Police hate crime probe as Sikh schoolboy attacked on way home

Lostandmessedup

21 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

No but my father was a teacher in India, so he was able to help a lot.

I remember we bought pretty much every practice test pack available in WH Smith and I must have gone through them several times.

Well done. That's inspirational!

What stuff did your dad help with specifically? Indians seem naturally gifted with maths (though not all can teach it). How did you do with English and Science? 

8 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well done. That's inspirational!

What stuff did your dad help with specifically? Indians seem naturally gifted with maths (though not all can teach it). How did you do with English and Science? 

He was really good at Maths, Physics and Chemistry. He was able to help me all the way up to GCSE level. In fact I ended up taking those three subjects for my A Levels.

I will definitely put in the same effort with my son.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:46 PM, ChardikalaUK said:

Back in the 90s my mum scared me saying if I didn't pass my 12 plus I would go to sul infested Slough and Eton. Even Herschel had its fair share of idiotic suls, I can only imagine how bad Slough and Eton would be.

I passed with flying colours!

The 11 plus/12 plus really isn't that hard. You just have to practice a lot and you will be ok. Primary schools do not prepare you for it.

In the summer holidays before my 12 plus my parents made me do 3 practice papers a day and also one on every school day. Back then we didn't even know which day the tests would be.

"Sul infested!" Is this really what sikh parents teach their kids? Or are these teachings found in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib?