Looking for some advice, insight from kamaiye waley Gursikhs. 

Was listenning to the katha of Bhai Manjh by Sant Waryam Singh Ji. I have also listened to this katha from various other sources.

The katha can be found here: 

My questions:

It seems after doing lot of naam jap, bani and sewa. The person has to go through an ULTIMATE test called "kasouti". Bhai Manjh went through an extremely difficult test. Sheikh Fareed went through a TOUGH test and so did Baba Nand Singh Sahib.

1) In the Bhai Manjh Sakhi. Bhai Manjh is asking Guru that it is kal yug and the time is very tough, please don't put your sikhs through such tough tests. Does it mean that we dont have to give such kind of hard test or do we need to give such hard tests?

2) In the sakhi. Guru Arjun dev ji has said that -- anyone who listens this Sakhi, -- oh person Guru naal jorr javega. Will that person be jeevan mukat, if he/she listen this katha?

Looking for some practicing Sikhs.

If you are the kind of Sikh who spend their entire time scanning the internet for ant-hind, anti-sikh, anti-indie and enjoy politics talk. Please dont bother posting. I apologize in advance if this sounds rude, but the reason I am saying this is because on this forum I only see posts full of hate to the other "community" and people who take enjoyment such activities. Just want to discuss some pure Gursikhi, Sirman and sewa kamaiye here. 

Thanks Bro,

I really like Sant Waryam Singh ji a lot. He does katha in a very simple, laymen style. It makes you feel that he is just another person like us, but infact he is pooran brahmgyani.

When I was listenning katha, at the end tears started falling automatically.

Im really really scared of the ultimate test, I hope Guru ji meinu es tera he naghaa daan. Mein kucha wa. Pakka nahi.

Baba Nand Singh ji was tested by asking him to jump in well. Very hard & tough tests. An Examination by Guru Arjun Dev ji is the HARDEST of all. Even the test that Bhai Lehna had to go through were very hard. Hardest was Shaikh Fareed tooo. Very hard tests indeed.

What if someone who did simran all life and failed the test?

Prema Bhagti is the highest marg. Yoga, Siddha, pranayamas not even close. Full of ego.

One question, was it Guru ji’s bachan that whoever listens to this katha will be jivan mukat or something close. 

Since you mentioned Sant Waryam Singh Ji. Do you know who is in their place AND a pooran Brahmgyani?

Do you know any pooran Brahmgyani from Nanaksar lineage and who is alive?

If a Brahmgyani left their body example Baba Nand Singh Sahib, can they still assist us and give darshan or not? Does it matter if they are in physical body or not?

Many brahmgyanis had murshads. Do we need murshad or is SGGS our murshad?

On 1/12/2021 at 1:48 AM, singhsince1981 said:

Since you mentioned Sant Waryam Singh Ji. Do you know who is in their place AND a pooran Brahmgyani?

Do you know any pooran Brahmgyani from Nanaksar lineage and who is alive?

If a Brahmgyani left their body example Baba Nand Singh Sahib, can they still assist us and give darshan or not? Does it matter if they are in physical body or not?

Many brahmgyanis had murshads. Do we need murshad or is SGGS our murshad?

In terms of who is currently in their place, that's up for debate, so I won't go in to that.

However, yes, a brahmgyani can help even without a sareer.

Sant Baba Waryam Singh Ji once said that, if you are unsure about whether someone is a brahmgyani or not, don't worry. But we do know that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is supreme! All powers of saints come from Guru ji, and all brahmgyan/brahmgyanis are contained within Guru Granth Sahib Ji. So bow to Guru Ji.

7 hours ago, Koi said:

In terms of who is currently in their place, that's up for debate, so I won't go in to that.

However, yes, a brahmgyani can help even without a sareer.

Sant Baba Waryam Singh Ji once said that, if you are unsure about whether someone is a brahmgyani or not, don't worry. But we do know that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is supreme! All powers of saints come from Guru ji, and all brahmgyan/brahmgyanis are contained within Guru Granth Sahib Ji. So bow to Guru Ji.

When Sant Waryam Singh Ji. I was in my 20s or so. How could I miss his sangat :(

In one of his youtube videos, he says that whoever is in sangat at that time will not be taken by jumms. Does that qualify ppl watching that video on u-tube.

15 minutes ago, ssinghuk said:

@singhsince1981 I think some of the questions you have raised were answered in one of Giani Kulwant Singh Ludhiana wale's katha of Sri Guru Angad Dev Maharaj's bani. You'll find this katha on soundcloud. 

Here are notes that I made a long time ago after the listening to the mind blowing katha:

• Guru wants to take away the spiritual "childishness" away and make you stronger spiritually before bestowing naam
  • Doing lots of bhagtee can bring worldly rewards
    • like a desert with sand
      • lots of sand
      • Guru jee has lots of sand at disposal
      • but it wont get you anywhere
  • true treasure is naam
  • Dukh in a sikh's life is sometimes for the purpose of taking the sikh further
    • that dukh will streamline a Sikh's progression
    • example
      • mother normally cares for her son
        • even when in another country the mother is still thinking of her son
      • However, when its comes to a test 
        • then the mother will say 
          • you will need to prepare for this so eat less
            • otherwise you'll fall asleep
      • in the same way Guru jee will give a Sikh dukh that will keep the Sikh awake
  • Your bhanda/vessel needs to be upright before it Guru ji can pour Amrit Naam into it. 
  • sharing your demerits with the Guru is virtuous and is on par with doing bhagtee
  • Sakhi of Rai Kot
    • barosa that he had in Guru jee 
      • cow didn't give any milk
      • then on top of this faith
        • faith in vessel that had holes in it
    • Guru kirpa and barosa
  • Fair enought we have lots of katha and keertan available but this can not replace sangat
  • Kahanee - jugat - technique of living life
    • gun sun
    • gun gaa
    • gun vichaar
  • Power of sangat
  • Naal eianaa dostee
    • Guru sianaa
    • sikh eeinaa
      • wiser
      • i.e. when son grows and matures then father gives keys to treasure/estate
    • i.e.  worthiness
    • understanding
    • Samajdaar
    • Jogtaa
  • Jayhaa jana teho vartay
    • Example 
      • farmer had lots of money
        • didn't know what to do with it
        • chucked it in with cows
        • cows didn't eat it
  • vasta undar vast smavay doojee havo paas
    • naam goes in crap comes out
  • ...nanak sipth vigaas

WJKK WJKF Bro,

Thanks for making such a detailed post. I read it and I am going to go through your notes in more detail later on. Can you please send me a link to the katha. I dont use soundcloud much and don't know what it is. 

One more question. If Guru puts us through this test -- called "Kasouti" .. its called "Ram Kasouti" by Sant Kabeer. Kasouti means Final Examination before the seeker becomes one with THE GURU. I am wondering if anyone has failed such a test. What happens to a person who fails the final test? Do they get another test or can they try again or are they done? Does the Guru make them pass?

Best, 

20 hours ago, singhsince1981 said:

WJKK WJKF Bro,

Thanks for making such a detailed post. I read it and I am going to go through your notes in more detail later on. Can you please send me a link to the katha. I dont use soundcloud much and don't know what it is. 

One more question. If Guru puts us through this test -- called "Kasouti" .. its called "Ram Kasouti" by Sant Kabeer. Kasouti means Final Examination before the seeker becomes one with THE GURU. I am wondering if anyone has failed such a test. What happens to a person who fails the final test? Do they get another test or can they try again or are they done? Does the Guru make them pass?

Best, 

WJKKWJKF

The notes were made yonks I just copied and pasted.

Here is a link to the playlist. I think the notes I made are from track 34 - Naal Eyanay Dostee. I'm not 100% as the notes were made all the way back in 2016!

Regarding kausathee, we fail everyday, but Maharaj picks us up every day. Today is a fitting for your question - its Magee, the chalee muktey. They all failed at one point but the ever forgiving SatGuru still blessed them!

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਇਹੁ ਭੂਲਨਹਾਰੁ ॥

Forever and ever, this person makes mistakes;

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥੩॥

O Nanak, the Infinite Lord is our Saving Grace. ||3||

6 minutes ago, ssinghuk said:

WJKKWJKF

The notes were made yonks I just copied and pasted.

Here is a link to the playlist. I think the notes I made are from track 34 - Naal Eyanay Dostee. I'm not 100% as the notes were made all the way back in 2016!

Regarding kausathee, we fail everyday, but Maharaj picks us up every day. Today is a fitting for your question - its Magee, the chalee muktey. They all failed at one point but the ever forgiving SatGuru still blessed them!

ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਇਹੁ ਭੂਲਨਹਾਰੁ ॥

Forever and ever, this person makes mistakes;

ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥੩॥

O Nanak, the Infinite Lord is our Saving Grace. ||3||

Thanks Bro, for some encouraging examples. Actually, Im going through a tough kasuti in my life myself and I m holding onto Guru Arjun Dev Maharaaj. I hope he passes me. 
Thanks for sharing the katha, its on my listen list.