DASTAAR

ManpreetKaurr

2 minutes ago, Kaurr said:

The first time I ties a dastaar I was 4 years old. It was when I did this sakhi/katha at gurdwara sahib. Then I started wearing dastaar more constantly around the age of 5. Up until I was 13 my mum used to tie it for me but now I do it myself. I used to do the final part myself but then I started doing it all myself my own style. I used to try to tie it at home when I was 8-10 years old but never really got it until I was 13. It got better after time. I took pics when I first started tying my own dastar and compared it to now, there's a difference. You'll get it eventually.

Thank you phena ji. Even one message from the sangat actually made me so relieved. Your message gave me so much of hope. Whenever I'm down, ill definitely re read all the sangat messages and keep my chin up. 

2 hours ago, AmanSingh7 said:

omg u sound exactly like me from 2017/2018. I could not for the life of me tie a dastar despite trying soo much for a YEAR (on top of uni lol). But when we try try try and do ardaas to Guru sahib jee that we have no power, its all your grace, then Gurujee will be kushi and bless us to wear his crown.

ਅਬ ਹਮ ਚਲੀ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਪਹਿ ਹਾਰਿ ॥
ab ham chalee ttaakur peh haar ||
Now, I have come, exhausted, to my Lord and Master.

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਸਰਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
jab ham saran prabhoo kee aaiee raakh prabhoo bhaavai maar ||1|| rahaau ||
Now that I have come seeking Your Sanctuary, God, please, either save me, or kill me. ||1||Pause||

Dont give up or feel sad, just keep trying. U will get there in the end. It used to take me like half an hour to tie a dastar. Now around 5mins max.

Thank you for your support, I believe through the sangat guru maharaj actually answers my questions and doubts. 

I actually learned a pangti today, 

ਚਰਨ ਸਰਨਿ ਗੁਰ ਏਕ ਪੈਡਾ ਜਾਇ ਚਲ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੋਟਿ ਪੈਡਾਂ ਆਗੇ ਹੋਇ ਲੇਤ ਹੈ ।।

A disciple who walks one step towards the guru to take his refuge and goes to him with devotion and humility, Guru advances to receive him by taking million steps. 

This paapi learn alot from supportive sangat like you, thank you so much ✨?