Indo Canadian Gang, Amrit, my life

On 10/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

At the time there was alot of stuff going on with them. We didnt want to jump in the middle of it. Most of those black gangs were not very organized. And the bikers were too loud. I didnt trust them personally.

First of all, well done for getting out of the life. You are doing the right thing, and setting an example for your children. That is a great thing, and more of our community here needs to make an effort like you have. Unfortunately due to the culture, movies/media and music these youngsters are heavily and easily influenced to take part in this lifestyle. The truth is most of them will end up dead/in jail. All these movies make this lifestyle look cool and easy, but it is far from that. I have been also trying to live on a good path that is why I am here also. Learning as much as I can and trying to become a better person in life. 

19 hours ago, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

Thank you for replying. Its nice we can turn to the Sat sangat for support and still stay anonymous. This site is helping our kaum. Its hard to talk about my personal life with sangat at the gurdwara. I feel comfortable staying anonymous. Gupt Sangat has provided that for me and probably many others. 

Sat Sangat is Guru panth. Reading all the advice from this forum from you and many others to me is the support I needed and I'm glad I can turn to the Guru panth in this time of need. 

Thank you sister. 

I will look into a vegetarian diet soon. I think I need to hire a dietitian this time to avoid nutrient deficiency. 

Like I said before the vegan diet ruined my health. Maybe I did it wrong. Its actually very complicated. Hard to get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. I thought eggs were vegetarian since the non fertilize eggs sold in farms and markets have no life. Anyways that something I need to look more into. As long as the animal is treated the humane way, I don't mind drinking milk of a cow or eating eggs of a chicken. That way I think I can meet my nutriention requirements and stay vegetarian. 

Thanks for all your help. 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh

Yes... we are glad to have this Sangat's support here :)

You are doing great veer ji..Keep it up :)

On 10/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

im either a Punjabi gangster mona, or trying to be that perfect Saint amritdhari lol. I need to find a balance. 

Do you know how to read Gurmukhi? If not, definitely jump on that as a top priority. That way you can access Guru ji directly regardless of all your flaws. You got to be careful of that vacillation between a 'street life' and dharam though.

You learn things in the former that can help you in the latter; BUT you learn things in latter that can help you survive the former. Hope that makes sense. 

It's a tough battle but your dharam may be the one pure thing in your life - be careful of corrupting it. Because if that goes - you'll feel like a proper empty vessel. Connect directly to your padshah and don't let people try and manipulate that relationship. You're going to slowly become a scholar seeking sach. 

Keep your moral compass strong and compassionate. It's tough as hell sometimes. (And if you're real) Think about all the people you knew that didn't make it (and I bet a few of them were a lot tougher than you) - and consider the fact that you have survived thus far.  Be grateful to Waheguru.   

4 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Do you know how to read Gurmukhi? If not, definitely jump on that as a top priority. That way you can access Guru ji directly regardless of all your flaws. You got to be careful of that vacillation between a 'street life' and dharam though.

You learn things in the former that can help you in the latter; BUT you learn things in latter that can help you survive the former. Hope that makes sense. 

It's a tough battle but your dharam may be the one pure thing in your life - be careful of corrupting it. Because if that goes - you'll feel like a proper empty vessel. Connect directly to your padshah and don't let people try and manipulate that relationship. You're going to slowly become a scholar seeking sach. 

Keep your moral compass strong and compassionate. It's tough as hell sometimes. (And if you're real) Think about all the people you knew that didn't make it (and I bet a few of them were a lot tougher than you) - and consider the fact that you have survived thus far.  Be grateful to Waheguru.   

Thank you for messaging Dally singh. Yes you are absolutely right, agree with you 100%. 

Yes I do know Gurmukhi how to read it. But I don't understand the meaning yet. 

I'm relying on videos posted by Bhai jagraj singh from basics of sikhi to help me. 

The translations are not always correct 

I am very much grateful. I decided to remain a Gursikh. I feel great I have the spark light up within me again. Started doing nitnem, and some more Chaupai Sahib paat. Asking Guru ji to help me stay grounded. Keep me in sikhi. And to never fall of this path. 

Yes I agree and it does make sense. Learning things in the former and latter and applying it moving forward. We all learn from our mistakes I suppose. 

No I guess I'm not tough at all lol. This proves it if I was questioning to remain a gursikh or not. Horrible I feel soo low for even thinking it. But wahegurus kirpa, I'm back and pray this never happens to me again. 

Yes for sure there were people tougher than me. At the time I use to like to think I was tough. Toughness is defined as the ability to deal with hardship or to cope in difficult situations. I did not cope well to the situation back in those days. The drugs were not helping. 

I suppose anyone who gets caught or killed didn't cope well. 

Even if those lucky ones who think they got away with it, they will have to answer to Waheguru. 

Perhaps I will too. I must try harder to make it right. 

I'm currently helping young teens. Bringing awareness about drugs and using my life as a living example. 

I've tried to help a few. Usually the older siblings or families invite me to their house to speak with them. Some of them talk to me on the regular. Just about sports or anything else. Some I go to the gym with or play ball with. Trying to be a friend and stay close so they don't get stuck in the bad sangat. 

I'm open to helping older people too but right now its only the parents who are reaching out.

Trying to make it right and hope others don't make the same mistake I did. 

Trying not to sound selfish...

But sometimes I feel like this helps me redeem myself. A road to redemption. 

Anyways thanks for messaging 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ke fateh

4 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Interesting story, but why do you think you are a Gursikh? Taking amrit doesn't magically turn you into a Gursikh.

I guess we were misinformed by our panj pyaarr at our amrit sanchaar. Thanks for your input though. Some would not agree with your opinion. Some might. But its just that, your opinion . And I'm glad your here to share it with us. 

According to Bhai jagraj singh  anyone who gives there head and takes amrit is now guru da sikh. (A gursikh). He once said, "if your not gurus sikh then who's sikh are you?"

Something to think about perhaps

And I'm glad you found my journey interesting. I didn't mean to share it as a story. Just what I'm going thru. 

And in order to tell the sangat about my current situation its best they know my past. 

Thank you for your message. 

I appreciate your time. 

Good night 

2 minutes ago, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

I guess we were misinformed by our panj pyaarr at our amrit sanchaar. Thanks for input 

According to bhai jagraj singh anyone who gives there head and takes amrit is now guru da sikh. (A gursikh). He once said, "if your not gurus sikh then who's sikh are you?"

Something to think about perhaps

And I'm glad you found my journey interesting. I didn't mean to share it as a story. Just what I'm going thru. 

And in order to tell the sangat about my current situation its best they know my past. 

Thank you for your message. 

I appreciate your time. 

Good night 

So you take amrit and you are on Baba Deep Singhs level, ohh btw a true Gursikh doesn't refer to themselves as  a Gursikh because at that point your ego has totally gone.

Also it is said 1 in a million is a Gursikh, seems to me there are a lot of Gursikhs around these days.

15 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

So you take amrit and you are on Baba Deep Singhs level, ohh btw a true Gursikh doesn't refer to themselves as  a Gursikh because at that point your ego has totally gone.

Also it is said 1 in a million is a Gursikh, seems to me there are a lot of Gursikhs around these days.

An Amritdhari is a Sikh who has taken Amrit and is initiated into the Khalsa. A GurSikh is a Sikh of the Guru, and is all ways Amritdhari. All GurSikhs are Amritdhari, but not all Amritdhari are GurSikh, because some "Amritdhari" Sikhs might have taken Amrit but don't follow it. All Sikhs should constantly strive to take Amrit and become true Sikhs of the Guru.

The terms Gursikh and Amritdhari are usually used to refer to the same thing and can be interchangeable.

I was a gursikh when I followed it. I fell off for a bit...remained Amritdhari and now am currently on my way to be a Gursikh again. 

Baba deep singh ji is much more than a Gursikh he is a Maha purak 

You need to get your definition straight brother. 

"If your not Guru da sikh (gursikh), then who sikh are you? " 

I came here for support. And I got that. If you have any words to give your support please do so. 

BTW its not ego. Im grateful ... I repeatedly said I was low. Anyone with ego wouldn't say that. 

Please....

I do not want to comment on other things 

This is a topic for another thread my brother 

43 minutes ago, Singhkhalsa19842020 said:

An Amritdhari is a Sikh who has taken Amrit and is initiated into the Khalsa. A GurSikh is a Sikh of the Guru, and is all ways Amritdhari. All GurSikhs are Amritdhari, but not all Amritdhari are GurSikh, because some "Amritdhari" Sikhs might have taken Amrit but don't follow it. All Sikhs should constantly strive to take Amrit and become true Sikhs of the Guru....

Fair enough,  but 'Gursikh' is used way too much these days