Black History Month UK

ChardikalaUK

It's been all over the TV and news this month.

South Asians are the biggest minority group in the UK but we get no such month. We generally just keep our heads down and get on with things. 

Look at the contributions we make to this country, especially Sikhs and Hindus. We are disproportionately represented in Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, IT, corner shops. Professions that actually benefit society on a day to day basis, not just music and sports. 

Why do they always go on about having a black James Bond? Why never an Indian one?

We never go begging for quotas or complain that we are under represented in certain fields. Look at Lewis Hamilton complaining about the lack of black people involved in the Engineering aspect of Formula 1. What he fails to realise is that not many black people are interested in such a field to begin with, he just feels entitled that there should be black engineers in Formula One for some reason.

I wonder what goreh really think about things like this in the UK? Do black people help their cause by creating protests and riots or do people think twice about hiring them because they are prone to playing the race card?

Does playing the race card help? Should we be doing such things? I think we get just as much racism as black people if not more.

3 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's a dog eat dog world out there. If other groups are doing it we should at least consider it.

Look at the Jews, they still go on about the holocaust 80 years later. 

If this forum reflects wider Sikh society, we have a fundamental and fatal misunderstanding of why the Jews are where they are.

Aside from that, if you surround yourself and interact with weak individuals and people clamouring to claim victimhood at every opportunity, you may get thrown some gibs and freebies along the way, but it will be at the expense of your self-respect and the admiration and respect of the silent majority who understand the reality of the world we occupy. 

Playing the game and making the most of a corrupt system is something entirely different to begging for scraps, because I promise you the price to be paid will be extracted at a later date.

How would such a ‘Asian month’ etc be beneficial for Sikhs? I think most goray in UK already know Asians are highly successful in important fields.

the worst thing would be lumped together with certain sections of the Asian population.

I think Sikhs are doing just fine here

Black History month in the UK stems from a lack of identity and insecurity from certain elements of the Afro-Caribbean community. 

The majority of the black community in the UK is now directly from Africa. 

The Africans know where they are from, what tribe they are from, what village they are from and all their traditions and heritage that goes back thousands of years. They don't need any validation. 

The afro-Caribbean community (certain segments ) don't know where they originally come from and through Black History Month are looking for validation from the whites.

The focus is too much on celibrities and sports people. 

Their role models should come from every day walks of life, like doctors, lawyers, engineers, business owners, architects etc.

If they focuses on that, then they would be a far stronger and more self-confident community.