Hukam vs Not-Hukam

9 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Acceptance aside, how would I know to challenge something that has passed into Not-Hukam?

For example, I'm walking past a well. A little kiddy falls in. I can say, "The child falling in is part of Hukam. It's not my business to intercede," which is difficult to refute.

Objectively, and unbeknownst to me, it IS Hukam for that child to die from the fall in the well, but I manage to get him out, thus transgressing Hukam.

Would I be punished in the afterlife for defying Hukam? Or by helping the child out of the well, has the earlier Hukam evolved into another form of equally valid Hukam that's rolled with the punches thrown up by the unpredictability of life? So, even my actions, as unforeseen as they may be, are now part of Hukam?

If so, how can a normal human being ever hope to stay on the correct and acceptable side of something so fluid?

If it was hukam, u could not prevent it even if u tried. 

Hukam is not so easily changed. 

For us normal beings, we r in hukam, there is no way to circumnavigate it. Except for suicide. But as that becomes our karma, its still part of hukam? Our instincts, fears, desires, level of intellect is all predetermined. So how can we make a decision outside of hukam?

So many times, we forget things, take the wrong route, press the wrong pedal accidently, woke up late and missed the accident on the freeway etc Its hukam leading us to our karma. Our control is so fragile. 

Only those with superpowers that can raise the dead, heal ppl. They have the ability to change hukam. They are usually cautioned not to interfere.

There r multiple stories illustrating this. A sikh gained the ability to heal ppl by passing a green light thru his hands. So he became famous for it. But in the end, he lost that ability and suffered a horrible death. 

Also a sant raised his dead father i think it was, he was fine for a couple of dies, but then his body started to rot while he was still alive. And then the sant and everyone was praying to please end his life.

Theres alot of different views above and to some extent everyones got a valid point.

I do believe good or bad, it is all his hukam, however we still have a choice to act righteously or conciously.

What i struggle with is when people who do wrong or hurt someone and say 'oh its hukam, chalo accept it'  instead of being accountable for their actions or fixing thing. Whilst yes its hukam, the karma created is also part of that hukam. 

Its really complex and maybe we cant really pin point it down to a single phrase or view point. Maybe our limited intellect and ego cant really comprehend it.

In the end this tuk comes to mind....

ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਕਹਿਆ ਜਾਈ ॥
Hukam N Kehiaa Jaaee ||

His Command cannot be described.

13 hours ago, AcceptWill201 said:

Theres alot of different views above and to some extent everyones got a valid point.

I do believe good or bad, it is all his hukam, however we still have a choice to act righteously or conciously.

What i struggle with is when people who do wrong or hurt someone and say 'oh its hukam, chalo accept it'  instead of being accountable for their actions or fixing thing. Whilst yes its hukam, the karma created is also part of that hukam. 

Its really complex and maybe we cant really pin point it down to a single phrase or view point. Maybe our limited intellect and ego cant really comprehend it.

In the end this tuk comes to mind....

ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਕਹਿਆ ਜਾਈ ॥
Hukam N Kehiaa Jaaee ||

His Command cannot be described.

This is a deep-rooted mentality in certain Indic cultures that irks me quite a lot. It's an abnegation of responsibility and a lack of desire to respond rooted in fear and ignorance. It probably goes some way to explain why these people and lands were conquered and subjugated repeatedly throughout the centuries ("Oh well, it's God's Hukam that I'm being pillaged, raped, and butchered. So be it"). That's so wrong.