MahadrasSingh

Does taking about the saints to others lower the saints karma?

Does it, I've heard how no one should talk about the deeds and powers of saints as it will lower the saints kamae. Is this true?

• Like 1

Self praise is an anti-Gurmat practice. Praise by others is not the same thing.

Another point to bear in mind, is that, if a Mahapurakh shows an act of some kind of spiritual power, discreetly to some. Then if that person started telling everyone about it, the Mahapurakh may retract that incident.

Sometimes Mahapurakh want to help people discreetly. Other times. Waheguru wants the world to know about the kamiee of Mahapurakhs.

Waheguru...

• Like 4

Guest DKD
4 hours ago, MokhamSingh said:

Self praise is an anti-Gurmat practice. Praise by others is not the same thing.

Another point to bear in mind, is that, if a Mahapurakh shows an act of some kind of spiritual power, discreetly to some. Then if that person started telling everyone about it, the Mahapurakh may retract that incident.

Sometimes Mahapurakh want to help people discreetly. Other times. Waheguru wants the world to know about the kamiee of Mahapurakhs.

Waheguru...

When you say self praise is anti gurmat. Do you mean generally talking about a positive about yourself or telling people about spiritual experiences you have encountered?

4 hours ago, MokhamSingh said:

What do you mean by the highlighted part?

Disclaimer: its a question.  

Guest guest

i think you may have misunderstood.

the idea is that you should not talk of your own powers and deeds as it lowers your own karmae.

another way if that if you have high kamae, but i go around to others praising you and you find out and feel pride, it hurts your kamae.

however if you are sant you are indifferent to praise and slander, so you wont be effected.  

On 12/2/2020 at 2:30 AM, MahadrasSingh said:

Does it, I've heard how no one should talk about the deeds and powers of saints as it will lower the saints kamae. Is this true?

What Bhai Mohkam Singh ji have said.

Plus, I think its more important to think about how we/you deal with praise and slander. Gurmat teaches us to treat them the same (refer to Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Maharaj's first shabad in Gurbani). In practice, for me, this is near impossible at the moment. Its not easy hearing other people saying hurtful things about you and on the other hand its hard to put aside any praise that might be poured onto you. 

On 12/2/2020 at 7:00 PM, Akalifauj said:

What do you mean by the highlighted part?

Disclaimer: its a question.  

I met a kar seva sevadar in India a few years ago. This is what he told me:

Many years ago, they were building a langar hall at the Gurdwara Sahib. It was a hot summer. Everyone slept outside. Some on the flat roofs. One night, that sevadar saw a light in the sky. As this light approached closer, he saw a golden chariot with Guru Gobind Singh sitting in the back. As the chariot moved across Gurdwara Sahib, Maharaj Ji held up their hand, in a gesture to give the Kar seva Sant a blessing.

The next morning, the sevadar told every single person about this incident. He told everyone with whom he came in to contact with.

The next morning, the kar seva Sant called the sevadar in to his room. 

Sant Ji: why have you been telling everyone about Maharaj appearing in a gold chariot and giving blessing?

Sevadar: because that’s what I saw.

Sant Ji: according to Gurbani, you should have developed the ability to keep these things to yourself. Since you have not yet reached this avastha, you will not be able to see such things again!

The sevadar wished that he had kept that incident to himself. But he told me this, after a few years of this taking place...

Guest guest
On 12/8/2020 at 5:05 PM, MokhamSingh said:

I met a kar seva sevadar in India a few years ago. This is what he told me:

Many years ago, they were building a langar hall at the Gurdwara Sahib. It was a hot summer. Everyone slept outside. Some on the flat roofs. One night, that sevadar saw a light in the sky. As this light approached closer, he saw a golden chariot with Guru Gobind Singh sitting in the back. As the chariot moved across Gurdwara Sahib, Maharaj Ji held up their hand, in a gesture to give the Kar seva Sant a blessing.

The next morning, the sevadar told every single person about this incident. He told everyone with whom he came in to contact with.

The next morning, the kar seva Sant called the sevadar in to his room. 

Sant Ji: why have you been telling everyone about Maharaj appearing in a gold chariot and giving blessing?

Sevadar: because that’s what I saw.

Sant Ji: according to Gurbani, you should have developed the ability to keep these things to yourself. Since you have not yet reached this avastha, you will not be able to see such things again!

The sevadar wished that he had kept that incident to himself. But he told me this, after a few years of this taking place...

I disagree.

He was right to tell everyone involved if the reason for the darshan was that he was blessing the kar seva.

Guest guest

point of sikhi it- 1) hukam manaiye (heed God's power above all else) 2) Nazar milaye (win God's approval/Glance of Grace), which is done by sincere and constant Simran.