Love with Dogs and Birds

kaur

On 11/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, AcceptWill201 said:

Penji,

sounds like the underying issue is how mother in law feels about animals, seems like has some fixed view point and feels uncomfortable and challenged with your alternative view point.

Love for animals, nature and gods creation isnt bad. They are more content, living naturally and in His Hukam. Amazing.

I appreciate your reply sangat ji..

I used to explain that I love nature.. Birds, animals and plants are the part of that nature... but they didn't accept it as a logical reply..

It seems they have pity for me because I am unable to get  to their level to understand their perspective.. I got that msg indirectly several times to the point that I actually started having doubts about my values...

I understand if I get too attached to nature, animals, etc.. then it is like maya..but I am not doing that 24/7..lol.. I simply appreciate it and enjoy my time more when I am playing with dog.. watching birds and plants...

I just wanted to make it clear with Sangat's feedback that is this really wrong or normal.... because I have many flaws and trying to improve myself slowly.. and  don't want to add more flaws..

Thank you for your reply..

On 11/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, MisterrSingh said:

A hyena probably would. Have you seen The Lion King? Very untrustworthy IMO. ?

Hmm.. how does that answer my question veer ji? I am happy with a dog and birds around... lol.. Sat Sri Akal to Hyena from miles away...hahaha

1 hour ago, kaur said:

Hmm.. how does that answer my question veer ji? I am happy with a dog and birds around... lol.. Sat Sri Akal to Hyena from miles away...hahaha

@Koi made a statement that piqued my interest to which I responded in a humourous manner (i think). I don't think every reply in this thread needs to be channelled through your particular experience.

16 hours ago, imhosingh said:

What's the difference between us and animals and plants? Humans are the only animals that can time travel (be here in the present (rarely) or lost in thoughts of the past or future). Animals / plants only recognise the present moment (which is what sikhi and most other faiths aim for). When you connect with nature you are in the present moment like what you are observing..and hence closer to God. Eckhart tolle explains it really well in the book 'a new earth'

That is so true...Humans are living mostly in past or future.. Nature brings us back to Present :)

Having had pets... Notice how the animal gives you complete attention in the moment, for them it is natural . When humans do that too, you remember it (babies are good at it )..but when humans are interacting with you and their mind is on something else or have other intentions behind the interaction ...there is no connection. Bhai Satpal Singh of Nanak Naam puts it well in his videos, that when you are in the 'present' interacting with someone/something else that is also in the 'present' ..it is like God is talking to God...so you experience God 

21 hours ago, imhosingh said:

Having had pets... Notice how the animal gives you complete attention in the moment, for them it is natural . When humans do that too, you remember it (babies are good at it )..but when humans are interacting with you and their mind is on something else or have other intentions behind the interaction ...there is no connection. Bhai Satpal Singh of Nanak Naam puts it well in his videos, that when you are in the 'present' interacting with someone/something else that is also in the 'present' ..it is like God is talking to God...so you experience God 

Well said paaji.. Being in the present is like talking with GOD... Praising GOD :)

I really like your point about humans interaction with no attention or other intention.. It is true, we don't feel the connection then...

This trap of future and Past is never ending..  Once we are living in this very moment, we find peace.. I learn so much from Bhai Satpal Singh ji's videos.. He is doing an amazing job.. 

I got very helpful answers and my doubts are clear.. I have learned a lot about being present and connecting with Waheguru..

THANKS A LOT SANGAT JI :)