Sarbloh Granth

Guest Guest 111

10 minutes ago, 1Anonymous1 said:

Doesn’t that mean that the hukamname of guru ji and rehatname are also guru ji? They are also gurvak. Should we say rehatname Guru Granth Sahib? 

No, only Gurbani. The concept that Aad Dasam Sarbloh Guru Darbar are all complete and Guru Saroop.

If anyone has the writing by Kesar Singh Chhibar regarding this please could you post it here? It will help clear things up.

I heard a Sakhi on this by Bhai Sukhraj Singh Ji. I apologize in advance because I'm sure to make errors in facts but can still deliver the general message I hope.

Before Guru Granth Sahib Ji was complete, and certainly before being conferred the Guruship, The Gurus would travel with Pothi Sahib as it was at that time. When travelling the Guru...Arjen Dev Ji? Guru Ram Das Ji? Would sleep on the floor and place Pothi Sahib on the bed because Gurbani is higher than even the Guru.  We now have the living Guru Granth Sahib Ji, which sits as the Guru in conjunction with the Khalsa, but all the Granths of the ten Gurus Nanak are Gurbani and do not have to be the Guru Granth Sahib Ji to be elevated and respected as Gurbani. 

Guest Guest 101

Ok thanks for all the replies but I’m still confused. 

why do some people refer to Dassam Granth as Sri Dassam Granth Sahib?

What makes SGGS different from Dassam and Sarbloth Granth if all 3 contain Bani? What distinguishes SGGS above the other two?

ive seen the SGGS given special respect such as having air conditioned rooms, being fanned, no shoes allowed or chairs where the SGGS etc are we supposed to do the same for Dassam and Sarbloth granths ?

8 hours ago, Guest Guest 101 said:

Ok thanks for all the replies but I’m still confused. 

why do some people refer to Dassam Granth as Sri Dassam Granth Sahib?

What makes SGGS different from Dassam and Sarbloth Granth if all 3 contain Bani? What distinguishes SGGS above the other two?

ive seen the SGGS given special respect such as having air conditioned rooms, being fanned, no shoes allowed or chairs where the SGGS etc are we supposed to do the same for Dassam and Sarbloth granths ?

The contents of Sarbloh Granth and Dasam Granth cover different topics..or aspects..than Guru Granth Sahib Ji. 

Sri Dasam Granth Ji is mainly history, and things about human nature as it seems to me.

Sarbloh Granth I have not read as much yet so I apologize especially for this is advance..but Sarbloh Granth includes some things like in Dasam Granth but also has things pertaining to Rehit laid out?

Basically Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru. Dasam Granth and Sarbloh Granth are Gurbani provided by Guru Gobind Singh Maharaja to answer questions the Sangat had that aren't directly covered in Guru Granth Sahib Ji and to provide additional resources and information that the Khalsa would need. 

13 hours ago, Guest Guest 101 said:

Because Guru Granth Sahib was given gurgaddi. They are jagat guru. The other two Granths are maharajs own bani gifted to khalsa. But they were not given guruship. Lol this is exactly the confusion this type of stuff causes. We know for a fact Guru Granth Sahib ji was given guraddi. End of story. 

On 12/27/2020 at 6:37 AM, 1Anonymous1 said:

Because Guru Granth Sahib was given gurgaddi. They are jagat guru. The other two Granths are maharajs own bani gifted to khalsa. But they were not given guruship. Lol this is exactly the confusion this type of stuff causes. We know for a fact Guru Granth Sahib ji was given guraddi. End of story. 

*DELETED*

Admin NOte: Creating Shanka on Gurbani and also on Zafarnama is not allowed here. 

5 hours ago, Koi said:

I've seen people suggesting that Dasam and Sarbloh Guru Darbar should be prakash on a lower level than Aad Guru Darbar, even by a couple of inches. My question to them is, what difference is that couple of inches going to make exactly ??

That is actually a really good point.