Sikhi parchar among Hindu Jaats

proactive

2 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Whenever you mention the dreaded J word on this forum the thread just turns volatile. 

It comes back to our inability to see the broader picture as a whole community. We push these internal fueds, whether rooted in jathas or caste, and miss out completely outward growth opportunities.

4 minutes ago, DailyMail said:

Puzzled, please put the violin away, it doesn't suit you. Personally, mention the dreaded J word all you like - but as long as you mention the M word, the R word, the C word, the T word, the A word....you get the drift. For far too long, an inaccurate one-sided narrative has been propagated and its all BS. Primary sources must be consulted.

Meanwhile, lets not forget, why these Jaats ended up in an Indian State called Haryana in the first instance. Ever heard of the Punjabi Suba? In the swinging sixties. Anyway, what was the position of these Jaats on their mother tongue? 

Let's all stop this myopia and engage in constructive, evidence-based debate, not "Jat this, Jat that" as if we're at a 1980's daytime bhangra gig in Hammersmith.  This forum is better than that. 

Not quite sure how you want me to reply to that, what do you want me to say? do you want me to apologize ?    Its all a bit confusing and hilarious at the same

Since when has Punjabi been the mother tongue of Haryanvis, have you even been Haryana and heard what they speak there. 

Really confused what your issue is with this thread?  what is it that upset you? what particular comment upset you?  what was it? 

Not sure which part of India he is from but he was born into a Hindu family and then became a Sikh after watching a movie. Movies are a great way for non Sikhs to be introduced to Sikhi. Movies, music and media have a huge influence over people. So many times you watch a movie with a particular theme which gets you to look into the theme/subject, its the same with religion and movies too.

33 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Not sure which part of India he is from but he was born into a Hindu family and then became a Sikh after watching a movie. Movies are a great way for non Sikhs to be introduced to Sikhi. Movies, music and media have a huge influence over people. So many times you watch a movie with a particular theme which gets you to look into the theme/subject, its the same with religion and movies too.

Most comments from other hindus are congratulatory under that video with many even expressing a desire to become Sikh themselves.Not surprising though since many indians still hold a very positive view of Guru Sahibaan and sikhi.

1 minute ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Most comments from other hindus are congratulatory under that video. Not surprising though since many indians still hold a very positive view of Guru Sahibaan and sikhi.

Yeah, Sikh movies like Chaar Sahibzaade were a huge success in Northern India. I really don't think its that difficult to spread Sikhi In Northern India. Hindus already believe in karma, reincarnation, Antarjami etc Hindus are already familiar with all these concepts, it really isn't a huge difference, compared to lets say a Hindu becoming a Christian which pretty much is different in every single way.  

So I really don't think it would be that difficult, especially with the non brahmin unorthodox groups like the J people and other rural communities. 

With Brahmins and other more orthodox, traditional kattar types, I think its impossible. 

Hazur Sahib Singhs are doing quite well by marrying Hindu women and raising Sikh kids. 

3 hours ago, DailyMail said:

You forget to mention Bir Singh Ranghretta, who prior to the Misl period, ie Dal Khalsa, commanded one of 5 Dal's of the Dal Khalsa. What became of him? By the way, isn't it interesting that the original poster didn't suggest that we should appeal to so-called lower strata's of Hindu society to consider Sikhi as a path? What does that tell us?

If you read my other posts I have written on numerous occasions that we should be aligning with the dalits in India and not wasting money and effort on langars for Rohingyas and making common cause with Muslims as fellow sufferers of Hindutva. I have posted about Jatav Hindu lower castes who became Sikh in the early 90s ironically as a result of caste oppression by Hindu Jaats. You can have many streams of parchar. You mentioned Bir Singh Ranghretta, so why don't you make the effort to educate the forum about him and the Mazhabi Sikhs? Rather than waste you time chiding people for having less knowledge than you, why not educate instead of criticise. 

The aspect that all critics of Jats and their contribution to Sikhism miss is that some stage probably in the time of Guru Gobind Singh or Banda Bahadur, the Jats became Sikhs in large numbers and became a majority in Sikhism. Hence they were able control large tracts of territiory and were able to become landholders. Landholdings have always denoted a superior status in Punjab, The reason other castes did not gain the same or even a superior status to the Jats was that their numbers were never large and their tribes/castes never converted to Sikhism en masse as Jats did. The other castes such as Ramgarhias, Ahluwalias, Khatris, Mazhabis etc had leadership roles on an individual level but never had the advantage of mass contribution or mass conversion to Sikhism of their fellow caste members. Had say one of the other castes also had converted en masse then they too would have had a larger role in Sikhism and Sikh institutions. 

You mentioned Sajjan Kumar and displayed some sarcasm about me seeeking people of the same community becoming Sikhs. Is Sajjan Kumar a representative of all Jaats? Since you seem to know Sikh history to an advanced level you are do doubt aware that many of the Jat Chaudhris of the Majha area and their followers were active in the Mughal oppression of the Sikhs. When the Khalsa took over Punjab some of them were punished but for the most part their followers and families joined the Khalsa and no doubt some of their descendants would have fought in the Khalsa army and many of their descendants would have taken part in the Kharkoo movement. 

12 minutes ago, proactive said:

If you read my other posts I have written on numerous occasions that we should be aligning with the dalits in India and not wasting money and effort on langars for Rohingyas and making common cause with Muslims as fellow sufferers of Hindutva. I have posted about Jatav Hindu lower castes who became Sikh in the early 90s ironically as a result of caste oppression by Hindu Jaats. You can have many streams of parchar. You mentioned Bir Singh Ranghretta, so why don't you make the effort to educate the forum about him and the Mazhabi Sikhs? Rather than waste you time chiding people for having less knowledge than you, why not educate instead of criticise. 

The aspect that all critics of Jats and their contribution to Sikhism miss is that some stage probably in the time of Guru Gobind Singh or Banda Bahadur, the Jats became Sikhs in large numbers and became a majority in Sikhism. Hence they were able control large tracts of territiory and were able to become landholders. Landholdings have always denoted a superior status in Punjab, The reason other castes did not gain the same or even a superior status to the Jats was that their numbers were never large and their tribes/castes never converted to Sikhism en masse as Jats did. The other castes such as Ramgarhias, Ahluwalias, Khatris, Mazhabis etc had leadership roles on an individual level but never had the advantage of mass contribution or mass conversion to Sikhism of their fellow caste members. Had say one of the other castes also had converted en masse then they too would have had a larger role in Sikhism and Sikh institutions. 

You mentioned Sajjan Kumar and displayed some sarcasm about me seeeking people of the same community becoming Sikhs. Is Sajjan Kumar a representative of all Jaats? Since you seem to know Sikh history to an advanced level you are do doubt aware that many of the Jat Chaudhris of the Majha area and their followers were active in the Mughal oppression of the Sikhs. When the Khalsa took over Punjab some of them were punished but for the most part their followers and families joined the Khalsa and no doubt some of their descendants would have fought in the Khalsa army and many of their descendants would have taken part in the Kharkoo movement. 

Bro you shouldn't even be justifying yourself. Theres a few casteist people on here who get triggered when they read the J word. Interesting how there have been countless discussions on this thread about the possibility of various different communities converting to Sikhi and you never see the J people bombarding the discussions, yet one thread is started about the possibility of Hindu J people converting and certain people get triggered by it and spiral the discussion out of context to suit their agendas. Says a lot doesn't it