After ardas

Khalistan88

Hi guys, after ardas. Why do they say the next part that goes: "agiya bhai akal ki, tabi chalaiyo panth..." and where is this from? Also, is it "tabbay" or "tabi"? I always heard tabi but I recently got into sikhi a few months ago and in a kirtan hymn on YouTube, they say "tabbay" so I am confused on the pronunciation. I will put the link below:

1 hour ago, Khalistan88 said:

Hi guys, after ardas. Why do they say the next part that goes: "agiya bhai akal ki, tabi chalaiyo panth..." and where is this from? Also, is it "tabbay" or "tabi"? I always heard tabi but I recently got into sikhi a few months ago and in a kirtan hymn on YouTube, they say "tabbay" so I am confused on the pronunciation. I will put the link below:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh 

If I'm not wrong this dohra after ardas was by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj when Guru Sahib made Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj our Guru.I think that's when Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj said this.It was at Nanded Sahib during 1708.

I will try to find where I heard this explanation from.

Bhul Chuk Maf ??

17 hours ago, MokhamSingh said:

This Dohra is written by Giani Gian Singh. These are the words uttered by 10th Patshahi, before departing from their human form at Nanded...

Can you please find the exact quote?

Because if i remember correctly, bhai jagraj singh of basics said that in the ithihaasic granths it actually say aagya bhai akaal ki tabi chalaayo panth. Sab sikhan ko hukam hai, guru maneyo PANTH. GURU PANTH ji maneo pargat gura ki deh. Jo prabh ko milbai chaho khoj ENA ME LAY

Just one point to note here. Just as European scholars used Latin, instead of the modern languages of the time.

In the same way, Indian scholars used Sanskrit, or Sant Bhasha ( language of the saints ).

The ithihaas would’ve been passed down verbally. The scholar historians would’ve written it in poetic style...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 5:08 AM, MokhamSingh said:

This Dohra is written by Giani Gian Singh. These are the words uttered by 10th Patshahi, before departing from their human form at Nanded...

Thanks

On 12/11/2020 at 11:03 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Because if i remember correctly, bhai jagraj singh of basics said that in the ithihaasic granths it actually say aagya bhai akaal ki tabi chalaayo panth. Sab sikhan ko hukam hai, guru maneyo PANTH. GURU PANTH ji maneo pargat gura ki deh. Jo prabh ko milbai chaho khoj ENA ME LAY

Interesting. Man,  I miss that guy. 

On 12/12/2020 at 6:26 AM, MokhamSingh said:

Just one point to note here. Just as European scholars used Latin, instead of the modern languages of the time.

In the same way, Indian scholars used Sanskrit, or Sant Bhasha ( language of the saints ).

The ithihaas would’ve been passed down verbally. The scholar historians would’ve written it in poetic style...

Interesting

• 4 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 11:03 PM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

no no no

guru maneyo granth is retained in all versions

it is "guru khalsa maneo pargat gura ki deh" that is different 

this is from bhai prahlad singh ji rehitnama