Maharaja Ranjit Singh had full Dasam Granth memorized!

shastarSingh

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

Nope I don't need to correct anything, Malwa and South of Sutlej is the same thing, nothing to correct here. 

No, there is something to correct. You wrote "much of Malwa" when you should have written "all of Malwa."

Writing "much of Malwa was not under Ranjit Singh's empire" implies that there was some part of Malwa that WAS part of Ranjit Singh's empire, which is not true.

8 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

What good does memorizing Dasam Bani do if you flagrantly break rehat all day every day?

Gurbani is useful if we act on it and ensure that it guides the way that we live our life.

Doesn't matter, you are in no position to question a persons Sikhi who was dedicated enough to learn entire Dasam Bani by heart despite being a illiterate, something which you yourself are very, very unlikely to achieve.

18 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

No, there is something to correct. You wrote "much of Malwa" when you should have written "all of Malwa."

Writing "much of Malwa was not under Ranjit Singh's empire" implies that there was some part of Malwa that WAS part of Ranjit Singh's empire, which is not true.

No, a few parts of Malwa were under Ranjit Singhs empire, like a few places in Ludhina. The places in Malwa which RanjIt Singh had conquered prior to the treaty he was allowed to keep. But these were only a few isolated spots.

6 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I don't think being a king or queen in kalyug is an indication of prior Bhakti. In fact...one could say the opposite. 

bro I would imagine that the Kings and Queens must of done a lot of bhagti and positive stuff in their previous lives in order to be born as a King/Queen in their next life ?   If some one is really poor in this life then they must of done something bad in their previous life?

For me this is what makes sense, otherwise I don't understand why some people are born into extreme poverty/suffering and others born into billions ...

It would be interesting to know if any sant has done katha on this and explained it ...

I think there is a sakhi of a king from the time of Guru Nanak Dev ji who went for a walk in the forest and saw himself wearing rags and skinning dead animals. There is a community in India who skin dead animals for a living. This horrified the king and made him realise what he would be born as if he doesn't start doing naam and giving people justice. I can't remember the sakhi properly but it was something like that.

Queen Elizabeth must of done something in her previous life for her to be who she is in this life   lol

I dnno ...

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

bro I would imagine that the Kings and Queens must of done a lot of bhagti and positive stuff in their previous lives in order to be born as a King/Queen in their next life ?   If some one is really poor in this life then they must of done something bad in their previous life?

For me this is what makes sense, otherwise I don't understand why some people are born into extreme poverty/suffering and others born into billions ...

It would be interesting to know if any sant has done katha on this and explained it ...

I think there is a sakhi of a king from the time of Guru Nanak Dev ji who went for a walk in the forest and saw himself wearing rags and skinning dead animals. There is a community in India who skin dead animals for a living. This horrified the king and made him realise what he would be born as if he doesn't start doing naam and giving people justice. I can't remember the sakhi properly but it was something like that.

Queen Elizabeth must of done something in her previous life for her to be who she is in this life   lol

I dnno ...

Suffering is the medicine pleasure the disease. 

Also this place and time is inverted. And all worldly thrones subverted. 

This came up in another topic too. But Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaja in Sri Dasam Granth Ji speaks about the quality of rulers in kalyug and it is not good. It's people abusing power, hoarding wealth, profitting from death and suffering, getting further deluded into a place worse than Khel from their excesses, their indulgences, their indifference. How can that result from Bhagti? Bhagti is a homeless man giving another homeless man half his food and a spare blanket. That's somebody who remembers Bhagti no matter what. 

It makes sense that a lot of the rulers today are demonic, the Queen is head of the English Church yet there have been so many innocent children attacked by paedophile bishops in the church. Paedophile bishop Peter Ball was friends with Prince Charles.

Bani says suffering is a blessing as it makes you remember God. I can see that, but at the same time I can't.  

Just now, puzzled said:

It makes sense that a lot of the rulers today are demonic, the Queen is head of the English Church yet there have been so many innocent children attacked by paedophile bishops in the church. Paedophile bishop Peter Ball was friends with Prince Charles.

Bani says suffering is a blessing as it makes you remember God. I can see that, but at the same time I can't.  

I know bro. I'm nobody to understand the perfection of Akhal's story. Gurbani itself says nobody is fit to appreciate and understand it. 

I can't believe how this place has been and is. It's unspeakable. 

10 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I know bro. I'm nobody to understand the perfection of Akhal's story. Gurbani itself says nobody is fit to appreciate and understand it. 

I can't believe how this place has been and is. It's unspeakable. 

yeah we see things which just don't make sense to us and then we end up trying to figure out why it happens only to end up more confused. Truth is we just can't see the bigger picture.