Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ocdperson

Masturbation?

Recommended Posts

So as a teenager, hormones are in full effect. And I’m not going to act like there aren’t beautiful girls around the world I feel attracted to. I am confused on masturbation, is it fine to do in Sikhism? I know that the main problem everyone has with masturbation is Lust. And from seeing different opinions from people, I am confused. Lust is the bad part because it makes you forget Naam. But doesn’t watching YouTube or a movie make you technically forget Naam too? The first thing I do in the morning is to pray to God and talk with God. Everyday I feel like I remember God and Naam. So I am confused on what is bad about masturbation done moderately. If forgetting Naam is a reason, don’t I do the same thing when watching tv or playing a sport or when I’m in school? Say this, If I daily  pray and talk with God and remember God, is it bad for me to masturbate moderately to attractive girls in Sikhism? Because I feel like I remember God everyday. People say The bad part of Lust is forgetting Naam but I am confused, aren’t I technically forgetting Naam while doing things that take my full attention for example like school, sports, movies. Can I balance my sexual life and my religious within Sikhism? I mean no disrespect, just curious. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Shaheed4life said:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

Veerji don't harass another member and spread rumors about him.Im quite sure that is a form rule. 😀

@ADMIN @S1ngh

22ji, he secretly downvotes ALL my posts. Spreads hate and abuses me in ALL posts. Hi-Jacks all my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, singhsince1981 said:

22ji, he secretly downvotes ALL my posts. Spreads hate and abuses me in ALL posts. Hi-Jacks all my post.

I haven't downvoted a single one of your posts. Lol

Way to make this thread about me I guess?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kaurr said:

Simple answer, No.

Whilst doing other things, like playing sport, you can remember waheguru. But when you're masturbating, you're lost in kaam, which means you can't remember waheguru.  

But don’t you forget Naam while taking a test in school or watching a movie because both those things draw full attention. No disrespect just curious 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ocdperson said:

But don’t you forget Naam while taking a test in school or watching a movie because both those things draw full attention. No disrespect just curious 

Well done brother for asking about this, it takes confidence to talk about this.

Kaam is required for god’s creation to flourish. Attraction between male & female = off-spring

Guru Nanak Ji gave a really simple & powerful teaching how to control the mind;

Look on others (women) good. View elders as mothers, equal age as sisters, youngers as daughters 

Getting attached with kaam is indeed bad; he kaamang, narak bisraamang

~ oh kaam, you drag people (who get attached with you) to hell 

It’s energy from base chakar called mhuladhara, it’s too powerful to fight. If energy builds up it needs to ‘be released’ - fine do it. 

Exercise & sports will release built up energy too and good stress relief. Ultimately Naam Simran takes you beyond kaam pleasures.

Basically don’t get addicted to it, keep on praying, keep good sangat

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 7:24 AM, Ocdperson said:

So as a teenager, hormones are in full effect. And I’m not going to act like there aren’t beautiful girls around the world I feel attracted to. I am confused on masturbation, is it fine to do in Sikhism? I know that the main problem everyone has with masturbation is Lust. And from seeing different opinions from people, I am confused. Lust is the bad part because it makes you forget Naam. But doesn’t watching YouTube or a movie make you technically forget Naam too? The first thing I do in the morning is to pray to God and talk with God. Everyday I feel like I remember God and Naam. So I am confused on what is bad about masturbation done moderately. If forgetting Naam is a reason, don’t I do the same thing when watching tv or playing a sport or when I’m in school? Say this, If I daily  pray and talk with God and remember God, is it bad for me to masturbate moderately to attractive girls in Sikhism? Because I feel like I remember God everyday. People say The bad part of Lust is forgetting Naam but I am confused, aren’t I technically forgetting Naam while doing things that take my full attention for example like school, sports, movies. Can I balance my sexual life and my religious within Sikhism? I mean no disrespect, just curious. 

I mean grandparents generation they used to just marry you off as a teenager and then you didn't need to do all this stuff.

Guru ji said go into grihast jeevan, live the life of a householder.

Please - it is not my fault we have taken a western lifestyle and are marrying late, leaving us vulnerable to 5 vikaar!

 

Please excuse me....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I'm shocked at the level of ignorant comments here. Dildos up their backsides? Kusrey? City people? First of all the reason they're called City Sikhs is because they work in the City of London, a financial district in Central London, it's got nothing to do with living in cities vs living in villages. 99% of Sikhs in the UK live in urban areas. That really went over the head of many people here. Do you expect them to look like UFC fighters?  Puzzled - can you tell me your level of education and what you do for a living?
    • I guess if it is OK for recently arrived Punjabis to settle down with East European women and have Sikh kids then there is nothing wrong in settling down with a Chinese woman. The Chinese are ultimately a dharmic people (if we take the current political situation out of the question) and have always been interested in what happens west of their border.  
    • Tbh, even "our own" can't be trusted. I personally stopped giving a damn what other people thought a long time ago, especially when it comes to rishta/marriage. 
    • In ultimate truth time is an illusion (Akal). All there is, is present the now. God created itself in many forms to create contrast ( limiting itself in forms)
    • There is a massive difference between the Sikh experience in the UK vs the US. The UK is a much better place to be a Sikh. The biggest difference-maker is population density. According to the 2011 census, there were (at the time) about 432,000 Sikhs in the UK. Accounting for some population growth and uncounted people (such as illegal immigrants), there are probably at least 500,000 Sikhs in the UK today. Now take into consideration that the UK has a population of about 67 million crammed into a relatively small island. And also consider that most of the Sikhs live in certain parts of the UK that have relatively large Sikh populations (e.g. West London, Birmingham area, etc.). There are not official figures on Sikhs in the US, but based on data about people from and Indian background and Punjab-speaking background, 250,000 is probably a very conservative upper bound on the US Sikh population. And then consider that the US is a massive country and has a population of about 330 million. As a consequence, Sikhs are much less visible and much less powerful (as a community) in the US than they are in the UK. In the UK, I feel like most people have an awareness of who Sikhs are. When I have been in the UK, it is a bit of a relief to not feel like I have to constantly point out that I'm not an Arab or a Muslim. In the US, nobody had a clue what a Sikh was when I was growing up. It is getting a bit better now, but it's still not great.   Anyway, aside from how Sikhs are viewed by the general population, I think the population density of Sikhs is most important for the Sikh community itself. It makes for a greater support system for more religiously inclined Sikhs. Further, the critical mass enables people who don't come from religious families to nevertheless gain exposure to Sikhi and get into it as they grow older. That's probably why examples of monay who become Singhs are much more frequent in the UK than in the US.    
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use