Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's been all over the TV and news this month.

South Asians are the biggest minority group in the UK but we get no such month. We generally just keep our heads down and get on with things. 

Look at the contributions we make to this country, especially Sikhs and Hindus. We are disproportionately represented in Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, IT, corner shops. Professions that actually benefit society on a day to day basis, not just music and sports. 

Why do they always go on about having a black James Bond? Why never an Indian one?

We never go begging for quotas or complain that we are under represented in certain fields. Look at Lewis Hamilton complaining about the lack of black people involved in the Engineering aspect of Formula 1. What he fails to realise is that not many black people are interested in such a field to begin with, he just feels entitled that there should be black engineers in Formula One for some reason.

I wonder what goreh really think about things like this in the UK? Do black people help their cause by creating protests and riots or do people think twice about hiring them because they are prone to playing the race card?

Does playing the race card help? Should we be doing such things? I think we get just as much racism as black people if not more.

  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's a dog eat dog world out there. If other groups are doing it we should at least consider it.

Look at the Jews, they still go on about the holocaust 80 years later. 

If this forum reflects wider Sikh society, we have a fundamental and fatal misunderstanding of why the Jews are where they are.

Aside from that, if you surround yourself and interact with weak individuals and people clamouring to claim victimhood at every opportunity, you may get thrown some gibs and freebies along the way, but it will be at the expense of your self-respect and the admiration and respect of the silent majority who understand the reality of the world we occupy. 

Playing the game and making the most of a corrupt system is something entirely different to begging for scraps, because I promise you the price to be paid will be extracted at a later date.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How would such a ‘Asian month’ etc be beneficial for Sikhs? I think most goray in UK already know Asians are highly successful in important fields.

 

the worst thing would be lumped together with certain sections of the Asian population.

I think Sikhs are doing just fine here

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Black History month in the UK stems from a lack of identity and insecurity from certain elements of the Afro-Caribbean community. 

The majority of the black community in the UK is now directly from Africa. 

The Africans know where they are from, what tribe they are from, what village they are from and all their traditions and heritage that goes back thousands of years. They don't need any validation. 

The afro-Caribbean community (certain segments ) don't know where they originally come from and through Black History Month are looking for validation from the whites.

The focus is too much on celibrities and sports people. 

Their role models should come from every day walks of life, like doctors, lawyers, engineers, business owners, architects etc.

If they focuses on that, then they would be a far stronger and more self-confident community. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Not like black folk control the media. 

 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The focus is too much on celibrities and sports people. 

Their role models should come from every day walks of life, like doctors, lawyers, engineers, business owners, architects etc.

If they focuses on that, then they would be a far stronger and more self-confident community. 

The above two quotes, equally correct in their assertions, illustrate the game being played with black people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

It's been all over the TV and news this month.

South Asians are the biggest minority group in the UK but we get no such month. We generally just keep our heads down and get on with things. 

Look at the contributions we make to this country, especially Sikhs and Hindus. We are disproportionately represented in Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, IT, corner shops. Professions that actually benefit society on a day to day basis, not just music and sports. 

Why do they always go on about having a black James Bond? Why never an Indian one?

We never go begging for quotas or complain that we are under represented in certain fields. Look at Lewis Hamilton complaining about the lack of black people involved in the Engineering aspect of Formula 1. What he fails to realise is that not many black people are interested in such a field to begin with, he just feels entitled that there should be black engineers in Formula One for some reason.

I wonder what goreh really think about things like this in the UK? Do black people help their cause by creating protests and riots or do people think twice about hiring them because they are prone to playing the race card?

Does playing the race card help? Should we be doing such things? I think we get just as much racism as black people if not more.

This post shows a lack of empathy and a very bad understanding of the current issues, not to mention all the negative stereotypes you used. Our black brothers and sisters have been subject to the most intense systemic and institutional racism which still continues to this day. The whole point of the month and BLM for that matter is to bring awareness to it and demand further change, so black people have equal opportunities like the rest of us. We as Khalsey of Guru Gobind Singh jee should not be opposed to this as anything that promotes equality and justice is in-line with Maharaj's hukam.

..."maanas kee jaath sabai eaekai pehichaanabo"

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AmanSingh7 said:

This post shows a lack of empathy and a very bad understanding of the current issues, not to mention all the negative stereotypes you used. Our black brothers and sisters have been subject to the most intense systemic and institutional racism which still continues to this day. The whole point of the month and BLM for that matter is to bring awareness to it and demand further change, so black people have equal opportunities like the rest of us. We as Khalsey of Guru Gobind Singh jee should not be opposed to this as anything that promotes equality and justice is in-line with Maharaj's hukam.

..."maanas kee jaath sabai eaekai pehichaanabo"

 

They have had worse treatment than dastaar-waley Singhs ?  
 

This ‘BLM’ is encouraging Blacks to feel like they are more important than other groups. 
 

do you agree with that?

like a previous post, the best way for them to achieve ‘equality’ is if they start to be competitive with the likes of Jews and Indians in professions and business 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Premi5 said:

They have had worse treatment than dastaar-waley Singhs ?  
 

This ‘BLM’ is encouraging Blacks to feel like they are more important than other groups. 
 

do you agree with that?

like a previous post, the best way for them to achieve ‘equality’ is if they start to be competitive with the likes of Jews and Indians in professions and business 

Thats just your own prejudice thoughts jee, not one black person has said anything about feeling more important. Its about feeling EQUAL. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing BLM, is run by white people just watch how many black people do not even like them. 

So they riot and steal from themselves,  then you had the lad who passed away by a copper with his knee on his neck, and they do that a tribute with their arm in the air, its an absolute disgrace.

People look without seeing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Even then, quite a few older whites who've been going Spain every years for God knows how long, want to retire there. Cheaper living, the sun, less foreigners (they have their own enclaves) etc.  Whereas a working class english here will tell a spaniard to 'f**k off back your country bozo' the spanish are economically dependent on these lot, and don't tell them the same over there.  
    • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58892160 Football coach jailed for 25 years in Dubai over CBD vape oil Published 2 days ago Share IMAGE SOURCE,DETAINED IN DUBAI Image caption,Billy Hood claims he was forced to sign a confession written in Arabic despite not speaking the language A British football coach has been jailed for 25 years in Dubai after four bottles of vape liquid containing cannabis oil were found in his car. Billy Hood from Notting Hill, west London, was arrested on 31 January, shortly after moving to the country. The 24-year-old claims he was forced to sign a confession written in Arabic despite not speaking the language. The Foreign Office said it was "giving consular support to a British man who has been imprisoned" in Dubai. Mr Hood, who played semi-professional football for Kensington and Ealing Borough FC, told campaign group Detained in Dubai police had unexpectedly turned up and demanded to search his home and car. He told the group he was taken to a "police station and kept in an isolation cell for 14 days without any hygiene products". Mr Hood claimed the oil was left by a friend who had been visiting from England two weeks earlier. But he claimed he was forced to sign a confession after being pressured by local law enforcement. This month he was convicted by a court of drug trafficking with intent to supply. Vaping cannabidiol (CBD) oil is legal in the UK and has become extremely popular - typically used to relieve pain, anxiety or stress. The Foreign Office advise there is a "zero-tolerance for drugs-related offences" in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). "Forced and coerced confessions are commonplace in Dubai," said Radha Stirling, chief executive of Detained in Dubai, who are representing the family. Sentences for drug trafficking can include the death penalty and possession of even the smallest amount of illegal drugs can lead to a minimum four-year jail sentence. IMAGE SOURCE,DETAINED IN DUBAI Image caption,Billy Hood's family are appealing to the UK and UAE government to intervene In a statement to his lawyers Mr Hood said: "I have always had a zero-tolerance on any drugs or illegal substances. "For me to be accused of promoting and selling drugs in a country that has the same beliefs and values as me is very upsetting as it affects my future." Mr Hood's family are appealing to the UK and UAE government to intervene in the case. Mr Hood's mother Breda said: "I have hidden myself away, crying and crying when I imagine what our sweet boy is going through. "It is the worst stress I've ever been through and I feel helpless." The UAE embassy has been approached for comment.
    • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58930593 Conservative MP Sir David Amess has died after being stabbed multiple times at his constituency surgery in Essex. Police said a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after the attack at a church in Leigh-on-Sea. They recovered a knife and are not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident. A counter terrorism team will lead the investigation. Boris Johnson has spoken of his shock and sadness at the loss of "one of the kindest" people in politics. Home Secretary Priti Patel has asked all police forces to review security arrangements for MPs "with immediate effect", a Home Office spokesman said. Sir David, 69, had been an MP since 1983 and was married with five children. He is the second serving MP to be killed in the past five years, following the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox in 2016. She was killed outside a library in Birstall, West Yorkshire, where she was due to hold a constituency surgery.   The investigation into the attack will be led by the Metropolitan Police's specialist Counter Terrorism Command, who will determine whether it was a terrorist incident. The prime minister said Sir David had an "outstanding record of passing laws to help the most vulnerable". "David was a man who believed passionately in this country and in its future. We've lost today a fine public servant and a much-loved friend and colleague," said Mr Johnson. Ms Patel said the killing "represents a senseless attack on democracy itself", adding that "questions are rightly being asked about the safety of our country's elected representatives". Sir David, who represented Southend West, was holding a constituency surgery - where voters can meet their MP and discuss concerns - at Belfairs Methodist Church in Eastwood Road North. Essex Police Chief Constable Ben-Julian Harrington said they received reports of a stabbing shortly after 12:05 BST and within minutes, officers found Sir David with multiple injuries. Police and paramedics "worked extremely hard" to save him but he died at the scene, Mr Harrington said. IMAGE SOURCE,ANTHONY FITCH Image caption,Armed police were seen outside the church where Sir David met consituents Police have appealed for anyone who saw the attack, or who has footage from CCTV, dash cams or video doorbell to contact them. Southend councillor John Lamb told the BBC that Sir David moved his surgeries to different locations around the constituency "to meet the people" and said the attack was "absolutely dreadful". "We've lost a very good, hard working constituency MP who worked for everyone," he said. Who was Sir David Amess? A Conservative backbencher for nearly forty years, Sir David entered Parliament in 1983 as the MP for Basildon. He held the seat in 1992, but switched to nearby Southend West at the 1997 election. Raised as a Roman Catholic, he was known politically as a social conservative and as a prominent campaigner against abortion and on animal welfare issues. He was also known for his championing of Southend, including a long-running campaign to win city status for the town.  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use