PANJ BANIA DA PAATH

On 12/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, Arsh1469 said:

They say 3 because many people have to go to work so it is okay if they read 3 bani.

that would be a dhil  in rehit if you used that excuse , didn't Singhs in Guru ji's time work early in the mornings (in fields and business)? Of course they did and they did full baniaan , the old nitnem always includes Anand Sahib because there is NO time in which a sikh does prayer during that Anand Sahib doesn't get read either in whole or part  . Guru ji states in hukhamnama that if one eats without reciting Japji Sahib and Jaap Saib they will be reborn as worm of excrement.

By those two things we know any nonamritdhari should do Japji sahib Jaap Sahib and Anand Sahib then Sodar rehras and kirtan Sohila  as their basic nitnem aprt from naam abhiaas.

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

it wouldn't make sense as salok from Japji is always referred to as Mahala 1 not 2, the detractors are again nibbling away at our faith

Any reference to it being referred to as mahalia 1 veerji? 

I recently took a look at sikhiwiki page on guru angads bani and angel 8, salok japuji is vrajimaan 

Although I see some incoherence as some versions of sakhi state bhai Jodha recited asa di vaar and japji every morning when bhai lehna (guru angad) heard him and began yearning for shabad and guru 

But lots of people agree that guru angad/bhai lehna in his 6 or 7 years of sewa at kartarpur, was entrusted with duty of complaining a morning bani and he took his time taking authentic dhur ki bani 

Some say this is why japji is rough and uneven in terms of poetic metre, because guru angad left it completely unchanged without metre and was straight mukhvaak and flowing from guru nanak dev ji maharaj 

Something like that lol 

13 hours ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

Any reference to it being referred to as mahalia 1 veerji? 

I recently took a look at sikhiwiki page on guru angads bani and angel 8, salok japuji is vrajimaan 

Although I see some incoherence as some versions of sakhi state bhai Jodha recited asa di vaar and japji every morning when bhai lehna (guru angad) heard him and began yearning for shabad and guru 

But lots of people agree that guru angad/bhai lehna in his 6 or 7 years of sewa at kartarpur, was entrusted with duty of complaining a morning bani and he took his time taking authentic dhur ki bani 

Some say this is why japji is rough and uneven in terms of poetic metre, because guru angad left it completely unchanged without metre and was straight mukhvaak and flowing from guru nanak dev ji maharaj 

Something like that lol 

sikiwiki is run by 3HO who are destroying sikhi's roop by their beadbhi of Gurbani and rehit , if you look for the subject matter the top 15 of pages entries are all from either Yogi's taught people , sikhnet, sikiwiki, religionwiki  or Hindi pushing monay who do not follow the Guru on a daily basis . I have heard them throwing shade on Guru Arjan Dev ji by suggesting that Guru ji was 'stuck' composing sukhmani Sahib and only being able to continue by being given Gurbani by Sri Chand ji . It is this dripdrip undermining of our sakhiaan/ithihaas that creates a diminishing of Guru ji in our youth's minds . Truth was Guru ji gave respect to Sri Chand as Son of Guru Nanak Dev ji and allowed him to show humility in front of Guru ji Bani.
Jagraj Singh ji was married to a 3HO trained sikh  and may have been influenced to accept some slight changes to the sakhi

in the following pages they just mention that Guru Angad Dev ji repeats Salok in one of his Compostions Majh ki Vaar
http://sikhlink.com/free-japji-sahib 

we all know that Guru Nanak DEv ji wrote gurbani down as it was revealed as he was asked to consult the pothi he carried to tell who was better hindu or muslim , so it seems strange that no Gursikh has said this thing about Salok prior to this sikiwiki entry. Sure Guru ji may have given sewa of assembling shabads into an order but they were complete prior. Whoever tried suggesting Gurbani of Japji Sahib is rough needs to calm down , it is the central thesis of sikhi , the roadmap of sikh development. Gursikhs taught me mool mantar is the exposistion of ik , and Japji Sahib of Mool Mantar then rest of Guru Granth Sahib ji of Japji Sahib .