Are women impure?

Guest Istree

I have heard from many SINGHS that women should not do Langar Sewa during periods, they should not go at Shaheedi asthans during this time of the month. Many more things like women are a vastu just to do bhog and they are impure as they go through monthly menstrual cycle.

What is the real Khalsa Maryada for women ? Are women degraded by our Gurus ?

2 hours ago, brotha said:

What impurity are we talking about?

The menstrual periods are something natural and cyclical in women.

It is deep ignorance if they are blamed for it.

Gurbani says that if a cloth is tainted with urine or mal mootar it can be washed with water and soap, but if it is the paaps/sins, mental impurities, vikaars, this can be only washed with the water of devotion and the soap of Nam, and it is here where women and men are equal in this aspect, but then it is men by large who are mentally sick in comparison with women, for the 5 vikaars are more active and dominant in men.

It is this sick mental state, what is seen as impure in the eyes of the Lord/God.

Let's stop criticising and blaming women just for the sake of ignorance.

Of course women have their minus points as being human beings which they can not avoid, but in general we men are worse than them.

What a big deal if they have their periods, it was in olden times when they couldn't go out or anything while having them, today the science has advanced so much, that they can even do sports, or any other activity without anybody noticing it, so please for god's sake, let us not worsen things more than what they already are, it is already a difficult job being a woman in many spheres of the so called "society" which is manipulative and unjust many a times.

Good post.

The vikaars are not more active and dominant in men. It’s Kalyug, these thieves are rampant In many humans regardless of gender. 

10 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

No, they aren't impure just for being women. 

Equally flawed in very different ways. 

Bro, I said we are worse than them, because see how most of the bad deeds are comited by men, like wars, invading other countries, rapists, fights and so many other things, which you will never see a woman do by large and far....so let us widen our horizons and see the picture as whole.

Though I have also said, that they being women have some specific particularities, but these have nothing to do with the title of this thread.

15 minutes ago, Sat1 said:

Good post.

The vikaars are not more active and dominant in men. It’s Kalyug, these thieves are rampant In many humans regardless of gender. 

I would say yes they are more dominant in men.

Let us take for example "kaam", when will you see that women can commit gang rapes or just rapes as men do...

Then going to krodh, men can just kill for nothing...

But maybe in hankar, lobh and moh, the situation seems equal...

But then too, I do defend women from unjustice, and the violence they suffer at the hands of "males", for no apparent other reasons than that of being a woman in all societies, but much evident in the muslim dominant population.

This is a crude reality of life, so many women everyday suffer at the hands of, not men, but beast males.

It is also true, women can be the worst enemies of women in spite of all the feminist movements to defend their human rights.

12 hours ago, brotha said:

Bro, I said we are worse than them, because see how most of the bad deeds are comited by men, like wars, invading other countries, rapists, fights and so many other things, which you will never see a woman do by large and far....so let us widen our horizons and see the picture as whole.

Though I have also said, that they being women have some specific particularities, but these have nothing to do with the title of this thread.

If you're in your teens, I appreciate your perspective. If, however, you're in your 20s or 30s and that's the sum of your conclusions on gender and power throughout human history, then you need to do some growing up fast.