ex sikhs are not sikhs

joker

On 3/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, BhForce said:

Haven't seen it, how was it?

I personally thought it was one of the best films I've seen in a long while. It has a very strong visible Sikh presence throughout. It was a very powerful movie. 

Check it out if you can. It's well worth it. Acting and directing (and even cinematography) were top class. Cleverly tied into many relevant, contemporary issues Sikhs are facing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 2:16 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I think they'd sniff out someone like that at the interview stage and make sure he wasn't hired myself. 

They do. If not for journalists, certainly for IAS officers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Administrative_Service

Young Sikhs might get high marks in their IAS entrance exam, but they are weeded out at the interview stage. Only a few token suck-ups are accepted with sifarish.

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Well in that case maybe we can ask Martin Docherty-Hughes, MP, who has relentlessly pursued Jagtar's case to shut up, as he is not Sikh enough?

Or tell Pat McFadden who worked tirelessly for Sikh interests in Panjab and UK for the l;ast 20 years, that he was a hypocrite?

I don't ever see any muslims questioning the religion or religious attire of support for Palestine, but Sikhs are something else.

I personally knew a mona guy married to a hindu woman, (not anand karaj) who is one of the brightest and sharpest minds I've seen when it comes to "Sikh interests" but it would be ok to argue he's a hypocrite I guess.

I blame CaliforniaSardar. He gets me worked up and then slips away so I take the flak. ?

I just don't think much of celebrities tbf. Civilians I don't have a problem with. I think it's an absolute indictment on the state of modern citizenry that these people are the few voices that get heard. It rubs me up the wrong way regardless of their intentions. I don't want them speaking for me.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I blame CaliforniaSardar. He gets me worked up and then slips away so I take the flak. ?

I just don't think much of celebrities tbf. Civilians I don't have a problem with. I think it's an absolute indictment on the state of modern citizenry that these people are the few voices that get heard. It rubs me up the wrong way regardless of their intentions. I don't want them speaking for me.

I think once you're in the bhangra 'industry' the ahhm jut quickly develops a soft spot for you? Next thing you know - you're a politician! 

Sidhu Moose Wala - Wikipedia