The future is the future of No religion

Why is Buddhism gaining so much traction in the West.

From many buddhist I heard that Western Buddhism is no where close to real buddhism.

I met many ppl, even ppl from India. Who say “The future is the future of No religion & Buddhism is the only religion I adhere too.” 

This trend is increasing amongst westerners, plus immigrants who came from India.

I also hear “dil saaf hona chahida, baki nu ki karna.”

Opinions & Thoughts?

23 minutes ago, singhsince1981 said:

Why is Buddhism gaining so much traction in the West.

From many buddhist I heard that Western Buddhism is no where close to real buddhism.

I met many ppl, even ppl from India. Who say “The future is the future of No religion & Buddhism is the only religion I adhere too.” 

This trend is increasing amongst westerners, plus immigrants who came from India.

I also hear “dil saaf hona chahida, baki nu ki karna.”

Opinions & Thoughts?

it is easy to claim without putting in any hard work  just light the dhoof , sit down and say a few mantras , draw mandalas and quote the odd phrase attributed to Gautam Buddha. I found it very strange how it didn't rid any of the krodh, ahankar from even the most long term adherents -the monks  despite all their claims of zen like states. The Gori nun was so intensely self-centred she insisted that no one else was to talk where she was , even in the food hall since she had taken a vow of silence???

who are we to judge our own hearts? surely that is a blind spot for us . We live in the field of karams so we have to think speak and do actions in line with Gurmat /righteousness , Gurdas Mann has zero spiritual knowledge so I will not be taking his word for anything .

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

It's not no religion it's ONE religion. 

Just what I was thinking too

ਸਰਬ ਧਰਮ ਮਹਿ ਸ੍ਰੇਸਟ ਧਰਮੁ ॥

Sarab Dhharam Mehi Sraesatt Dhharam 

Of all religions, the best religion

ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਕਰਮੁ ॥

Har Ko Naam Jap Niramal Karam ||

Is to chant the Name of the Lord and maintain pure conduct.

Also the ancient Buddhist texts I studied began with acknowledging Vaheguru Akal Purakh created everything, but that is so far beyond our understanding it's stupid to try and describe it, which Gurbani tells us. They then say to clean your mind through meditation and eliminate desire and "I" and live a disciplined compassionate life so that one attains a state...in which they will then be able to ask the question again they started with. So really Buddhism is a religion that teaches pure meditation combined with proper action as the way to find... Vaheguru. Who they ommit from everything as being beyond their ability to grasp right now. 

We know experientially and from Gurbani how hard this is to do without Naam. 

They are still our brothers and sisters in the One religion. Closer than many others. Totally human and corrupted and missing some things just like everyone else. 

The only remedy Gursikhi. 

Gurbani has instructions for everyone to make what they were born into or love effective and reconnect it with Sat Dharam. They don't have to convert. They can fine tune what they do to be Guru Jis version. Or they can fully adopt the Gursikh life. 

This thread is going towards an interesting direction. Initially I was very interested in ZEN Buddhism. I don't know have much knowledge, but they do omit Waheguru... not only Waheguru --- but they go beyond that and Omit Devotion 'Bhakti' al together. 

They think life is all about sitting cross legged in a meditation and observing your thoughts? Opinions?

Why wasn't the Buddha mentioned in Gurbani?