Sikhs helping lorry drivers stuck UK

Kau89r8

11 hours ago, Kau89r8 said:

What do you guys think?!

There's gonna be some hate no matter what.

I saw a few major goray 'meme' pages on insta posting about how good the Sikhs are and most of the comments were actually really nice. There was one that i think was written in Arabic to a mate, google translate didn't help but it said somethng about Hindu. 

It's kind of good to get recognised for once.

8 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

It's a mix of both. We have a combination image of being religious fanatics who don't compromise (in the way of Dastar, Kirpan, Kesh, Tables in the Langar); willing to take down opponents in and out of the country ( Air India); violent gangsters; oversized mansions; truckers; politically aggressive ( dozens of MP's, MLA's, Party Leader of NDP, Cabinet Members); and generally a bit pushy to get our way and get ahead. For better or for worse, we here in Canada represent a case study for being both a successful and disliked (for valid reasons in some ways) diaspora Sikh community.

Sikhs collectively tend to have "nice guy syndrome " , we want to be liked. 

But sometimes you can't be liked by everyone. 

On 12/23/2020 at 11:53 PM, puzzled said:

I agree, it's true, but lets be honest what is that's made them have a different image to UK Sikhs, it their Sikhi or is it their Punjabiness? 

A lot of the time it's the negative behaviours that give a community a tougher image/reputation.

Another thing is they live closer together, while here in the UK Sikhs are spread apart, scattered up and down the country. Other than Southall I don't think there is a majority Sikh area, and even Southall is probably Sikh majority because of the fojis. 

Are there many 'majority' areas in Canada, or just streets ?

There are lots of large areas in UK with large minority Sikh populations like in Ilford/Barking  E London, Gravesend in Kent, much of Midlands and parts of Yorkshire