‘Religious differences’ spark large fight at Sikh temple, police say

KingJohal

22 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

What are your thoughts on a representative system where say seven families, whatever number turns out to be useful, all select one representative, then those representatives either select another smaller tier of representatives or the Panj Pyare? 

What if each Panj Pyare selected a representative, that could be changed, to meet with other representatives from other Gurudwara and the Panj Pyare of Akal Takht was selected this way?

Whether or not an individual Gurudwara wanted to respect the representation if the Sangat simply did this outside of the Gurudwara structure they could come to consensus about things and approach the existing committee unified. 

In similar fashion, if Akal Takht did not want to respect the representation of a global Gurudwara network of representatives, then the Sangat could approach Akal Takht in a unified manner. 

This is a good idea.

Ive thought of something similar. 

Sangat is divided by area and jatha/affiliations.

So the akj in toronto get 5 representatives as do taksalis, nihangs, nanksariye, missionary, and 1 miscellaneous in toronto. And akj, taksali etc in BC will have their own 5 representatives. 

So to make decisions for toronto, each group will choose 1 of their panj(the jathedaar) to make the city wide panj. As they will be from different jathas, but each jatha has representation, what ever they decide applies to every jatha. 

And then the state or province panj will be made when the ecity panj each choose one from within them to be jathedaar and represent them in state council. The fact that the different sects have to choose someone they all agree will represent them will hopefully make them chose the best character, honest, kamaii wale persons. And every jatha will sent their best as they would want their representative to be chosen as the jathedaar.  

Similarily nationally, all the states have to choose the best 5 to send to national council. 

And the national council will choose the best 5 to send to the international council.

I dont know if that makes sense 

On 10/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Nah.

We need our ppl to be better. And to choose better leaders.

Cuz any institution and type of government can be corrupted in the hands of selfish ppl.

We had masands. Knowledgeable scholars who spent whole life and for generations serving gurudware.

That failed.  So then we had SGPC. which we fought to create and give shaheedian for. And now we hate it.

We had akaali party. Same thing. 

Now taksaals going that route. Ppl r starting to hate it. 

I mean even a parchaar and education movement got corrupted. The missionaries.

In kulyug.everything gets rotten and corrupt. Theres no fool proof. Only thing we can do is be vigilant that our institutions arent going downhill. Instead of scraping them n restarting

sgpc was filled with high quality people at the start but very soon those folks were sidelined and the dhongi sikh brigade turned up to rip off golak for GOI and Punjab sarkar to bank roll antisikh outfits  and activities . Used to be you had to be rehitvaan gursikhs to lead jathey and look after gurdwarey but now we just have bhekhi sikhs who have no sharam in ordering meat to eat in sgpc offices in gurdwara complex, the recent raagi protest was because the head granthi was not of calibre to even know raags suitable for what time or even proper maryada of hazoori  raagis and their rights to select gurshabads they will perform . the problem is letting lesser sikhs masquerade as experts in all spheres of sikhi life. parchaariks and satkar committees should be formed and armed with full skillsets .

18 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

sgpc was filled with high quality people at the start but very soon those folks were sidelined and the dhongi sikh brigade turned up to rip off golak for GOI and Punjab sarkar to bank roll antisikh outfits  and activities . Used to be you had to be rehitvaan gursikhs to lead jathey and look after gurdwarey but now we just have bhekhi sikhs who have no sharam in ordering meat to eat in sgpc offices in gurdwara complex, the recent raagi protest was because the head granthi was not of calibre to even know raags suitable for what time or even proper maryada of hazoori  raagis and their rights to select gurshabads they will perform . the problem is letting lesser sikhs masquerade as experts in all spheres of sikhi life. parchaariks and satkar committees should be formed and armed with full skillsets .

Until the satkar committee also filled with 'lesser sikhs' and gets corrupted

8 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Used to be you had to be rehitvaan gursikhs to lead jathey and look after gurdwarey but now we just have bhekhi sikhs who have no sharam in ordering meat to eat in sgpc offices in gurdwara complex, 

I mean before SGPC, the Akali Nihangs used to do jhatka in front of Akal Takht/Bunga (admin please don't get annoyed just stating history!!!). But I guess in a way ordering meat in is still kind of shameless since it isn't parshad like jhatka!

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I mean before SGPC, the Akali Nihangs used to do jhatka in front of Akal Takht/Bunga (admin please don't get annoyed just stating history!!!). But I guess in a way ordering meat in is still kind of shameless since it isn't parshad like jhatka!

even nihangs don't eat maas in presence of guru ji 's darbar they eat in seperate location. these SGPC fools eat it within parikarama offices /rooms

I ain't going to lie, when I saw the video it just looked a typical tipsy squabble between two groups of pendus like you often see outside a pub.

If these apnay have issues like these, they should deal with them like kids at school did when I was growing up and agree to meet somewhere quiet (i.e. a backstreet) and do this. Not in the Gurdwara car park.

But as they say in Panjabi: Kootay de poonch kadhay nahin siddhi hondhee. 

I just think this is normal pendu behaviour. I mean they didn't seem to really get into it and start really hurting each other.