Jump to content

is this quote of Confucius true?


Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...

Well yeah, I mean the poor disgrace the wealthy for not doing anything to get em outta poverty. So yes main reason they get disgraced. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

East Asian countries like China, Japan and Korea have benefitted a lot from Confucius. The people think of the wider society and what impact their actions will have on it. Contrast that with India where most people are purely out for themselves send their family.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

Well yeah, I mean the poor disgrace the wealthy for not doing anything to get em outta poverty. So yes main reason they get disgraced. 

There is also the issue of many wealthy people exploiting vulnerable groups for their wealth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

East Asian countries like China, Japan and Korea have benefitted a lot from Confucius. The people think of the wider society and what impact their actions will have on it. Contrast that with India where most people are purely out for themselves send their family.

really? i find that those countries are very self centred and look down on others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Have you travelled a lot? 

Not really but been to some south east asian countries like Thailand,Singapore and stuff but I'm talking about like korea and japan and the people from there that i have met. They seem just as materialistic. They also see the world in hierarchies and think whites at top and then them at 2nd and all of us below them. I had many east asians in my uni including international students. They will respect white people way more than they will respect other people of color. Maybe it was the past that the societies had an influence of confucion thought like in Punjab sikhi uplifted many people but look at the state of it today. Even Korea now is largely influenced  by Christianity since America helped them rebuild their society and anyone can tell its a largely materialistic society at this point. Also the spiritual Japanese culture is long gone now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

Not really but been to some south east asian countries like Thailand,Singapore and stuff but I'm talking about like korea and japan and the people from there that i have met. They seem just as materialistic. They also see the world in hierarchies and think whites at top and then them at 2nd and all of us below them. I had many east asians in my uni including international students. They will respect white people way more than they will respect other people of color. Maybe it was the past that the societies had an influence of confucion thought like in Punjab sikhi uplifted many people but look at the state of it today. Even Korea now is largely influenced  by Christianity since America helped them rebuild their society and anyone can tell its a largely materialistic society at this point. Also the spiritual Japanese culture is long gone now.

This is what I'm talking about.

Can you imagine this happening in Europe and the USA let alone India?

Apne are just as bad as respecting whites over others and this is seen in pretty much every other ethnic group. The main reasons are- the vast majority of white nations don't have abject poverty and they have invented and discovered so many things. People therefore think that whites are rich and that also gets them respect.

Do you think a Korean or Japanese will get respect by the average Indian in India? They'll probably get mistaken for a poor Nepali or North East Indian and be called chinky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 7:10 PM, shastarSingh said:

To be wealthy and honored in an unjust society is a disgrace.

This quote is similar in spirit to the quote by Jiddu Krishnamurthi: "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Both quotes are basically suggesting that any individual who thrives in an environment that is, by all metrics, morally and ethically moribund, has lost their humanity whereby the suffering and injustice around them doesn't stir their conscience.

If the evil individuals in power are flocking to be your friends and hailing you as a notable personality, there's a high probability you share many of the same characteristics as these powerful people. 

We're talking about very high-level positions of power where these types of personalities are lauded in the world's media, not a hard-working businessman who's sacrificed his adult life for some middling success. Think people like Rupert Murdoch, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, etc., not some random Singh in Delhi manufacturing mechanical tractor parts. There's scales to this stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

There is also the issue of many wealthy people exploiting vulnerable groups for their wealth.

All the rich are the same (according to the above quote). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use