Veganism

Premi5

4 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Really Veerji ?

Not heard that before

According to the united states military the single most important factor to keeping muscle mass is preventing your body from cannibalizing it's own muscle to get the atp out of it. Which it does any time the brain does not have enough glucose.  The brain trumps muscle in the body hierarchy of needs.  And so if needed it will dump muscle to get at sugar in a heartbeat.  And the best way to prevent that is have a really stable and ample blood sugar. Which is readily achievable with the variety sugars in fruit. 

They also no longer encourage rationing food for the same reason. They now recommend to eat enough of your food supplies to take care of your body's needs or no food at all and let it go into pure fat burning mode. Which it won't do if you eat anything. 

14 hours ago, Premi5 said:

Really Veerji ?

Not heard that before

the human body grows the quickest in the first year of life building mass at exponential rate , you would think then that breastmilk is protein heavy to do that, but it is not, it is : 3%--5% fat, 0.8%--0.9% protein, 6.9%--7.2% carbohydrate  , so it is clear that protein has been oversold as the reason muscle mass is growing . In fact , too much protein hikes up IG2 levels which is not good long term as it leads to insulin resistance and therefore knockon  symptoms like high cholestrol , high BP even diabetes , whey protein is notorious for this . Take your proteins as wholefoods plantbased  and the added fibre will lessen the spiking of insulin, additional plant minerals and amino acids will help with muscle recovery and firing , Remember the body will reutilise proteins from broken down cells with additional intake so the needs are not really that high , Gladiators and soldiers would eat barley to keep their body glucagon levels steady at a cheap price monetarily.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, puzzled said:

I've been having some very strong meat cravings the last few days though, been veggie since for nearly 5 years now, so not sure where these cravings came from. Really fancy a Doner Kebab or a nice chunky beef burger, but I'm obviously not going to lol. 

Could be due to deficiencies. Start taking iron b12 supplements or any multivitamin.. Also eat quinoa, has complete protein

On 12/3/2020 at 5:46 AM, kcmidlands said:

I'm pretty close to turning Vegan, the older i get the more by body disagrees with certain things, diary is pretty much at the top of the list, I've reduced my paneer intake (no easy thing in a Punjabi household) because i started getting severe headaches when eating it too often, i've gone over to plant/nut based milks, the only problem is Gulab Jamuns, damn that milk powder.

You should try the satvic diet as promoted by satvic movement youtube channel. Punjabis have big risk of diabetes..

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

You should try the satvic diet as promoted by satvic movement youtube channel. Punjabis have big risk of diabetes..

Even more simple, why don't people just cut back on the sugar in their diet and excercise more. 

Get your bloods done before and after and see if there are any changes.