Do Sikhs over celebrate Bandi Chorr Diwas/Diwali?

ChardikalaUK

8 hours ago, Shaheed4life said:

Wow,in my place we don't have a single firework during diwali,vaisakhi or any Gurpurabs.No Nagar kirtan even.We just go to Gurudwara Sahib,hear the kirtan and have langar then we go back home.

Where abouts do you live? Over here in Sikh/Hindu areas fireworks go on till after midnight lol 

They do Diwali events at clubs as well, so Bhangra nights, Desi nights, Bollywood nights etc  where Hindus/Sikhs celebrate Diwali in their own way. 

Back in school kids used to have Diwali parties, the vodka in disposable cups type of party. 

Basically Diwali is like any other drunk Christmas karaoke party. 

I wouldn't be surprised if people send Diwali cards or messages with images of Diwali babes on them lol! Like how you have those cheeky Christmas Cards and messages with girls on them lol, unless it's already happening. 

Nagar Kirtans are the same, everyone goes there to socialize and eat lol when we were in School everyone used to go there to meet up with their gf/bf. Boys also used to organize fights lol! 

The nagar kirtan ended at Ramgharia Gurdwara and there used to be a mela in the park opposite, a lot of the uncles used to drink alcohol near the bushes.

Basically Nagar Kirtans are like Punjabi carnivals.  

33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I wouldn't be surprised if people send Diwali cards or messages with images of Diwali babes on them lol! Like how you have those cheeky Christmas Cards and messages with girls on them lol, unless it's already happening. 

Nagar Kirtans are the same, everyone goes there to socialize and eat lol when we were in School everyone used to go there to meet up with their gf/bf. Boys also used to organize fights lol! 

The nagar kirtan ended at Ramgharia Gurdwara and there used to be a mela in the park opposite, a lot of the uncles used to drink alcohol near the bushes.

Sounds like Ancient Punjab, tbh. ?

What isn't over celebrated these days so that I looks like you have an amazing life on social media? In a way was glad the gurdwara was restricted this year so that it was about going to the gurdwara and having darshan..as opposed to watching people budge each other out of the way to light candles while sucking their faces in while doing vacuous selfies.

12 hours ago, puzzled said:

Where abouts do you live? Over here in Sikh/Hindu areas fireworks go on till after midnight lol 

In southeast Asia ji.Prefer to keep the location gupt.Very few sikhs here.Used to have about 20000 but then many migrated to Canada and australia.So left with about 8000 to 9000 sikhs.

11 hours ago, puzzled said:

We never had a Nagar Kirtan in my country before.I had to go to Malaysia to see one lol.