Why does India have a major rape issue

puzzled

Could it be the media? the movies and music videos in India are very suggestive and sexual, while Indian society is mostly very conservative. Highly sexual music videos in a conservative country surely can create some damage and weird behaviour ? which eventually leads to horrific crime.

25 minutes ago, puzzled said:

But look at the countless saints that once walked the land. Guests were welcomed like God, nature considered sacred, humans and nature had been coexisting peacefully for 1000s of years, daughters were born and people used say Laxshmi has come, doing sewa of your parents etc  

Its all gone now 

I don't know, bro. I think other races and nations have had their fair share of rishiya muniya only they weren't worshipped or viewed as literally as it happened in India.

The great Greek and Chinese philosophers produced ideas and works that were no less in depth and complexity than their Vedic counterparts. The difference is the culture and the customs, and how those personalities were viewed by the wider public (and their subsequent place in history). Even the Christian philosophers of the Middle Ages would be considered to be holy men or saints if they'd been born as Indians.

I don't think India has a monopoly on spiritually attuned individuals. The population, its demeanour, and its habits reflects this. I can't even honestly resort to blaming Kalyug for what's going on. I think the truth is a lot less complex than we're making it to be. 

Maybe we should begin to accept that some races and groups are less whole than others on the physical plane?

26 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Could it be the media? the movies and music videos in India are very suggestive and sexual, while Indian society is mostly very conservative. Highly sexual music videos in a conservative country surely can create some damage and weird behaviour ? which eventually leads to horrific crime.

The degeneracy is even worse in the West in my opinion. 

I think it being a conservative society works against this narrative, because marriage (even at a comparatively young age) is a mainstay in such societies.

They have a socially sanctioned outlet for excising their sexual frustrations whereby they are virtually guaranteed a sexual partner through marriage, yet they still resort to rape, even those with wives and families. What does that say about the souls of these people?

17 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I don't know, bro. I think other races and nations have had their fair share of rishiya muniya only they weren't worshipped or viewed as literally as it happened in India.

The great Greek and Chinese philosophers produced ideas and works that were no less in depth and complexity than their Vedic counterparts. The difference is the culture and the customs, and how those personalities were viewed by the wider public (and their subsequent place in history). Even the Christian philosophers of the Middle Ages would be considered to be holy men or saints if they'd been born as Indians.

I don't think India has a monopoly on spiritually attuned individuals. The population, its demeanour, and its habits reflects this. I can't even honestly resort to blaming Kalyug for what's going on. I think the truth is a lot less complex than we're making it to be. 

Maybe we should begin to accept that some races and groups are less whole than others on the physical plane?

It is a complex issue, do you think after the constant invasions Indian culture never "recovered"  ? 

I also think there is far more crime in North India, especially the Hindi belt than there is in the South. Now Northern Indian culture and Southern are quite different. 

8 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

The degeneracy is even worse in the West in my opinion. 

I think it being a conservative society works against this narrative, because marriage (even at a comparatively young age) is a mainstay in such societies.

They have a socially sanctioned outlet for excising their sexual frustrations whereby they are virtually guaranteed a sexual partner through marriage, yet they still resort to rape, even those with wives and families. What does that say about the souls of these people?

Yeah true it doesn't explain why married men rape as well. The girl that was gangraped and killed in the bus, Delhi, one of the rapists was a married man and his wife on the day of the hanging came running outside the court to address the media that she wants to divorce her husband before he is hanged because she doesn't want to be a widow and face the consequences, just shows you how little option rural women have in that country. 

4 minutes ago, puzzled said:

It is a complex issue, do you think after the constant invasions Indian culture never "recovered"  ? 

I also think there is far more crime in North India, especially the Hindi belt than there is in the South. Now Northern Indian culture and Southern are quite different. 

Very interesting point. I think what you've mentioned definitely contributes to the overall problem. But unless there's such a thing as an actual collective soul consciousness across a population that has the ability to retain memories and traumas to the extent that it compels rape to transpire in a response to centuries-old events, I think we're grasping at straws.

Maybe they're just animalistic souls with low self control?

Idk i think india was once dharamkhand where dharam and bhagti were born. All avtars, rishi,muni, bhagats, sants and guru sahib originated in india. However as ppl began abandoing their dharam they became adharmic. The west always had and have their ideals and beliefs that now even though theyve became more hedonistic they keep those ideals. India has auctioned their dharam for a pseudo west culture.