THOUGHTS

ManpreetKaurr

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. I'm really a paapi but I need the sangat opinion on this. As Maharaj does his kirpa upon alll, I find myself start to prefer hearing gurbani or keertan rather than songs and watching movies. I would always want to listen to parchaar, listen to anything that is sikhi related. I would always walk away if my family is watching a dance show, watching a movie. I really am a paapi but this is me. I like this version of myself that is always in the ang sang Waheguru. I do listen to songs and people dancing but as days comes it's getting lesser. 

Here comes my question. As me and my family was seeing a Hindi show, a celebrity walked in. She was wearing very revealing clothes. Upon seeing that, I straight away told my sister, I don't like her. My sister said to me back, doesnt mean the person is not like you, you should hate her. Doesn't mean she is not your type, you hate her. While writing this now,I realise whatever my sister said is probably Maharaj speaking to me. 

Any advices on how to just not have hatred for people that are not on the path of sikhi. It's maharaj testing me and I need to learn. 

While writing this there are so many mistakes that I have made, please do forgive me sangat.

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Loving your Path doesn't mean you have to hate the Khel it's painted in. That person too walks according to Hukam and has a beautiful ending someday. But of course you're repulsed by the Kaljug behavior you see from where you stand because it's disgusting. Just be thankful you are blessed enough to be repulsed instead of enticed. 

Thank you so much, this is something new that I have learned through the sangat. I will definitely take your advice and learn alot through it. Thank you for replying to this.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:22 PM, ManpreetKaurr said:

Any advices on how to just not have hatred for people that are not on the path of sikhi. It's maharaj testing me and I need to learn. 

While writing this there are so many mistakes that I have made, please do forgive me sangat.

Pen Jee,

hatred is negative, so do not let negativity enter within you, rather feel pity for them and pray unto Him to bless them and bring them on the path of righteousness.

Let us be positive and spread the waves of positive forceful thoughts from within, this brings peace into us, and makes us receptive to His grace.

And for those who prefer to remain donkeys inspite of one´s good wishes or intentions, do not worry yourself, due to their hankar and petiness, they will have to learn by the hard ways of Mother Nature.

Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh
On 10/25/2020 at 7:22 AM, ManpreetKaurr said:

Here comes my question. 

If you have hatred for people that are not into Sikhi than you obviously have no grasp at all about the history and fundamental basics of Sikhi. 

Here's a question for you. Take 2 people:

Person 1 is a white female from Belgium who wears a skirt revealing her legs - just as all the females in her culture have done for centuries - drinks wine now and then with her evening meal - smokes - works in an office - gives money to help poor people in Asia - adopted a poor African child - and risks arrest and a criminal record by actively participating in marches and demonstrations advocating for systemic racism against black people to stop.

Person 2 is a brown Punjaban Kaur who, after attending a katha becomes Amritdhari. She doesn't drink or smoke. Likes to listen to and perform kirtan. She works as a lawyer. Doesn't do any pro-bono work for the poor fighting discrimination or immigration claims but instead works for a big city firm representing the big corporations against the little man. Instead of giving money to the poor she takes money for the poor by claiming back her tax using legal loopholes. Doesn't do anything else for anyone else because she feels she doesn't need to. She feels the fact that she has a dastar and listens to bani in all of her free time she holds the higher ground.

So here's my question : Is Waheguru closer to person 1 or person 2 ?

8 hours ago, brotha said:

Pen Jee,

hatred is negative, so do not let negativity enter within you, rather feel pity for them and pray unto Him to bless them and bring them on the path of righteousness.

Let us be positive and spread the waves of positive forceful thoughts from within, this brings peace into us, and makes us receptive to His grace.

And for those who prefer to remain donkeys inspite of one´s good wishes or intentions, do not worry yourself, due to their hankar and petiness, they will have to learn by the hard ways of Mother Nature.

I'm learning, maharaj kirpa karan. I will definitely refrain myself from having negativity towards anyone. Thank you for your advice dear sangat.

10 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

If you have hatred for people that are not into Sikhi than you obviously have no grasp at all about the history and fundamental basics of Sikhi. 

Here's a question for you. Take 2 people:

Person 1 is a white female from Belgium who wears a skirt revealing her legs - just as all the females in her culture have done for centuries - drinks wine now and then with her evening meal - smokes - works in an office - gives money to help poor people in Asia - adopted a poor African child - and risks arrest and a criminal record by actively participating in marches and demonstrations advocating for systemic racism against black people to stop.

Person 2 is a brown Punjaban Kaur who, after attending a katha becomes Amritdhari. She doesn't drink or smoke. Likes to listen to and perform kirtan. She works as a lawyer. Doesn't do any pro-bono work for the poor fighting discrimination or immigration claims but instead works for a big city firm representing the big corporations against the little man. Instead of giving money to the poor she takes money for the poor by claiming back her tax using legal loopholes. Doesn't do anything else for anyone else because she feels she doesn't need to. She feels the fact that she has a dastar and listens to bani in all of her free time she holds the higher ground.

I don't think your question is correct. Becoming close to Waheguru is a long path in general, though there are exceptions to this. Both person 1 and person 2 are on different paths. I do see your point about looks being deceiving though. 

To the OP, generally I'm just another wannabe Sikh but having a non judgemental stance has helped me greatly. Giani Kulwant Singh jee Ludhiani wale have touched on this characteristic numerous times in their katha. 

3 hours ago, ssinghuk said:

I don't think your question is correct. Becoming close to Waheguru is a long path in general, though there are exceptions to this. Both person 1 and person 2 are on different paths. I do see your point about looks being deceiving though. 

To the OP, generally I'm just another wannabe Sikh but having a non judgemental stance has helped me greatly. Giani Kulwant Singh jee Ludhiani wale have touched on this characteristic numerous times in their katha. 

Sangat has really opened up my eyes to never judge anyone. Now I really feel like a paapi for judging someone. Similarly I am no one to judge maharajs creations, because directly I am judging the creator too. I am never perfect, I can never be. It's just that I really get to learn alot from mistakes I make because paatshah is constantly helping me to grow.  Please forgive me dear sangat, I can never compare myself to blessed souls like all of you.

9 hours ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

Sangat has really opened up my eyes to never judge anyone. Now I really feel like a paapi for judging someone. Similarly I am no one to judge maharajs creations, because directly I am judging the creator too. I am never perfect, I can never be. It's just that I really get to learn alot from mistakes I make because paatshah is constantly helping me to grow.  Please forgive me dear sangat, I can never compare myself to blessed souls like all of you.

Cheer up Kaur jee, no need to condem or torture yourself so much, for nobody either is a saint here, we all are weak and low, good you realized something, now keep going forward towards Waheguru, He is bakshanhaar, provided we do not commit those same mistakes.

23 hours ago, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

Waheguru is closest than anything to all, irrespective of color, caste or creed.

It is only that we people turn away our faces from Him with our haume/ahankaar and thus heavily incurr in bad karmas, but if referred to Him, He is within everybody with same love and mercy for all, waiting for us to knock at His door, in order to bless us with His true love and bakshish.