Are women impure?

Guest Istree

On 10/31/2020 at 12:23 AM, brotha said:

I would say yes they are more dominant in men.

Let us take for example "kaam", when will you see that women can commit gang rapes or just rapes as men do...

Then going to krodh, men can just kill for nothing...

But maybe in hankar, lobh and moh, the situation seems equal...

But then too, I do defend women from unjustice, and the violence they suffer at the hands of "males", for no apparent other reasons than that of being a woman in all societies, but much evident in the muslim dominant population.

This is a crude reality of life, so many women everyday suffer at the hands of, not men, but beast males.

It is also true, women can be the worst enemies of women in spite of all the feminist movements to defend their human rights.

Hi, I agree to an extent. But women can have deep dark thoughts that they don’t share with the world also. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the movie the purge. Sometimes humans wish to commit awful deeds deep down, but don’t because society says it’s wrong, not because they don’t want to. That’s why it’s important to quiet the mind. 

Yes, a huge number of women still suffer abuse at the hands of men, it’s unbelievable in a world that claims to safeguard its citizens, and to propagate human rights. Patriarchal societies are still as rampant as ever, and many women still treated as subhumans. Very sad. In the Muslim population, yes, and also amongst Indians, and many other cultures. 

On 10/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, Guest Istree said:

I have heard from many SINGHS that women should not do Langar Sewa during periods, they should not go at Shaheedi asthans during this time of the month. Many more things like women are a vastu just to do bhog and they are impure as they go through monthly menstrual cycle.

What is the real Khalsa Maryada for women ? Are women degraded by our Gurus ?

the concept of vastu is highly linked with brahamical thoughts on sutak , pollution etc  i.e. Vahim  which Guru ji destroyed our link to . This is such a stupid idea so you telling me that in every year in their household they will cook in the rasoi of the home for 84 days as their wives are too impure to make langar for her family (remember gurmat rehit is we should do paat whilst making  and ardas and bhet to Guru ji before giving family ). In Asa di vaar Guru Nanak Dev ji shreds this idea of sutak (period pollution) as he says if we believed in sutak then the whole sansar would have sutak on them not just women .  This is a natural automatic  kriya /function of our anatomy given by Akal Purakh without which we would not be healthy (during child bearing years),  or  able to produce future generations . It should never be a basis on which to interfere with Her spiritual life or sewa . You can go any Gurdwara anytime because Guru ji is everywhere where is there a place you could go to not  be in his 'house' besides Waheguru ji doesn't abandon us because we humans are dirty , wretched or sinful  so why would He for such a reason as menses?

7 hours ago, justasking said:

women need to be controlled and need the rules laid down on them or they will go uncontrollable seen too many singhs n punjabi uncles lettin there wives go round dolled up u no men stare maybe they like it looooollll

they are only dolled up because that is what their husbands selected them for how they looked , it is a bit funny they now complain of the same  things when that is why they got hooked. When you have the wrong idea on how to select a life partner then don't blame anyone else but yourself for being shallow .  Women need true gurmat sikhiya then their futures will be run on gurmat basis and home life will be a sanctuary from kalyug for everyone  .

5 hours ago, brotha said:

Bro,

I do like your posts, which usually are well expressed and denote a brilliant mind.

But today you have not reached to your usual high level.

it is true, we all need to grow constantly, and that includes you yourself.

You must bear in mind, not all are at same mental levels, neither can you do something to accelerate that growth to which you refer, hardlly can anyone physically grow "fast", so what to say to about the mental level.

You can try hard to nail someone on the head with a hammer and pour in what you want them to think in that way, even then, you can not force such things on someone.

So grow up yourself also, and accept the facts of life, that things do not always work per one´s wishes, least in this sense.

If you have something in mind, expound it, share your opinions, for nobody is a mind reader, and leave it, give time to be digested, so do not just say grow fast  without showing your cards, for that is not being fair nor intelligent.

Time is of the essence, bro. We can't labour under these woolly, poorly understood misappropriations of reality. Resorting to the "objective vs subjective" argument is putting mankind at a disadvantage. It's ensuring we twiddle our thumbs as things burn around us.

But I understand your point. Standing still, mentally, is not an approach I endorse. Sometimes it leads down blind alleys, but even the resulting journey -- even if the destination wasn't as intended -- is one where an unexpected lesson or two is obtained.

6 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Time is of the essence, bro. We can't labour under these woolly, poorly understood misappropriations of reality. Resorting to the "objective vs subjective" argument is putting mankind at a disadvantage. It's ensuring we twiddle our thumbs as things burn around us.

But I understand your point. Standing still, mentally, is not an approach I endorse. Sometimes it leads down blind alleys, but even the resulting journey -- even if the destination wasn't as intended -- is one where an unexpected lesson or two is obtained.

This is the type of answers which should be given.

Though not all agreeable, but very much respectable, keep it up Bro, it is for this I enjoy your posts.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:35 AM, jkvlondon said:

the concept of vastu is highly linked with brahamical thoughts on sutak , pollution etc  i.e. Vahim  which Guru ji destroyed our link to . This is such a stupid idea so you telling me that in every year in their household they will cook in the rasoi of the home for 84 days as their wives are too impure to make langar for her family (remember gurmat rehit is we should do paat whilst making  and ardas and bhet to Guru ji before giving family ). In Asa di vaar Guru Nanak Dev ji shreds this idea of sutak (period pollution) as he says if we believed in sutak then the whole sansar would have sutak on them not just women .  This is a natural automatic  kriya /function of our anatomy given by Akal Purakh without which we would not be healthy (during child bearing years),  or  able to produce future generations . It should never be a basis on which to interfere with Her spiritual life or sewa . You can go any Gurdwara anytime because Guru ji is everywhere where is there a place you could go to not  be in his 'house' besides Waheguru ji doesn't abandon us because we humans are dirty , wretched or sinful  so why would He for such a reason as menses?

Beautiful Reply... Well done ?