Indo Canadian Gang, Amrit, my life

On 10/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

You have done a lot of wrong things but you have redeemed yourself by doing the right things. 

You are in a better place because of Sikhi. Look how far you have come because of Sikhi. 

If you do not want to take Amrit then at least keep your kes and dastaar and keep doing the nitnem.

Keep it simple. Your daily paath has a had a lot of benefits that you do not realise.

You will realise what you are missing when you stop doing it.

Well said.. You are safe and at peace.. thanks to Sikhi..

Keep your Kes and Dastaar.. doing simran and nitnem will give your strength..will take you to the right path :)

On 10/17/2020 at 10:11 AM, TuhadaDaas said:

You say you think you are lying by keeping hair.

Who do you think you should be if you have hair? And why do you think this? 

Would you really ever be satisfied....

I agree with TuhadaDass ji but not sure about the meat part..

I feel Singh Khalsa 1984 needs a balance like he even said it.. First he was into drugs, alcohol, etc which is the extreme..

Then he was into Amrit, Khalistan, vegan..Extreme again..

I would say he is so lucky he is still doing great.. Thank God he got such a supportive and lovely wife..

I have been through some hard time in life and used to cry at nights.. not eating well..It was really bad.. I was being so negative...

Then I started Paath, Naam Simran.. It was so helpful..my days got better and I sleep in peace.. :)

Shukar hai Waheguru da..

was also thinking of Amrit but I took my time to see if I will be able to do it and it was hard.. 

I started thinking of taking amrit and it is gonna help me at the end.. otherwise I will be stuck in maya like these poor humans around me..but I am not strong enough at this moment...

The thing is when we start something new, we are motivated...but motivation doesn't last for too long..

Also, I was having some ego issues because I started thinking I am not like those people who are doing bad..I do paath...so I am better... in a way I used to tell myself.. I am better than others because I am doing good stuff... Haumai ...

Finally, I have relaized before taking Amrit.. I need to get ready for it.. I need to worry more about inside rather than my physical appearance.. I need to be humble.. I need to focus on my karams..my thoughts..

I started listening to Kathas, Gurbani and I have realized that we need to practice lots of naam simran and need to have compassion for others... so I have decided it is  better to take time rather than rushing things...

So Singh Khalsa ji... Please don't rush again.. First you have decided to be Amritdhari..now going back to Mona..

Later on, you might regret again..  I don't agree that you are living a lie if you will keep kes and wear dastaar..

It is a respect that you want to show our Guruji.. 

Living a lie. Being fake... You are telling stories, kind of convincing yourself to go back to that Mona appearance..

You are not being fake... you are trying harder.. please keep it up..

Lets say you will go back to that mona look... So, isn't that being selfish?

When you needed Guruji's kirpa.. you did Naam Simran, Amritdhari life and everything...

Now that your life is on track, you want to leave that Amitdhari lifestyle...that lifestyle was so helpful for you..

You should not worry about what others think or say.. I am sure they talk now as well that a gangster is becoming Amritdhari and all...

You are not here to please people.. you are here to please your soul :)

Now that you have proper Sikh appearance, please keep it.. and please try to do naam simran.. It will give you peace..

So... Either you have to live a lie..according to your perspective.. or you have to be a selfish.. that is what I feel..

You can decide but please think and take your time...

Veer ji, please don't mind if you think I have said a lot... just giving my opinion in general :)

Some days, I don't do paath.. I feel so bad all day.. I guess it is my Soul crying for soul food ..

I just want to make sure that I do naam Simran everyday..praising Waheguru..being grateful and having good karams...

Waheguru Mehar Karey...

On 10/17/2020 at 2:10 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Whatever u decide. Make sure to keep that connection to gurusahib. Or few years of living the successful lifestyle: eating out, luxury brands, dressing up, intellectual debates and ur connection and faith in Sri Guru Granth sahib will also fade. 

Beautifully explained.. So much to learn..Thank you

1 minute ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I think people fail to realise (going to use some modern terminology )that Sikhi provides the toolset to bring out the best in yourself.

Simran and nitnem gives structure, discipline and settles the mind and provides clarity. 

Totally... When we experience it, only then we can understand it :)

22 hours ago, kaur said:

Well said.. You are safe and at peace.. thanks to Sikhi..

Keep your Kes and Dastaar.. doing simran and nitnem will give your strength..will take you to the right path :)

Hello sister. Just wanted to say thanks to you and everyone else on this thread for all their support. 

However I had a talk with my wife and son. 

My wife really wants me to stay amritdhari. She likes it. My son does not want me to cut my hair. But its about how I feel. And I think your right sister. 

In the time of need i turned to sikhi for guidance and support. And Guru ji gave me my life back plus soo soo soo much more. 

And its wrong for me to leave once I'm comfortable. 

I decided to stay a gursikh  and try to keep my nitnem. 

I still eat meat though .... to some people that maybe an issue. However the Sikh Rehat Maryada says i can eat meat as long as its not Halal. 

So I will continue to do so and this will not break my amrit. I know God made human beings as omnivores. The vegetarian diet was only added due to the brahmin influence. Our elders, the Guru panth knew this and created a marayada accordingly. Anyways the a topic for another thread l

I feel excited again. I got that spark in me again to become a better Sikh. 

I did ardaas and hope Guru ji forgives me for losing my way. I was weak and let maya get me

Thank you sister 

On 10/18/2020 at 6:56 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

Hello sister. Just wanted to say thanks to you and everyone else on this thread for all their support. 

However I had a talk with my wife and son. 

My wife really wants me to stay amritdhari. She likes it. My son does not want me to cut my hair. But its about how I feel. And I think your right sister. 

In the time of need i turned to sikhi for guidance and support. And Guru ji gave me my life back plus soo soo soo much more. 

And its wrong for me to leave once I'm comfortable. 

I decided to stay a gursikh  and try to keep my nitnem. 

I still eat meat though .... to some people that maybe an issue. *DELETED*

So I will continue to do so and this will not break my amrit. I know God made human beings as omnivores. The vegetarian diet was only added due to the brahmin influence. Our elders, the Guru panth knew this and created a marayada accordingly. Anyways the a topic for another thread l

I feel excited again. I got that spark in me again to become a better Sikh. 

I did ardaas and hope Guru ji forgives me for losing my way. I was weak and let maya get me

Thank you sister

Veer ji.. I am smiling while reading your reply..

You are really lucky to have a beautiful family.. your supportive wife, lovely kid and Waheguru :)

I am glad  to know you will keep your kes and dastaar.. 

Veer ji, we all get weak and lazy here and there.. but then we have to remind oursleves.. Khalsa oh jo karey nitt Jang :)

And that jang is with our stubborn mind..

I am vegetarian now but used to eat eggs for all the ''health benefits'' and for the taste but after listening to kathas and reasonable thoughts, I have stopped from long time.. and if I even try to eat, they smell and taste weird.. It is Waheguru's kirpa..

Trust me, We can be so healthy and calm if we consume veggies, fruits and vegetarian diet.. I have experienced it and that is why I am sharing it with you..

I don't have all the facts and logical points for veg vs non veg.. coz then we get into that extreme stuff..lol

So, balance is the key but I am pretty sure being vegetarian is beneficial..

Anyway.. I am happy for you veer ji..

WAHEGURU :)

On 10/19/2020 at 5:45 AM, kaur said:

Veer ji.. I am smiling while reading your reply..

You are really lucky to have a beautiful family.. your supportive wife, lovely kid and Waheguru :)

I am glad  to know you will keep your kes and dastaar.. 

Veer ji, we all get weak and lazy here and there.. but then we have to remind oursleves.. Khalsa oh jo karey nitt Jang :)

And that jang is with our stubborn mind..

I am vegetarian now but used to eat eggs for all the ''health benefits'' and for the taste but after listening to kathas and reasonable thoughts, I have stopped from long time.. and if I even try to eat, they smell and taste weird.. It is Waheguru's kirpa..

Trust me, We can be so healthy and calm if we consume veggies, fruits and vegetarian diet.. I have experienced it and that is why I am sharing it with you..

I don't have all the facts and logical points for veg vs non veg.. coz then we get into that extreme stuff..lol

So, balance is the key but I am pretty sure being vegetarian is beneficial..

Anyway.. I am happy for you veer ji..

WAHEGURU :)

Thank you for replying. Its nice we can turn to the Sat sangat for support and still stay anonymous. This site is helping our kaum. Its hard to talk about my personal life with sangat at the gurdwara. I feel comfortable staying anonymous. Gupt Sangat has provided that for me and probably many others. 

Sat Sangat is Guru panth. Reading all the advice from this forum from you and many others to me is the support I needed and I'm glad I can turn to the Guru panth in this time of need. 

Thank you sister. 

I will look into a vegetarian diet soon. I think I need to hire a dietitian this time to avoid nutrient deficiency. 

Like I said before the vegan diet ruined my health. Maybe I did it wrong. Its actually very complicated. Hard to get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. *DELETED* That way I think I can meet my nutriention requirements and stay vegetarian. 

Thanks for all your help. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh

ਗਉੜੀ ਗੁਆਰੇਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥
Gauree Gwaarayree, Third Mehla:

ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰੇ ਧਾਤੁ ਮਰਿ ਜਾਇ ॥
(ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈ ਕੇ ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਆਪਣੇ) ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਕਾਬੂ ਕਰ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ (ਮਾਇਆ ਵਾਲੀ) ਭਟਕਣਾ ਮੁੱਕ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ । 
When someone kills and subdues his own mind, his wandering nature is also subdued.

ਬਿਨੁ ਮੂਏ ਕੈਸੇ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਇ ॥
ਮਨ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋ ਸਕਦੀ । 
Without such a death, how can one find the Lord?

ਮਨੁ ਮਰੈ ਦਾਰੂ ਜਾਣੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਉਸੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜੇਹੜਾ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੱਸ ਲਿਆਉਣ ਦੀ ਦਵਾਈ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ, 
Only a few know the medicine to kill the mind.

ਮਨੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਰੈ ਬੂਝੈ ਜਨੁ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥
(ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ) ਉਹੀ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਮਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।
One whose mind dies in the Word of the Shabad, understands Him. ||1||

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਬਖਸੇ ਦੇ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥
(ਹੇ ਭਾਈ!) ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਉਤੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ (ਇਹ) ਵਡਿਆਈ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ 
He grants greatness to those whom He forgives.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਹਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
(ਕਿ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਉਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਵੱਸਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to dwell within the mind. ||1||Pause||

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥
ਜਦੋਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਵਾਲਾ ਆਚਰਨ ਬਣਾਣ ਦੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, 
The Gurmukh practices doing good deeds;

ਤਾ ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਵੈ ॥
ਤਦੋਂ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਮਨ (ਦੇ ਸੁਭਾਵ) ਦੀ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ, (ਤਦੋਂ ਉਹ ਸਮਝ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ), 
thus he comes to understand this mind.

ਮਨੁ ਮੈ ਮਤੁ ਮੈਗਲ ਮਿਕਦਾਰਾ ॥
ਮਨ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚ ਮਸਤ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕੋਈ ਹਾਥੀ ਸ਼ਰਾਬ ਵਿਚ ਮਸਤ ਹੋਵੇ । 
The mind is like an elephant, drunk with wine.

ਗੁਰੁ ਅੰਕਸੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲਣਹਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ (ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤੇ ਮਰੇ ਹੋਏ ਇਸ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ) ਅੰਕੁਸ ਮਾਰ ਕੇ (ਮੁੜ) ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੇਣ ਦੇ ਸਮਰੱਥ ਹੈ ।੨।
The Guru is the rod which controls it, and shows it the way. ||2||

ਮਨੁ ਅਸਾਧੁ ਸਾਧੈ ਜਨੁ ਕੋਇ ॥
(ਇਹ) ਮਨ (ਸੌਖੇ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ) ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਆ ਸਕਦਾ, ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ) ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ । 
The mind is uncontrollable; how rare are those who subdue it.

ਅਚਰੁ ਚਰੈ ਤਾ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਜਦੋਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ) ਅਮੋੜ-ਪੁਣੇ ਨੂੰ ਮੁਕਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਤਦੋਂ ਮਨ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ । 
Those who move the immovable become pure.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਲਇਆ ਸਵਾਰਿ ॥
ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਪੈਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਸ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਬਣਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, 
The Gurmukhs embellish and beautify this mind.

ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਤਜੇ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥੩॥
ਉਹ (ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ) ਹਉਮੈ ਛੱਡ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਵਿਕਾਰ ਤਿਆਗ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।੩।
They eradicate egotism and corruption from within. ||3||

ਜੋ ਧੁਰਿ ਰਾਖਿਅਨੁ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥
ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਧੁਰ ਦਰਗਾਹ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ (ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਵਲੋਂ) ਰੱਖ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ, 
Those who, by pre-ordained destiny, are united in the Lord's Union,

ਕਦੇ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਹਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
ਉਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਲੀਨ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਕਦੇ ਉਸ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਵਿਛੁੜਦੇ ਨਹੀਂ । 
are never separated from Him again; they are absorbed in the Shabad.

ਆਪਣੀ ਕਲਾ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਜਾਣੈ ॥
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਆਪਣੀ ਇਹ ਗੁਝੀ ਤਾਕਤ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ । 
He Himself knows His Own Almighty Power.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥੪॥੫॥੨੫॥
(ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਪਰਤੱਖ ਹੈ ਕਿ) ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਪਛਾਣ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ (ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ ਡੂੰਘੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਪਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ) ।੪।੫।੨੫।
O Nanak, the Gurmukh realizes the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||4||5||25||

Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Gauree - 159

On 10/19/2020 at 9:29 AM, Akalifauj said:

ਗਉੜੀ ਗੁਆਰੇਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥
Gauree Gwaarayree, Third Mehla:

ਮਨੁ ਮਾਰੇ ਧਾਤੁ ਮਰਿ ਜਾਇ ॥
(ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈ ਕੇ ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਆਪਣੇ) ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਕਾਬੂ ਕਰ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ (ਮਾਇਆ ਵਾਲੀ) ਭਟਕਣਾ ਮੁੱਕ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ । 
When someone kills and subdues his own mind, his wandering nature is also subdued.

ਬਿਨੁ ਮੂਏ ਕੈਸੇ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਇ ॥
ਮਨ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋ ਸਕਦੀ । 
Without such a death, how can one find the Lord?

ਮਨੁ ਮਰੈ ਦਾਰੂ ਜਾਣੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
ਉਸੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜੇਹੜਾ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਵੱਸ ਲਿਆਉਣ ਦੀ ਦਵਾਈ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ, 
Only a few know the medicine to kill the mind.

ਮਨੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਰੈ ਬੂਝੈ ਜਨੁ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥
(ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ) ਉਹੀ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਮਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜਿਆਂ ਹੀ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।
One whose mind dies in the Word of the Shabad, understands Him. ||1||

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਬਖਸੇ ਦੇ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥
(ਹੇ ਭਾਈ!) ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਉਤੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ (ਇਹ) ਵਡਿਆਈ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ 
He grants greatness to those whom He forgives.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਹਰਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
(ਕਿ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਉਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਉਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਵੱਸਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to dwell within the mind. ||1||Pause||

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥
ਜਦੋਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਵਾਲਾ ਆਚਰਨ ਬਣਾਣ ਦੀ ਕਾਰ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, 
The Gurmukh practices doing good deeds;

ਤਾ ਇਸੁ ਮਨ ਕੀ ਸੋਝੀ ਪਾਵੈ ॥
ਤਦੋਂ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਇਸ ਮਨ (ਦੇ ਸੁਭਾਵ) ਦੀ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ, (ਤਦੋਂ ਉਹ ਸਮਝ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ), 
thus he comes to understand this mind.

ਮਨੁ ਮੈ ਮਤੁ ਮੈਗਲ ਮਿਕਦਾਰਾ ॥
ਮਨ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚ ਮਸਤ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਕੋਈ ਹਾਥੀ ਸ਼ਰਾਬ ਵਿਚ ਮਸਤ ਹੋਵੇ । 
The mind is like an elephant, drunk with wine.

ਗੁਰੁ ਅੰਕਸੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਜੀਵਾਲਣਹਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ (ਆਤਮਕ ਮੌਤੇ ਮਰੇ ਹੋਏ ਇਸ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਦਾ) ਅੰਕੁਸ ਮਾਰ ਕੇ (ਮੁੜ) ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਦੇਣ ਦੇ ਸਮਰੱਥ ਹੈ ।੨।
The Guru is the rod which controls it, and shows it the way. ||2||

ਮਨੁ ਅਸਾਧੁ ਸਾਧੈ ਜਨੁ ਕੋਇ ॥
(ਇਹ) ਮਨ (ਸੌਖੇ ਤਰੀਕੇ ਨਾਲ) ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਨਹੀਂ ਆ ਸਕਦਾ, ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ) ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਆਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ । 
The mind is uncontrollable; how rare are those who subdue it.

ਅਚਰੁ ਚਰੈ ਤਾ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਜਦੋਂ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਣੇ ਮਨ ਦੇ) ਅਮੋੜ-ਪੁਣੇ ਨੂੰ ਮੁਕਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਤਦੋਂ ਮਨ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ । 
Those who move the immovable become pure.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਲਇਆ ਸਵਾਰਿ ॥
ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਰਨ ਪੈਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਸ ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਬਣਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, 
The Gurmukhs embellish and beautify this mind.

ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਤਜੇ ਵਿਕਾਰ ॥੩॥
ਉਹ (ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ) ਹਉਮੈ ਛੱਡ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਵਿਕਾਰ ਤਿਆਗ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।੩।
They eradicate egotism and corruption from within. ||3||

ਜੋ ਧੁਰਿ ਰਾਖਿਅਨੁ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥
ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਧੁਰ ਦਰਗਾਹ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜੋੜ ਕੇ (ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਵਲੋਂ) ਰੱਖ ਲਿਆ ਹੈ, 
Those who, by pre-ordained destiny, are united in the Lord's Union,

ਕਦੇ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਹਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
ਉਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਲੀਨ ਰਹਿ ਕੇ ਕਦੇ ਉਸ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਵਿਛੁੜਦੇ ਨਹੀਂ । 
are never separated from Him again; they are absorbed in the Shabad.

ਆਪਣੀ ਕਲਾ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਜਾਣੈ ॥
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਆਪਣੀ ਇਹ ਗੁਝੀ ਤਾਕਤ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ । 
He Himself knows His Own Almighty Power.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥੪॥੫॥੨੫॥
(ਇਕ ਗੱਲ ਪਰਤੱਖ ਹੈ ਕਿ) ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਪਛਾਣ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ (ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ ਡੂੰਘੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਪਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ) ।੪।੫।੨੫।
O Nanak, the Gurmukh realizes the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||4||5||25||

Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Gauree - 159

Waheguru!

Thank you for sharing. And thank you for your support. 

I decided to stay as a Gursikh. This is my decision. Its nice to know my wife wanted me too as well. She's very supportive and didn't want me to leave sikhi. 

Guru jis kirpa I'm starting my nitnem again and simran. 

*DELETED*

Anyways. Just wanted to say thanks again. For your help 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh