ex sikhs are not sikhs

joker

9 minutes ago, BhForce said:

How was Deep Sidhu an "ex-Sikh"? Did he denounce Sikhism? Sunny is considered an ex-Sikh because he said he didn't believe in this stuff.

Someone needs to make a public statement for it to be valid? Does their conduct, the people they mix with, their day-to-day actions not speak for their beliefs? Is Waheguru incapable of reading mens' hearts? He needs a Tweet or a newspaper article just to be sure? Or is that just for the little people? Are singers / actors / entertainers afforded leniency in the House of God compared to the rest of us because they're special? Does a singer / actor / entertainer not go to Narak / Hell?

4 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Yes, he denounced Sikhi literally every single day. Anyone with functioning eyes could verify this.

I'm not familiar with what you're saying, Bro. If he "denounced Sikhi every day", it should be easy for you to give 2 or 3 examples. Any links?

It seems pretty hard to believe that someone who would hoist Nishan Sahib in Red Fort would hate Sikhism.

2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Someone needs to make a public statement for it to be valid?

OK, no, but I'm just not familiar with him enough to say he was anti-Sikh. If you have any details it would be helpful.
If someone's from a Sikh family I don't assume he's anti-Sikh unless I see something that demonstrates that.

Just now, BhForce said:

OK, no, but I'm just not familiar with him enough to say he was anti-Sikh. If you have any details it would be helpful.
If someone's from a Sikh family I don't assume he's anti-Sikh unless I see something that demonstrates that.

If you're sleeping with an enthusiastic non-Sikh while advocating for Sikh interests, I'd argue you're a hypocrite. No-one is expecting perfection, just some consistency.

25 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I'm not familiar with what you're saying, Bro. If he "denounced Sikhi every day", it should be easy for you to give 2 or 3 examples. Any links?

It seems pretty hard to believe that someone who would hoist Nishan Sahib in Red Fort would hate Sikhism.

What good is hoisting the nishaan sahib on the red fort when you can't even let kesh grow on your face?

These people are not Sikhs. That is not my opinion. It is their opinion, and they express that opinion every time they use a razor blade.

2 minutes ago, BhForce said:

While not knowing the exact details of Mr. Sidhu's situation, I seem to be inclined toward the thinking of the Muslims in Pakistan: They knew Jinnah was a womanizing, pork-eating drinker. But they kept him as a leader anyways because they knew he could deliver.

Result: They have a country and we don't.

Secondly, he may have been sleeping with a hoe, but I don't know if he preached that everybody should do so. Whereas Sunny enthusiastically did do so (anti-Sikh thoughts, not sleeping with a hoe).

That's why people who's hair is cut or drink don't bother me as long as they're not telling kids to do that.

Pakistan is a basket case kept alive by first-world nations for geo-political reasons. The average Pakistani has no reason to be proud of his nation in terms of economics, politics, religious, and social reasons. Only spurious propaganda designed to keep alive animosity for India keeps that nation chugging along. If that's what "having" a country entails, no thanks. If it's just a case of bragging rights, then, again, no thanks. But what do you expect when a nation is founded by a person who exemplifies the exact opposite of what the ethos of that nation's people is meant to represent? If that's where we are heading, then is that the famous Dharmic values I'm always hearing about?

1 minute ago, californiasardar1 said:

What good is hoisting the nishaan sahib on the red fort when you can't even let kesh grow on your face?

These people are not Sikhs. That is not my opinion. It is their opinion, and they express that opinion every time they use a razor blade.

Of course Guru ji doesn't want us to cut our hair. But we'll never get there if we don't have the ability to have independent institutions. The Central Govt always manages to put its tentacles into our affairs.

Also, we didn't get into this mess in a day. Baby steps are useful. Get the youth inspired, and then maybe you can get them to read a book or 2.

3 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

Widen the scope of your arguments, bro. I see where you're coming from, but it just seems like salt most of the time. You're knocking Sidhu for his visual appearance whereas I'm criticising the wider culture of Indian / Punjabi for lionising celebrities and elevating them to undeserved positions of power and authority.