Farmer protest exposes anti Sikh nature of liberal Punjabi Hindus

Jonny101

On 12/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

Did a quick check. There is approximately just over 40 percent of workforce in India is involved in Agriculture.

Compared to most western countries which is less than 5 percent. 

The first order effect is impacted hundreds of millions of people's livelihoods. 

The second order effect is the other industry sectors like distribution, wholesalers and finally retail. They will also be impacted.

This "reform" will have massive repercussions. 

it will directly affect 80% of population they will not be able afford the food at all; already 80% of population cannot afford nutritious food on  60% of family income , if they used 100% of income for food still 60% of population will not be able to afford nutrition levels on a most basic level.

1 hour ago, S1ngh said:

Class system is being played here and farmers being discriminated  badly for long time. Bihar has no mandi system for the past couple of years as central govt got rid of them. Did they progressed? Nope. If they did then they wouldn't be coming to punjab as laborer. 

Is Mandi of APMC system is right. Yes but corrupted. They should be solidifying and improve that system rather than cuttings leg off and giving it a slow death. 

In Punjab & Haryana,  mandis are close to the farming town while rest of the country that isn't the case and those small farmers does not have resources to travel & sell far but chose to sell it to shark traders locally below MSP.

There should be amendments but scratch the whole bills off.  

farmer unions should build their own co-operatives to consolidate grain /fruit/nut/veggie and seed prices so that even the smallest sharecropper can feed his family and plan for future , this will keep the corporations at bay because then they could operate bulk barter of crops between co-ops so what region needs crop of another can afford it and sell at decent price to retail consumers

I remember a few years ago I had a couple of gora colleagues during the time of the Countryside Alliance (if anyone recalls around fox hunting).

There was a discussion at lunch-time and one of the goreh was from city and the other was from the west country. They had a bit of an altercation because the city gora was talking about how cruel fox hunting was and the west country gora goes to him , " You have never lived in the country, you have no idea what you are talking about". 

What I noticed is that there is a rural-urban divide (I do not wish to divert the conversation, I just want to point at an example).

I know a couple of HPs (they are the Urban type, big Modi fanboys) and they were trying say that it was all about Khalistan and the protests were a waste of time blah blah blah.

I then proceeded to explain to them what was happening and what the ground reality was this was not about religion and infact that the whole of India (at least the whole of rural India is up in arms about this). One of them was trying to explain what the Bill contains and how it will benefit the farmers and how reform is needed.

I am no farmer, I am really an urbanite even though my background is rural and I have some appreciation but I am absolutely clueless about the farming process and I will admit that.

There is realisation of the rural-urban divide in India.

As alluding to my gora analogy, these Urban Indians are telling the Rural Indians  about farming when the reality is "You have never lived in the pind and never done kethi, you have no idea what you are talking about!"

17 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I am no farmer, I am really an urbanite even though my background is rural and I have some appreciation but I am absolutely clueless about the farming process and I will admit that.

This has been a wake-up call for us foreign-born Sikhs. As much as it ISN'T a Sikh-only issue, it also does affect many, many Sikhs. If we really want to get to grips with our future as a people in India (and associated everyday, mundane issues beyond the religious rhetoric), stuff like this needs to be understood in all its details. I'm trying to get my head around it all, too, but it's a lot, lol.

While i fully support the farmers of India Ido think the London protest went out of hand and lost its meaning

1) The UK is has just come out of lockdown infection rates and deaths  are still high  and protest should only happen if social distancing is possible.  In this protest social distancing went out the window and some were not even  wearing masks. this will only drive Covid 19 infection rates and  could be in lockdown once again. 

2) why the need for sports cars ? why block the roads?  I dont see Farmers of India driving in sports cars while doing farming . These Uk punjabis are just showing off their wealth  of acting like road mans. stay humble man. 

3) why flares? it makes them look like football fans. 

4) Khalistan really? this farming protest has nothing do with Khalistan. The whole of India is supporting this Farming protest from Punjab right down to Tamil Nadu. Hindu ,Sikhs, Muslims Christians Buddist  etc were in to together  Please dont distort this protest .

5) some of these protesters have not even stepped foot in Punjab and cant even speak Punjabi yet the go to these protest and Chant Khalistan Zindabad while acting like road mans. get out of here. 

6) In the video you can see a few wearing Canda goose coats which are £10000 Coats are which made from animal fur which  contradicts Sikhism. 

49 minutes ago, Punjabiwolves said:

While i fully support the farmers of India Ido think the London protest went out of hand and lost its meaning

1) The UK is has just come out of lockdown infection rates and deaths  are still high  and protest should only happen if social distancing is possible.  In this protest social distancing went out the window and some were not even  wearing masks. this will only drive Covid 19 infection rates and  could be in lockdown once again. 

2) why the need for sports cars ? why block the roads?  I dont see Farmers of India driving in sports cars while doing farming . These Uk punjabis are just showing off their wealth  of acting like road mans. stay humble man. 

3) why flares? it makes them look like football fans. 

4) Khalistan really? this farming protest has nothing do with Khalistan. The whole of India is supporting this Farming protest from Punjab right down to Tamil Nadu. Hindu ,Sikhs, Muslims Christians Buddist  etc were in to together  Please dont distort this protest .

5) some of these protesters have not even stepped foot in Punjab and cant even speak Punjabi yet the go to these protest and Chant Khalistan Zindabad while acting like road mans. get out of here. 

6) In the video you can see a few wearing Canda goose coats which are £10000 Coats are which made from animal fur which  contradicts Sikhism. 

Yh the cars were a bit much lol   I get why they behaved like "roadmen", some policemen do get really cocky and start pushing their weight around. 

Someone who works for the police got caught with two bags of alcohol, he wasn't wearing uniform, I'm guessing he was going to hand alcohol out to the protesters to give the protests a bad image.

All this stuff, sending girls there at night, handing out alcohol etc is obviously being done to give the protestors a bad image and change the nature of the protests. The sarkar will do anything to make the protestors look bad. Protestors are aware that there are people among them dressed like the protestors but have been sent by agencies to ruin the atmosphere and create problems. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIe65c4gMfk/?igshid=1pn7tz6txkucq

The Bollywood Jetset are remarkably quiet, though I prefer they don't virtual signal. Probably because they all worship their god Ambani.

The Urban HP Khatri does miraculously discover their Punjabi roots, it's almost as it's like a switch you can turn on and off. Go figure!