Sarbloh Granth

Guest Guest 111

Aad, Dasam and Sarbloh Guru Granth Sahib Ji, three separate Granths, are all treated the same by the Khalsa. Aad Guru Darbar is the (Tikka) Guru, and Dasam and Sarbloh, being the baani of 10th Guru, are given the same respect/worship. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Koi said:

Aad, Dasam and Sarbloh Guru Granth Sahib Ji, three separate Granths, are all treated the same by the Khalsa. Aad Guru Darbar is the (Tikka) Guru, and Dasam and Sarbloh, being the baani of 10th Guru, are given the same respect/worship. 

Why do some people call Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth Guru ji? Isn't Guru Granth Sahib Ji the guru?

(I 110% believe in Dasan and Sarbloh bani)

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Arsh1469 said:

Why do some people call Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth Guru ji? Isn't Guru Granth Sahib Ji the guru?

(I 110% believe in Dasan and Sarbloh bani)

Well, let me put it this way. It all depends if you see a difference between then. Aad Guru Darbar was referred to as "Guru Granth " since time of Guru Arjan Paatshaah. 

The other way to look at it is this: the 10th Guru gave Gurgaddi to the Guru Khalsa Panth (once in Chamkaur, once in Nanded). Now, the Guru Khalsa Panth, being the Guru, has the authority to vest the same Guruship and authority as Aad Guru Darbar.

Just as Guru Nanak Maharaj wrote Jap Ji, in their 10th form they wrote Jaap Sahib. Same thing, no difference. 

Lastly, respecting Dasam and Sarbloh like this takes nothing away from the respect and worship of the Aad Guru Darbar. 

Akaal.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Koi said:

Well, let me put it this way. It all depends if you see a difference between then. Aad Guru Darbar was referred to as "Guru Granth " since time of Guru Arjan Paatshaah. 

The other way to look at it is this: the 10th Guru gave Gurgaddi to the Guru Khalsa Panth (once in Chamkaur, once in Nanded). Now, the Guru Khalsa Panth, being the Guru, has the authority to vest the same Guruship and authority as Aad Guru Darbar.

Just as Guru Nanak Maharaj wrote Jap Ji, in their 10th form they wrote Jaap Sahib. Same thing, no difference. 

Lastly, respecting Dasam and Sarbloh like this takes nothing away from the respect and worship of the Aad Guru Darbar. 

Akaal.

Ok thanks for the information.

Guru Granth Sahib ji is pooran Guru all on there own. I’ve heard *some* nihang singhs say that Guru Granth Sahib is incomplete without all three Granths, when all there are together then it’s pooran Sargon saroop of akal purakh and maharaj. That is nonsense, maharaj is complete on there own. Even if they didn’t have takhat, chandowa or chour they are still king of kings. We add these for our sharda. 

ਜੇਸਭਿਮਿਲਿਕੈਆਖਣਪਾਹਿ ॥

ਵਡਾਨਹੋਵੈਘਾਟਿਨਜਾਇ ॥

Dasam and Sarbloh Granth is also maharaj bani and 100% satkaryog  but it was not given gurgaddi. It’s only some nihangs which consider Guru Granth Sahib “complete” if it’s on the same takhat as dasam and sarbloh Granth. 

Infact in the times of guru ji and the small time after, dasam Granth was called “dasve paatshah ka granth” I don’t think in any historical text you’ll find: dasam Guru Granth Sahib or sarbloh Guru Granth Sahib anywhere. 

Dasam paatshah jis bani is 100% sat. But Guru Granth Sahib ji was given gurgaddi alone on the takhat sahib, if dasam and sarbloh bani was on takhat as well then it’s different. 
Gurgaddi was also given to Khalsa panth alone. 

anyone is welcome to their own belief and I’m not attacking or putting any one down. But I just want to stress that maharaj alone was given gaddi, and alone they are complete. 

10 minutes ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Doesn’t that mean that the hukamname of guru ji and rehatname are also guru ji? They are also gurvak. Should we say rehatname Guru Granth Sahib? 

No, only Gurbani. The concept that Aad Dasam Sarbloh Guru Darbar are all complete and Guru Saroop.

If anyone has the writing by Kesar Singh Chhibar regarding this please could you post it here? It will help clear things up.

I heard a Sakhi on this by Bhai Sukhraj Singh Ji. I apologize in advance because I'm sure to make errors in facts but can still deliver the general message I hope.

Before Guru Granth Sahib Ji was complete, and certainly before being conferred the Guruship, The Gurus would travel with Pothi Sahib as it was at that time. When travelling the Guru...Arjen Dev Ji? Guru Ram Das Ji? Would sleep on the floor and place Pothi Sahib on the bed because Gurbani is higher than even the Guru.  We now have the living Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which sits as the Guru in conjunction with the Khalsa, but all the Granths of the ten Gurus Nanak are Gurbani and do not have to be the Guru Granth Sahib Ji to be elevated and respected as Gurbani. 

• Like 2
Guest Guest 101

Ok thanks for all the replies but I’m still confused. 

why do some people refer to Dassam Granth as Sri Dassam Granth Sahib?

What makes SGGS different from Dassam and Sarbloth Granth if all 3 contain Bani? What distinguishes SGGS above the other two?

ive seen the SGGS given special respect such as having air conditioned rooms, being fanned, no shoes allowed or chairs where the SGGS etc are we supposed to do the same for Dassam and Sarbloth granths ?

8 hours ago, Guest Guest 101 said:

Ok thanks for all the replies but I’m still confused. 

why do some people refer to Dassam Granth as Sri Dassam Granth Sahib?

What makes SGGS different from Dassam and Sarbloth Granth if all 3 contain Bani? What distinguishes SGGS above the other two?

ive seen the SGGS given special respect such as having air conditioned rooms, being fanned, no shoes allowed or chairs where the SGGS etc are we supposed to do the same for Dassam and Sarbloth granths ?

The contents of Sarbloh Granth and Dasam Granth cover different topics..or aspects..than Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

Sri Dasam Granth Ji is mainly history, and things about human nature as it seems to me.

Sarbloh Granth I have not read as much yet so I apologize especially for this is advance..but Sarbloh Granth includes some things like in Dasam Granth but also has things pertaining to Rehit laid out?

Basically Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru. Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth are Gurbani provided by Guru Gobind Singh Maharaja to answer questions the Sangat had that aren't directly covered in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and to provide additional resources and information that the Khalsa would need. 

13 hours ago, Guest Guest 101 said:

Because Guru Granth Sahib was given gurgaddi. They are jagat guru. The other two Granths are maharajs own bani gifted to khalsa. But they were not given guruship. Lol this is exactly the confusion this type of stuff causes. We know for a fact Guru Granth Sahib ji was given guraddi. End of story. 

• Like 1