Jump to content

why many hindu sects don't eat onion and garlic?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

I do eat onion and garlic and it doesn't affect my simran.

 

because many of them believe there are insects underground, and potato, onion, garlic are grown underground are for those insects. I dont believe in this cr*p but yeah. they do 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

I do eat onion and garlic and it doesn't affect my simran.

why Hindus teach not to eat onion and garlic?

I think they are considered tamogunic foods (or overstimulating?) as per Ayurveda. Actually I've heard some Taksaali gianis don't do onion and lassan turkhaa as well.  

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think they are considered tamogunic foods (or overstimulating?) as per Ayurveda. Actually I've heard some Taksaali gianis don't do onion and lassan turkhaa as well.  

present day taksalis r influenced by nirmalas.

nihangs hv no problem with onion and garlic.

they avoid laal(red) mirch though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember eating parshada at a sarbloh bibeki singhs house. The daal was very plain and there was really no turka, no mirch and not that much salt. Even though it was unique to me, it tasted so good! He was reciting bani while making it and the funny thing is when i went home after eating his parshada I was really in the mood to do simran. So I did some after sodar and read more bani than usual.

Another sarblohi told me that mirch, gatta etc raises tamo gun. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

I remember eating parshada at a sarbloh bibeki singhs house. The daal was very plain and there was really no turka, no mirch and not that much salt. Even though it was unique to me, it tasted so good! He was reciting bani while making it and the funny thing is when i went home after eating his parshada I was really in the mood to do simran. So I did some after sodar and read more bani than usual.

Another sarblohi told me that mirch, gatta etc raises tamo gun. 

 

 

didn't baba budhaa ji crush an onion while blessing Mata Ganga ji.

He must have been using onion in his food then.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

didn't baba budhaa ji crush an onion while blessing Mata Ganga ji.

He must have been using onion in his food then.

Hanji, but both these singhs still used onions etc in their bhojan, but only very little amounts of it. It’s not like they don’t eat it at all, they just take into account that it raises tamogun so will not add large quantities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Hanji, but both these singhs still used onions etc in their bhojan, but only very little amounts of it. It’s not like they don’t eat it at all, they just take into account that it raises tamogun so will not add large quantities. 

do these Singhs use laal mirch?

bibeki nihangs don't use laal mirch at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Now we hv synthetic insulin available but still in many parts of the world, insulin made from pancreas of pig or cow is used. In the past that was the only insulin available. Did vegetarian severe diabetic Sikhs broke their amrit by taking insulin?
    • Thats silly panthic accounts should be focused on on panthic events.
    • Qutab minar, the minar that Muslims said the call to prayer from, surrounded by ruins of demolished Indian temples.    This Jain pillar survived though as it apparently weights tons! so they couldn't pull it out.  
    • Did you guys seen on Vaisakhi, apne all over social media were sharing posts about it being Vaisakhi, Raman dam, and Navratri, on same day and how beautiful unity it is and rainbows and sunshine...yet NO other communities from Hindus to Muslim were posting about it ...only expect from our lot
    • I'm sure the Muslim call to prayer has a religious purpose, but in India it was basically a proclamation of Islamic superiority. The Sikh Misals were quite harsh towards Muslims especially the Bhangis, they had the Muslim call to prayer banned, as in those days it was a symbol of Muslim superiority over Indian kafirs.  The perfect example is the Qutab Minar complex in Delhi. I've been there and its a large complex of destroyed Hindu and Jain temples. Just ruins of pillars, arches, walls, statues. Right in the center is the Qutab Minar, tallest brick building in the world, where the qazi screamed the call to prayer from. The minar is made out of the destroyed Hindu and Jain temples scattered around it. Destroying the temples of the indigenous people and building an Islamic structure right in the center, tallest brick building in the world, where they scream their prayer from, it was a symbolic way of telling the kafirs who the boss is.  Right on top of the minar was a crown like structure. If I remember the information on the tourist boards correctly, when the British invaded Delhi they decided to remove the crown like structure from the minar, symbolising that they are the new power in Delhi, not their Muslim predecessors.  Its the reason why the Sikh mislas banned it in Lahore.  Sikhs today have forgotten that...    In fact today Sikhs themselves are helping Christians and Muslims build Churches and Mosques in the villages, where only the Gurdwara/Guru Granth Sahib ji should have religious authority.   
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use