SELF WORTH

ManpreetKaurr

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji. Over this past few months I have realise my weakness. Many friends have told me that I am too humble at times. What I feel is that I don't have any self worth at all. There are times where I feel like I am a really big sinner. I only deserve to sit outside a gurdwara and beg for someone to let me in. I would always think that someone is wasting their time if they were to have a chat or a talk with me.That was my thought, the problem is here that I don't find anything wrong with my thoughts and me being humble. But many of the sangat is telling me wrong. Could you explain a little bit so that I can build a better self esteem. Maybe my entire meaning of being humble is wrong or this humble is too the next level already. 

Can anyone help and guide me? I believe through the sangat, maharaj comes and answers their help. Thank you sangat ji

2 hours ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh ji. Over this past few months I have realise my weakness. Many friends have told me that I am too humble at times. What I feel is that I don't have any self worth at all. There are times where I feel like I am a really big sinner. I only deserve to sit outside a gurdwara and beg for someone to let me in. I would always think that someone is wasting their time if they were to have a chat or a talk with me.That was my thought, the problem is here that I don't find anything wrong with my thoughts and me being humble. But many of the sangat is telling me wrong. Could you explain a little bit so that I can build a better self esteem. Maybe my entire meaning of being humble is wrong or this humble is too the next level already. 

Can anyone help and guide me? I believe through the sangat, maharaj comes and answers their help. Thank you sangat ji

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Bhenji to be humble means to not be arrogant over what we do in our daily live.Let me give an example of 2 people, Person A and Person B.

Both are sikhs.Person A has had Kirpa and is able to wake up at Amritvela and do his Bani, but Person B has not had Kirpa yet and has not woken up for Amritvela.

Now if person A mocks person B and insults him for not waking up Amritvela then he is being arrogant.

If Person A tells Person B not to worry as to be able to wake up in Amritvela is all due to Guru Sahibs Kirpa and that eventually Guru Sahib will do Kirpa in Person B too.Then Person A is being humble.

Basically being humble is to do something good selflessly without taking credit and without boasting.Let me give 1 more example.

If person A decided to do a good thing and give money to charity, after which he boasts to people that he is very good as he gives money to charity.He is being arrogant.

If person B also gives money to the charity but does not tell anybody or boast.Then he is being humble.

Bhul Chuk Maf ??

3 hours ago, Shaheed4life said:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

Bhenji to be humble means to not be arrogant over what we do in our daily live.Let me give an example of 2 people, Person A and Person B.

Both are sikhs.Person A has had Kirpa and is able to wake up at Amritvela and do his Bani, but Person B has not had Kirpa yet and has not woken up for Amritvela.

Now if person A mocks person B and insults him for not waking up Amritvela then he is being arrogant.

If Person A tells Person B not to worry as to be able to wake up in Amritvela is all due to Guru Sahibs Kirpa and that eventually Guru Sahib will do Kirpa in Person B too.Then Person A is being humble.

Basically being humble is to do something good selflessly without taking credit and without boasting.Let me give 1 more example.

If person A decided to do a good thing and give money to charity, after which he boasts to people that he is very good as he gives money to charity.He is being arrogant.

If person B also gives money to the charity but does not tell anybody or boast.Then he is being humble.

Bhul Chuk Maf ??

I understood you, you did open my eyes and now I don't think it's about being humble anymore. It's probably about my mental health I think now.  I'll take your suggestion and definitely improve myself.

16 minutes ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

It's probably about my mental health I think now.  

???

I dont think that being humble is related to mental health?

Dont lose confidence.It is ok to be confident.It should not affect someone from being humble.

Our main purpose to come to this earth is to connect to Vaheguru Sahib Ji.Its ok to be confident.We are supposed to have good values like compassion, honesty, responsibility, integrity and humility, but by being more confident it does not affect us from being humble.

A person can be a confident businessman while at the same time helping the needy without boasting and being arrogant

Bhul Chuk Maf ??

3 minutes ago, Shaheed4life said:

???

I dont think that being humble is related to mental health?

Don't you think someone who put themselves down alot and doesn't have any self worth  suffers from any mental problem? I really am confused now, it's gotta be either my mental health or my wrong definition of being humble that I have placed in my mind.

21 minutes ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

Don't you think someone who put themselves down alot and doesn't have any self worth  suffers from any mental problem? I really am confused now, it's gotta be either my mental health or my wrong definition of being humble that I have placed in my mind.

Bhenji I honestly dont know. All I can say is this is a common thing.I doubt it is a condition.I myself have been like that before.In my school couple of years back I used to get bullied and had no confidence.I used to think I am nothing,but over time Vaheguru ji gave me the confidence and strength.I dont really know how to put this in words but just trust and have faith and Vaheguru Ji.Vaheguru Ji helped me alot.Now in school I am much more confident , I am able to lead group projects and stuff like that.So just have faith in Vaheguru.

Maybe you can try increasing simran.Do simran of moolmantar or just Vaheguru simran.Do it as much as you can it will definitely help.It will give so much of Anand.It solves everything.This is something I have experienced and I can guarantee you.Do simran it will get rid of confidence problems,anxiety,fear.Its really great.

Bhul Chuk Maf ?

51 minutes ago, ManpreetKaurr said:

Perk up Bhenji. You're more than qualified to be president of the united states. So you've exceeded all worldly attainment already. 

Gurbani says none is high or low, so you must be as valuable as the most precious seeming person. 

So, what to do? Jaap Naam and accept Hukam. Happy for no reason friend. 

Remember humility is thinking of your seperate self rarely not thinking poorly of your little self. 

56 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Perk up Bhenji. You're more than qualified to be president of the united states. So you've exceeded all worldly attainment already. 

Gurbani says none is high or low, so you must be as valuable as the most precious seeming person. 

So, what to do? Jaap Naam and accept Hukam. Happy for no reason friend. 

Remember humility is thinking of your seperate self rarely not thinking poorly of your little self. 

Form now I will definitely remember that humility is not thinking poorly of my self. I'm not perfect, only guru sahib is. Definitely I will jaap naam more to improve myself.  I am always grateful for the sangat opinion because it always help me. 

1 hour ago, Shaheed4life said:

Bhenji I honestly dont know. All I can say is this is a common thing.I doubt it is a condition.I myself have been like that before.In my school couple of years back I used to get bullied and had no confidence.I used to think I am nothing,but over time Vaheguru ji gave me the confidence and strength.I dont really know how to put this in words but just trust and have faith and Vaheguru Ji.Vaheguru Ji helped me alot.Now in school I am much more confident , I am able to lead group projects and stuff like that.So just have faith in Vaheguru.

Maybe you can try increasing simran.Do simran of moolmantar or just Vaheguru simran.Do it as much as you can it will definitely help.It will give so much of Anand.It solves everything.This is something I have experienced and I can guarantee you.Do simran it will get rid of confidence problems,anxiety,fear.Its really great.

Bhul Chuk Maf ?

I definitely will increase my simran and bani because guru maharaj's shabad is even more precious than a jewel stone. Dhanvaad Shaheed4life Ji.

Same situation for any 15yr old ?

Self esteem is just another skill to work on. Make a list of skills/things you want to develop, including Sikhi related ? like learning paath by heart, kirtan and work through them 

Learning a marital art will help with self esteem. I started Karate age 11 ?. I only did it a few years but it gave me so much confidence. I been learning some boxing too during lockdown watching YouTube videos. Goal being to develop my self defence skills 

As a fellow citizen of the world, I’d rather you were humble (whether a little or a lot) than the opposite ??