Not enough going on in gurdwaras

Guest Singh

Gurdwaras in bradford only have divans on a Sunday, the rest of the week there is no divans. Is this what sikhi is ? 

apart from one which hold weekly Akhand  path. (Before corona) 

no asa di //  kirtan, no simran, and in fact doors a firmly locked at amritvela. 
is there any wonder why our youth and some of our elders are sat in the pubs 7 days a week. Where else can they go to spend their time?

most of the gurdwaras are just competing with other gurdwaras to bank as much money as possible and build big buildings. 

what use is money in the bank? This money should be used to have divans and kirtan daily. 

Also some gursikhs hold private simran divans in there own homes but your only allowed to attend if your from their jatha otherwise your not welcome. 

this is the norm for bradford and this is happening for years. So nothing to do with coronavirus 

Sometimes I really want to go for a kirtan program or any program in the gurdwara but there is very less going on in our gurdwara. How I wish I was in India because they have many pind semagam going on there everyday. Dhan bhaag India sangat de because they are able to sit in guru maharaj godh and connect with maharaj truly. 

Gurdwara committees not bothered. Only interested in building big gurdwaras to compete with other gurdwaras in the area and bank as much money to show off. 

Also simran is done alone but it’s different and more bliss with sangat also it’s says in gurbani to do simran in sangat too. 

Gurbani says to have associations of Sants but I don't know any sants in person- such association is only by god's grace or good karma.  likewise with sangat.  you just got to make do with what you have.

Worship is about pleasing God- doing it according to the conditions he lays down, not how we would like it to be.  

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ  

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl

ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ 

This human body has been given to you.

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ 

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ  ਕਾਮ 

Nothing else will work.

ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ੧॥

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

I know Gurudwara in other countries are different, and really this is about covid removing previous held services, but it seems like a lot lot lot more could happen in Gurudwaras. Like Shastar Vidya, home schooling, tutoring, group survival and farming activities....just to name a few...

The model here seems to be secret Langar for Sangat only. Service one day a week and a few Gurmukhi classes for kids only. And otherwise you have a locked up or barely inhabited locked up building that doesn't follow the layout of a Gurudwara.