Khalsa Aid

KhoonKaBadlaKhoon2

On 12/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, proactive said:

There is nothing wrong with any Sikh organisation or Gurdwara helping the local community when situations occur where people need help. It is when KA run off the out of the way areas where there is no Sikh community and expend Sangat's money. The Rohingya issue was a case in point, charirties received millions in donations for western countries andf govts and kA just duplicated their work. 

What KA is doing in Delhi is good but it would be also better if the spent their resources to look after the families of farmers who committed suicide as well as offering financial counselling to stop farmers from getting into debt. 

I agree in the most part, i think they do need to choose where they direct their effort's more carefully but i don't agree with wanting them to just direct their efforts just towards the Sikh community, they are a Humanitarian organisation and by definition they go where help is needed, I've mentioned this in the other thread about them as well.

You also have to bear in mind that it's not just Sikh's who donate money to them, it's now people from every background. The comments in the other thread have proved that this is a debate that will go on and on, simple solution is donate to those whose cause you agree with, if you want to help out farmer's families and a grass roots level I'm sure there are organisations that do that.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, kcmidlands said:

I agree in the most part, i think they do need to choose where they direct their effort's more carefully but i don't agree with wanting them to just direct their efforts just towards the Sikh community, they are a Humanitarian organisation and by definition they go where help is needed, I've mentioned this in the other thread about them as well.

You also have to bear in mind that it's not just Sikh's who donate money to them, it's now people from every background. The comments in the other thread have proved that this is a debate that will go on and on, simple solution is donate to those whose cause you agree with, if you want to help out farmer's families and a grass roots level I'm sure there are organisations that do that.

I owe you an apology! My sincere sorry!

When i said about KA was context, why help when we don't have economic power like others do, , whilst ours are suffering and no other group will help us. Also when you have certain type muslims when they're making fun, after our community. But not eveyone is the same. Also wish we'd be more known than providing 'free food'... But its all within what we can afford and to do. Dont have billion dollars but having that soft 'power' image KA did  rubbed off Indian hindvstas nationalists and media etc

Other Sikh charities should join together and create one big Sikh institution, where you have diff Organisations doing different things, like KA with langar helping whoever in needs, and another charity teaching Sikhi etc

But deeply sorry ! Bhul chuk maf! 

19 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

I owe you an apology! My sincere sorry!

When i said about KA was context, why help when we don't have economic power like others do, , whilst ours are suffering and no other group will help us. Also when you have certain type muslims when they're making fun, after our community. But not eveyone is the same. Also wish we'd be more known than providing 'free food'... But its all within what we can afford and to do. Dont have billion dollars but having that soft 'power' image KA did  rubbed off Indian hindvstas nationalists and media etc

Other Sikh charities should join together and create one big Sikh institution, where you have diff Organisations doing different things, like KA with langar helping whoever in needs, and another charity teaching Sikhi etc

But deeply sorry ! Bhul chuk maf! 

No apology necessary, we're all on a journey to learn new things and are all entitled to our own opinions.

A couple of points, when our people (Sikhs) suffer, we tend to help ourselves, i don't really think we rely on other communities which is a good and bad thing because everyone needs someone at some point, there are a lot of grass roots charities and organisations that do help on a local level in Punjab it's just that they don't do it publicly, they just get on a do it, a few families from the school my youngest children go to have moved to India to help at the Mata Sahib Educational Trust, they provide free education for children.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being known as a religion that provides Free Food for all, in this day and age when childhood poverty is at an all time high things like this matter, providing free food is a stepping stone into educating people about Sikhi, KA do a lot more than just provide free food, the proof is in things like the "Godi" media in India trying to label them a terrorist organisation the result of that being huge companies like Westmill foods (they own Elephant Atta amongst others) pulling all their advertising an sponsorship from channels like ZeeTV because they don't want to be associated with them for spreading fake right wing news.

As far as Sikh organisations getting together, i think most of them are linked together and send people in the right direction when asked.

• 11 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 5:18 AM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon2 said:

This forum usually hated on Khalsa Aid for their global work, and not discriminating against who they help. They're easily one of the most useful organizations at Singhu and Tikri right now. Certain few people here should be ashamed.