Black History Month UK

ChardikalaUK

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Not like black folk control the media. 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The focus is too much on celibrities and sports people. 

Their role models should come from every day walks of life, like doctors, lawyers, engineers, business owners, architects etc.

If they focuses on that, then they would be a far stronger and more self-confident community. 

The above two quotes, equally correct in their assertions, illustrate the game being played with black people.

12 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's been all over the TV and news this month.

South Asians are the biggest minority group in the UK but we get no such month. We generally just keep our heads down and get on with things. 

Look at the contributions we make to this country, especially Sikhs and Hindus. We are disproportionately represented in Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, IT, corner shops. Professions that actually benefit society on a day to day basis, not just music and sports. 

Why do they always go on about having a black James Bond? Why never an Indian one?

We never go begging for quotas or complain that we are under represented in certain fields. Look at Lewis Hamilton complaining about the lack of black people involved in the Engineering aspect of Formula 1. What he fails to realise is that not many black people are interested in such a field to begin with, he just feels entitled that there should be black engineers in Formula One for some reason.

I wonder what goreh really think about things like this in the UK? Do black people help their cause by creating protests and riots or do people think twice about hiring them because they are prone to playing the race card?

Does playing the race card help? Should we be doing such things? I think we get just as much racism as black people if not more.

This post shows a lack of empathy and a very bad understanding of the current issues, not to mention all the negative stereotypes you used. Our black brothers and sisters have been subject to the most intense systemic and institutional racism which still continues to this day. The whole point of the month and BLM for that matter is to bring awareness to it and demand further change, so black people have equal opportunities like the rest of us. We as Khalsey of Guru Gobind Singh jee should not be opposed to this as anything that promotes equality and justice is in-line with Maharaj's hukam.

..."maanas kee jaath sabai eaekai pehichaanabo"

1 minute ago, AmanSingh7 said:

This post shows a lack of empathy and a very bad understanding of the current issues, not to mention all the negative stereotypes you used. Our black brothers and sisters have been subject to the most intense systemic and institutional racism which still continues to this day. The whole point of the month and BLM for that matter is to bring awareness to it and demand further change, so black people have equal opportunities like the rest of us. We as Khalsey of Guru Gobind Singh jee should not be opposed to this as anything that promotes equality and justice is in-line with Maharaj's hukam.

..."maanas kee jaath sabai eaekai pehichaanabo"

They have had worse treatment than dastaar-waley Singhs ?  

This ‘BLM’ is encouraging Blacks to feel like they are more important than other groups. 

do you agree with that?

like a previous post, the best way for them to achieve ‘equality’ is if they start to be competitive with the likes of Jews and Indians in professions and business 

Just now, Premi5 said:

They have had worse treatment than dastaar-waley Singhs ?  

This ‘BLM’ is encouraging Blacks to feel like they are more important than other groups. 

do you agree with that?

like a previous post, the best way for them to achieve ‘equality’ is if they start to be competitive with the likes of Jews and Indians in professions and business 

Thats just your own prejudice thoughts jee, not one black person has said anything about feeling more important. Its about feeling EQUAL. 

Funny thing BLM, is run by white people just watch how many black people do not even like them. 

So they riot and steal from themselves,  then you had the lad who passed away by a copper with his knee on his neck, and they do that a tribute with their arm in the air, its an absolute disgrace.

People look without seeing.

18 minutes ago, AmanSingh7 said:

Thats just your own prejudice thoughts jee, not one black person has said anything about feeling more important. Its about feeling EQUAL. 

Black Caribbean people have achieved disproportionately well in sports and music in the UK. 

But not in the professional fields

the opposite is true for Asians in the UK

i don’t see why the big deal  being made about ‘equality’ when they are not achieving in the fields to earn them real respect with the remainder of the population. Why do we see so many black Caribbean criminals in the news? 

BLM will make more sense when they can address the problems within their own community in the UK which unfortunately I have observed working in London, there are large numbers of black kids or mixed kids (black father) where the father is absent and therefore the home life is not as good and then the kids turn to crime and unemployment etc

25 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Funny thing BLM, is run by white people just watch how many black people do not even like them. 

Jews, but I get your point. The founder of BLM is a Jewish woman who was pardoned by Bill Clinton (when he was president) after she committed a terrorist attack in the 70s. 

Also, why are the majority of BLM street activists in the U.S. soft, white (genuine whites, not pretending) millennials? You have ACTUAL African Americans telling them, "F*** you, you don't represent me. Stop using my race and my people as political tools." Are they fake blacks? Are they self-haters?

12 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Jews, but I get your point. The founder of BLM is a Jewish woman who was pardoned by Bill Clinton (when he was president) after she committed a terrorist attack in the 70s. 

Also, why are the majority of BLM street activists in the U.S. soft, white (genuine whites, not pretending) millennials? You have ACTUAL African Americans telling them, "F*** you, you don't represent me. Stop using my race and my people as political tools." Are they fake blacks? Are they self-haters?

They ain't fake or self haters, they are like why are you coming to our community and messing up it? Chaos and rioting,  they are just perpetuating bad energy. 

38 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Black Caribbean people have achieved disproportionately well in sports and music in the UK. 

But not in the professional fields

the opposite is true for Asians in the UK

i don’t see why the big deal  being made about ‘equality’ when they are not achieving in the fields to earn them real respect with the remainder of the population. Why do we see so many black Caribbean criminals in the news? 

BLM will make more sense when they can address the problems within their own community in the UK which unfortunately I have observed working in London, there are large numbers of black kids or mixed kids (black father) where the father is absent and therefore the home life is not as good and then the kids turn to crime and unemployment etc

How many homes in Punjab have suffered the same fate?

In the states those are the only areas black folk were allowed to excel. Entertainment.