10000 Janams as a Sikh

Khalsa2012

I was once listening to a katha about when Guru Gobind Singh Ji was with the Brars, and their leader Bhai Dhanna was asked to take Amrit by Maharaj. But Bhai Danna kept on saying i will keep on falling. Maharaj then gave a bhachan that if my Sikh comes of the path, i will give him birth again and again in a Gursikh house for 10k janams. 

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of mukhti through Gursikhi? We're told that one janam as Gursikh is enough to enter the gates of Sachkhand.

What would the Sikh do for all those years when he or she has to work through 10,000 lifetimes (average life expectancy for a male is 69 years; female is 71 years. 69 x 10,000 = 690,000 years / 710,000 years, not withstanding that a soul won't incarnate as one particular sex for the entirety of those years).

Is the caveat "Gursikh house"? That could mean a Sikh incarnates in a household where the parents are Gursikhs (and run their home according to Gursikhi principles), but for one reason or another the offspring doesn't fulfil Gursikh conditions, and therefore isn't eligible for mukhti. That sounds more like a curse! 

Or, imagine a Sikh fulfils their end of the bargain in the 2nd or 3rd lifetime of those 10,000 lifetimes. After death, is the Sikh going to be prevented from becoming one with Waheguru? Like literally banned from mukhti?

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of mukhti through Gursikhi? We're told that one janam as Gursikh is enough to enter the gates of Sachkhand.

What would the Sikh do for all those years when he or she has to work through 10,000 lifetimes (average life expectancy for a male is 69 years; female is 71 years. 69 x 10,000 = 690,000 years / 710,000 years, not withstanding that a soul won't incarnate as one particular sex for the entirety of those years).

Is the caveat "Gursikh house"? That could mean a Sikh incarnates in a household where the parents are Gursikhs (and run their home according to Gursikhi principles), but for one reason or another the offspring doesn't fulfil Gursikh conditions, and therefore isn't eligible for mukhti. That sounds more like a curse! 

Or, imagine a Sikh fulfils their end of the bargain in the 2nd or 3rd lifetime of those 10,000 lifetimes. After death, is the Sikh going to be prevented from becoming one with Waheguru? Like literally banned from mukhti?

The sakhi was that if a Gursikh was to fall of the path of Sikhi, Maharaj would not let them go into narak and will give them birth again in a Gursikh family. Its not about years and time. Maharaj is beyond time. It can 100 years or a 1000000 years. 

9 minutes ago, Khalsa2012 said:

The sakhi was that if a Gursikh was to fall of the path of Sikhi, Maharaj would not let them go into narak and will give them birth again in a Gursikh family. Its not about years and time. Maharaj is beyond time. It can 100 years or a 1000000 years. 

Oh, the original post was hard to understand. You mean if a Gursikh messes up, they'll be given 10,000 further opportunities (lifetimes / chances) to sort themselves out? I understand now. 

10 minutes ago, Khalsa2012 said:

Taking Amrit isnt a ticket to Sachkand. Amrit is the first step. 

That's why I mentioned Gursikh and not Amritdhari.

1 minute ago, Khalsa2012 said:

I think thats where we are slacking in Sikhi these days. We look at Sikhi as rules but not a relationship. 

That's so true, bro. As I said in another thread, we need to make it personal, and not feel like nobody is there at the other end, or that we're too small to matter. We matter to Him.

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's so true, bro. As I said in another thread, we need to make it personal, and not feel like nobody is there at the other end, or that we're too small to matter. We matter to Him.

Maharaj SGGS JI is our living Guru. Maharaj is not different to Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The issue our kaum has is we read SGGS JI for do's and donts. But we fail to realise that just by bowing infront of Maharaj millions of past paaps are washed. 

If we look at 5 year old kid. He can go anywhere and face anything without fear because he has his dad or mum with him. Thats how we need to live. If we have that kind of thinking that Guru Sahib is with us in this world and the next. We cant fear anything. All we need to is keep faith and naam japna. 

Screenshot_20201120-211827_Gallery.thumb.jpg.361f36a7b22a085947746e9044e8bc97.jpg

This is the type of faith we need 

In Khalsa Dharam Shaster Granth, it is written that Guru Gobind Singh said the following:

If a Gursikh deviates from Rehat, and passes away. The Gursikh will be sent again to a Gurmukh family.

This will happen to a maximum of 100 Janams.

The downside of deviating from rehat is that, the next Janam maybe of someone with a severe health problem. In such a case, that person would be denied the ability to deviate. 

The process will continue for 100 Janams, until finally, the Gurmukh begs for Mukti, owing to his miserable existence.

Let’s aim for Mukti in this Janam.

Sant Isher Singh Rara Sahib used to say: the material pleasures are akin to a sesame seed. But the pain and misery that comes hand in hand, with this temporary sukh, it akin to a mountain.

9th Patshahi says: meditate on Waheguru as if your life depends on it. With complete and utter focus. Just as a fish never loses the desire for water...