ex sikhs are not sikhs

joker

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2021 at 3:02 PM, joker said:

Sikhs have been complacent to allow ex sikhs, people explicitly stating they do not believe or follow the faith, in the quota for jobs in the media, especially BBC.How are we going to get our issues on the agenda, if we we dont have no sikhs in the game.I have been lobbying the BBC ,about this lack of representation.Asian network has no sikh presenters in any form, forget a turban wearing sikh.All the presenters are ex sikhs, jumping on the  bandwagon to get the job s, later stating they are atheist. Wake up sikhs, 10000 sikhs pay for a tv licence, we want represntation .The  sikh media should be highlighting these issues too.

A sikh = person who states he is a sikh ,accepts the ten gurus and guru  sri guru granth granth sahib ji.Any thing  above or more is their personal choice.Please do not take this topic down the road of who is a sikh or not.Its just one long sikh road

Which 'ex-Sikhs' are you thinking about?

Which country are you in, Ji ?

for our children or the coming generations learn from our mistakes block out majority gorafied media and promote trad sikh and punjabi values. inprint Sikhi eary in their childhood and do it properly. 

one big reason i never considered being ex sikh is because my dada dadhi when i was a young child took us few year to mela in bc it wasnt in our  surrey but on the island so we had to take ferry it was a great adventure and the sangat there were very trad and small in number so tight knit community, but what made so proud was seeing the Singhs and them doing gatka. Seeing all the moves the swords it made me very proud and fearless even as a child and it stuck with me.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:02 PM, joker said:

Sikhs have been complacent to allow ex sikhs, people explicitly stating they do not believe or follow the faith, in the quota for jobs in the media, especially BBC.How are we going to get our issues on the agenda, if we we dont have no sikhs in the game.I have been lobbying the BBC ,about this lack of representation.Asian network has no sikh presenters in any form, forget a turban wearing sikh.All the presenters are ex sikhs, jumping on the  bandwagon to get the job s, later stating they are atheist. Wake up sikhs, 10000 sikhs pay for a tv licence, we want represntation .The  sikh media should be highlighting these issues too.

First thing, let's not forget the colonial era legacy of the BBC, as well as their consistent promotion and protection of nonces over decades. This type of org is never going to be a friend of independent minded Sikhs.

Also, I don't know if I'm off, but I feel in this day and age, no ethnic's really f**ks with mainstream media like this anymore? It's not like the old days where we just had BBC1, BBC2, ITV and later Channel 4. 

I thought younger ethnics are more likely to mess with youtube, netflix and amazon etc. than those old crusty orgs?   

21 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Also, I don't know if I'm off, but I feel in this day and age, no ethnic's don't really f**ks with mainstream media like this anymore? It's not like the old days where we just had BBC1, BBC2, ITV and later Channel 4. 

I thought younger ethnics are more likely to mess with youtube, netflix and amazon etc. than those old crusty orgs?   

Yeah, you're right. This old cr4p is just playing in the background, and hardly anyone is paying attention. Problem is these "prestigious" outlets pump a lot of money into their activities to remain relevant and applicable to young audiences, but it's all in service of the neo-liberal or Commie-Lite "Asian" identity, the only exception being they're terrified of offending Muslims and Blacks. Sikhs, Hindus, Christians, and other perceived soft touches are fair game.

2 minutes ago, proudkaur21 said:

This sunny hundal is such a hypocrite. Was giving lesson to Sikhs that interfaith marriages in Gurudwaras should be allowed and anyone who opposes is a radical meanwhile he had to accept that his children would be raised catholic in order to get married to his Christian wife. His mouth won't open infront of his gora masters.

I would love to be able to confront & debate him. But he hides in the safe environments of BBC & the like where he can control the questions, the amount of time given to answer, etc. And if you say something he doesn't like, he can simply end the segment and have you thrown out of the building or cut your feed ("satellite difficulties").

(Note: I'm not opposing the ability of anybody to marry whoever they want. I'm just saying Sikhs don't have to put their stamp of approval on a such a marriage in their Gurdwaras as an Anand Karaj.)

1 minute ago, BhForce said:

I would love to be able to confront & debate him. But he hides in the safe environments of BBC & the like where he can control the questions, the amount of time given to answer, etc. And if you say something he doesn't like, he can simply end the segment and have you thrown out of the building or cut your feed ("satellite difficulties").

(Note: I'm not opposing the ability of anybody to marry whoever they want. I'm just saying Sikhs don't have to put their stamp of approval on a such a marriage in their Gurdwaras as an Anand Karaj.)

if you confront him he will be writing long articles for the BBC about radical sikhs trying to harm him. But why they want to change our maryada? Go marry in courts if you want to marry non sikh. How disgusting it is that such people use the anand karaj for photo shoots. They will never question the vatican or muslims but target sikhs because they know we are weak right now.