Will Sikhs ever have their own calendar?

JSinghnz

bikrami calendar is good enough for Guru Sahiban for over 200 years then their sikhs for over 300 years more what is the need to remove it? Our Guru still talks in the terms of those Baharaan maha , thosethiti, vaar, pal , chasa etc . It is our calendar we do not need to follow the unnecessary step of following a standardised gregorian calendar based on purely solar dates . If we have so many gursikhs able to computer program why can there not be a developed app that automatically generates the correct solar dates based on bikrami calculations? Surely that is not too hard for us to achieve as a kaum and it should be backdated to Prakash of Guru Nanak Dev ji not 1999 as purewal made the basis of his calculations.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Bikrami_calendar

53 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

bikrami calendar is good enough for Guru Sahiban for over 200 years then their sikhs for over 300 years more what is the need to remove it? Our Guru still talks in the terms of those Baharaan maha , those pal , chin etc . It is our calendar we do not need to follow the unnecessary step of following a standardised gregorian calendar based on purely solar dates.

I don't know as much about this subject but here is an article that discusses this topic in more detail. - http://www.purewal.biz/Gurbani_and_Nanakshahi_Calendar.pdf

I haven't read it in a while but I think it briefly addresses the point you made above....

Edit: Addresses your points on page 12

Why cannot we  as a religion decide to have Gurpurabs and other occasions one the same day every year.

No one knows when Christ was born but Christians decided to celebrate it on 25th December and stuck to the same date.

We are always saying we are a unique religion and we need our own calendar which does not change dates of Gurpurabs every year.

3 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

No one knows when Christ was born but Christians decided to celebrate it on 25th December and stuck to the same date.

Christians celebrate Christmas, which was originally a pagan holiday - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-unexpected-pagan-origins-of-popular-christmas-traditions/

I wouldn't want Sikhs to be doing the same thing but I've heard that Bandhi Chor didn't happen on Diwali....don't know the authencity of this claim though

8 minutes ago, JSinghnz said:

We are always saying we are a unique religion and we need our own calendar which does not change dates of Gurpurabs every year.

I agree with what you are saying and I think that was the original intention of the Mool Nanakshahi calendar - The first mention of Nanakshahi was during Baba Banda Singh Bahadur's time.

• The topic was locked