole thing's delayed because of the pandemic, the only sangat at the current Gurdwara are on a Sunday and even that's minimal, god knows what they're going to do with a building that big.