• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are the bits by Bhai Gurdas about nitnem, interestingly Jaap instead of Japji (which could not refer to Jaap Sahib as the vaars were written during earlier Gurus times). ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਅਗਾਧਿ ਵਿਚਿ

Mukatnama in Sau Sakhi, ascribed to Bhai Sahib Singh, also gives hint at Japji Sahib being the morning bani but encourages one to read Aarta generally as a part of nitnem as well. These are the only t

Got a question about showering before doing nitnem. Rather then having a shower can we just brush our teeth and wash our face, hands and feet instead?  I normally get up between 5am-5:45am in the

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ohhhhhh...That's why that site is such garbage.

its literally operated by 3ho lol 

I use it sometimes, but as a very last resort and not as much over past two-three years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

The latter. 5 in morning; Japji, Jaap, Tav Prasaad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib. Evening - Rehraas Sahib and before bed Sohila. 

According to Rehat Maryaad a Sikh should do Japji and Jaap BEFORE breakfast (including drink a sip of water). But all Gursikhs do the whole five BEFORE BREAKFAST. Sikh code of conduct can be found on Sikhitothemax (that website still around)?? ORIGINAL code of conduct is located at Nander, Mumbai at that Hazoor Sahib. 

Now, question, why do we do the seven? There is History behind it and WHY we do it? I will get into this but at work at the mo. So will pop back later. 

i think that  is bhai nand lal ji's rehitnama that says sikhs did japji and jaap before eating and drinking in morning 

and yeah please do give keemtee vichar soon

• Like 2
On 5/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, Singh1989 said:

The latter. 5 in morning; Japji, Jaap, Tav Prasaad, Chaupai and Anand Sahib. Evening - Rehraas Sahib and before bed Sohila. 

According to Rehat Maryaad a Sikh should do Japji and Jaap BEFORE breakfast (including drink a sip of water). But all Gursikhs do the whole five BEFORE BREAKFAST. Sikh code of conduct can be found on Sikhitothemax (that website still around)?? ORIGINAL code of conduct is located at Nander, Mumbai at that Hazoor Sahib. 

Now, question, why do we do the seven? There is History behind it and WHY we do it? I will get into this but at work at the mo. So will pop back later. 

Yes it's absolutely fine. 

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 6:03 PM, GurjantGnostic said:

Look bro. I didn't want it to come to this but if you don't post more.. I'm going to tell your mother and your sister on you bro. Sorry to pull out all the plugs but you're lack of posts has left me no choice. 

Agree about @puzzled

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Does it make sense when many claim that whenever Jap Jaap come up in a rehitnama or some source it refers to panj bania as a whole? Any opinions on that? 

• Confused 1
14 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

well yeah since panj bania barely come up in itihasic sources other than guru kia sakhian (bhatt vehis), and sri gur katha of bhai jaita/jeewan singh so a lot of vidwaans says japu jaapu in rehitnamas refer to banis from both granth sahiban aad and dasam,  and panj bania (I think baba santa singh claims so and a couple others too, can't remember off top of my head but this idea has been regurgitated before)  

had to clarify for the confused face reaction lol 

But yeah, I wonder whether this claim seems plausible and true because if Im not wrong, doesnt a certain rehitnama clearly state "japu jaapu due" but I guess that can still refer to bani of both granths 

I think there was a basic like you outline. Then different movements added more banis to their samparadayas rahits? The movement was towards doing more, understandably?  

• Like 2