‘Religious differences’ spark large fight at Sikh temple, police say

KingJohal

There was a fight in Renton Wa at the local Gurdwara. No idea what this is over, was hoping maybe someone had insight as to what is going on over there? Its apparently due to "religious difference going on within our community" and started a few weeks ago when there was another fight at Gurdwara in Kent.. Could it be related to that wedding that took place in California? 

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/police-firefighters-respond-possible-assault-sikh-temple/6YMCWNFHSREE7GMH5PMO7YRRIQ/ 

2 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Nah.

We need our ppl to be better. And to choose better leaders.

Cuz any institution and type of government can be corrupted in the hands of selfish ppl.

We had masands. Knowledgeable scholars who spent whole life and for generations serving gurudware.

That failed.  So then we had SGPC. which we fought to create and give shaheedian for. And now we hate it.

We had akaali party. Same thing. 

Now taksaals going that route. Ppl r starting to hate it. 

I mean even a parchaar and education movement got corrupted. The missionaries.

In kulyug.everything gets rotten and corrupt. Theres no fool proof. Only thing we can do is be vigilant that our institutions arent going downhill. Instead of scraping them n restarting

I agree. I just dont understand how people think you'll get rid of committees and somehow chose the perfect Panj who will not be corrupt. Why can we chose the perfect Panj but totally f**k up come gurdwara election time? 

22 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon2 said:

I agree. I just dont understand how people think you'll get rid of committees and somehow chose the perfect Panj who will not be corrupt. Why can we chose the perfect Panj but totally f**k up come gurdwara election time? 

Selection vs election. Voting where everyone has a vote and easily be manipulated by bribes, bussing in ur relatives and friends to vote. 

While the panj are selected. 

But if we implement selection in gurudwara committees that will also create problems. Ppl will nominate figureheads or weaklungs they can control. Factions will again develop backing up different candidates.

The thing is being one of the panj isnt really desired. No power no benefits. Masa labde amrit sinchaar laye.

While committe chair is desired. So even selection process will get corrupted.

Only way to fix it, is to join in and fight. But bhai jagraj singh of basics of sikhi tried with Tera Panth Vesai party. And it was a failure due to dirty politics. The opposite party i think sher or was it baaj printed horrible allegations on the female members. And most of the youth dropped out of the party, couldnt handle it.

So good people have to stand up but it requires too much effort. So the selfish ppl keep standing in elections as they have skin in the game and are willing to fight tooth and nail for it.

Like they say, the only way evil can win is if good ppl do nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Selection vs election. Voting where everyone has a vote and easily be manipulated by bribes, bussing in ur relatives and friends to vote. 

While the panj are selected. 

But if we implement selection in gurudwara committees that will also create problems. Ppl will nominate figureheads or weaklungs they can control. Factions will again develop backing up different candidates.

The thing is being one of the panj isnt really desired. No power no benefits. Masa labde amrit sinchaar laye.

While committe chair is desired. So even selection process will get corrupted.

Only way to fix it, is to join in and fight. But bhai jagraj singh of basics of sikhi tried with Tera Panth Vesai party. And it was a failure due to dirty politics. The opposite party i think sher or was it baaj printed horrible allegations on the female members. And most of the youth dropped out of the party, couldnt handle it.

So good people have to stand up but it requires too much effort. So the selfish ppl keep standing in elections as they have skin in the game and are willing to fight tooth and nail for it.

Like they say, the only way evil can win is if good ppl do nothing. 

What are your thoughts on a representative system where say seven families, whatever number turns out to be useful, all select one representative, then those representatives either select another smaller tier of representatives or the Panj Pyare? 

What if each Panj Pyare selected a representative, that could be changed, to meet with other representatives from other Gurudwara and the Panj Pyare of Akal Takht was selected this way?

Whether or not an individual Gurudwara wanted to respect the representation if the Sangat simply did this outside of the Gurudwara structure they could come to consensus about things and approach the existing committee unified. 

In similar fashion, if Akal Takht did not want to respect the representation of a global Gurudwara network of representatives, then the Sangat could approach Akal Takht in a unified manner.