Discussion on Shaster Vidya

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it's interesting how this guy's claims parallel the other pretender Yogi Harbhajan  who was an ordinary bloke who claimed he was the only master of Kundalini yoga lalala and sold it using sikhi as the

I was once a student of his for a few years. Unfortunately for me, my life took a different turn and I could no longer commit to training. Would have loved to carry on though. One thing that was

I found this quote I was looking for. It was by Giani Gian Singh regarding Shastar Vidya: "There was talk of such a science of archery and stick fighting only a few years ago in the Punjab that l

4 hours ago, singhsince1981 said:

Is Gatka worth still learning. Thoughts on Kendo (Samurai) vs Gatka (curved sword)?

My thoughts are only speak respectfully of other martial artists and artists. 

Also why phrase anything in a Gatka V paradigm? Like how about Gatka allied with? Collaborating with?

Or what can we do that is healthy and based on weapons where Shastar Vidya and Gatka are not available?

A quick reboot on how to select a martial art. 

Is it spiritually compatible with the person?

Is it healthy and sustainable?

Is it multiple attackers with weapons?

Does it work empty hand?

Has the focus and strategy been changed by sport, or showing off?

That's just to start. 

Other things like does it increase or decrease the ego?

Can it be used without injury or death?

Can the energy of it be applied to every day moments?

Most martial arts and sports only fulfill part of that list. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

A quick reboot on how to select a martial art. 

Is it spiritually compatible with the person?

Is it healthy and sustainable?

Is it multiple attackers with weapons?

Does it work empty hand?

Has the focus and strategy been changed by sport, or showing off?

That's just to start. 

Other things like does it increase or decrease the ego?

Can it be used without injury or death?

Can the energy of it be applied to every day moments?

Most martial arts and sports only fulfill part of that list. 

Are you a martial artist? 

1 hour ago, singhsince1981 said:

Being a Sikh, why not gatka? Why Japanese? Do u know how to use shasters and what kinds? How much effort u need to put in this?

The effort required to be a martial artist is the same as that asked of us in our devotion to Naam Jaap. Because the true meaning of Budo is the love protection of the divine and a secondary fruit of Naam. 

I would rapaciously train in Shastar Vidya or Gatka but it is not offered here. And I was fortunate enough to encounter a Universal class Aikido Dojo. 

My Sikhi has come about and deepened after training in Aikido. 

Oh and I'm a wretched Gora convert bro. Clutching at the feet of the Guru in the mud. So I wasn't raised with Gursikhi or Shastar training. I was taught to love and respect Gursikhi from a young age and taught to model myself as a Christian after Gursikhs. 

I am now proficient in all weapons using the Takemusu Aiki Budo matrix. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

The effort required to be a martial artist is the same as that asked of us in our devotion to Naam Jaap. 

Then, it is better to just do Naam Jaap. Even in my current schedule. I dont find as much time as I want to Naam Jap. A new activity will be a distraction.

Why did u convert to Sikhi?

50 minutes ago, singhsince1981 said:

Then, it is better to just do Naam Jaap. Even in my current schedule. I dont find as much time as I want to Naam Jap. A new activity will be a distraction.

Why did u convert to Sikhi?

I looked everywhere, and while finding bits of Truth, only Gursikhi is pure Truth. The short answer. 

If you do Simran with Khanda, both hands cut up as one, both down as one,  this is not two cuts but one pulse. In the way there is no right or left only one greater arm unified, one greater body unified, it is not you but the universe that cuts while you watch. Both knees are evenly activated about shoulder width apart. If you connect with the Shastar and flow in a settled way while doing Simran you will be shown the rest. 

Empty hand is identical you just can't see the sword. 

The feeling of Naam Jaap is the feeling you cut with. 

In the way Yogis adjust Asana to continue meditation Aiki Dokas engage in battle while maintaining their Simran. The movement itself is illusion. 

Look for the Panj Chor in martial arts. Mma is nothing but largely. Aikido is a way to kill your Ego and defeat the Panj Chor. It is impotent without Naam. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I looked everywhere, and while finding bits of Truth, only Gursikhi is pure Truth. The short answer. 

If you do Simran with Khanda, both hands cut up as one, both down as one,  this is not two cuts but one pulse. In the way there is no right or left only one greater arm unified, one greater body unified, it is not you but the universe that cuts while you watch. Both knees are evenly activated about shoulder width apart. If you connect with the Shastar and flow in a settled way while doing Simran you will be shown the rest. 

Empty hand is identical you just can't see the sword. 

The feeling of Naam Jaap is the feeling you cut with. 

In the way Yogis adjust Asana to continue meditation Aiki Dokas engage in battle while maintaining their Simran. The movement itself is illusion. 

Look for the Panj Chor in martial arts. Mma is nothing but largely. Aikido is a way to kill your Ego and defeat the Panj Chor. It is impotent without Naam. 

Really appreciate what you bring to this forum, brother. Your adherence to the fundamental requirements of Guru Gobind SIngh really shine through your posts here. Keep sharing and inspiring us all.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

Really appreciate what you bring to this forum, brother. Your adherence to the fundamental requirements of Guru Gobind SIngh really shine through your posts here. Keep sharing and inspiring us all.

Thank you bro. I appreciate you and the Sangat here. It means a lot to me to congregate here and the help and information available about Gursikhi here is incredible. 

I'd be long dead and lost without Naam. 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, singhsince1981 said:

Is Gatka worth still learning. Thoughts on Kendo (Samurai) vs Gatka (curved sword)?

I mean gatka originates from the Persian Kutka, they still perform the dance at some muslim weddings...

EDIT muslim weddings not punjabi

• Like 1