Punjabi Singers

smartsingh24

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

paul84

You put forth a very common argument… "address fakes posing as sikhs before addressing those who mutate sikhi". I appreciate you are sincere, and as you read on please remember that I agree with you wholeheartedly that fakes in religious garb etc. must be addressed.

However the common argument you put forth is also often a source of sickening apathy in our community. I am not speaking of you. Obviously you care as you are contributing here. However, I have heard so many say the same thing you mention. To put it simply fakes in religious garb does not make jazzy b any better. An action cannot be defended simply because another evil exists.

Many who put forth the fallacy of “my amritdhari uncle is a fake” (implication --therefore my sikhi is fine without identity) often have some kind of guilt complex. They grow up in a culture which pride is glorified, they want to be Punjabi as possible or as jatt machismo as possible, but the thought of looking every gora in the eye with a dastar on their head is too much for them. So they find a way to hide their cowardice. They direct blame at the identity which is part of their own psychological failure.

These people will selectively speak about what is important in sikhi and will constantly criticize sikh identity by registering in their memory and repeating every hearsay example of bad apples they have heard.

So I agree with you re fakes, but thought some context would be important. In closing on jazzy b; enemies spend millions to discredit, confuse, and mutate the identity of sikhs. The attack on sikh identity is not a minor issue. Here we have jazzy b, as well intentioned as he may be, providing the ser

vice for free as long as he cashes in some other way for himself.

wearing a gold khanda is stupid, sikhs cant wear jewleery, guru je threw all his gold in a river and asked for pure iron, which is the best

gold for guru je, to make guru je look good is great

not for us

wjkkwjkf

i agree with khalistani were not supposed to wear gold in any form and jus wearing gold with the symbol of a khanda stil doesnt make it right

bhulla chuka maff

wjkkwjkf

paul84

You put forth a very common argument… "address fakes posing as sikhs before addressing those who mutate sikhi". I appreciate you are sincere, and as you read on please remember that I agree with you wholeheartedly that fakes in religious garb etc. must be addressed.

However the common argument you put forth is also often a source of sickening apathy in our community. I am not speaking of you. Obviously you care as you are contributing here. However, I have heard so many say the same thing you mention. To put it simply fakes in religious garb does not make jazzy b any better. An action cannot be defended simply because another evil exists.

Many who put forth the fallacy of “my amritdhari uncle is a fake” (implication --therefore my sikhi is fine without identity) often have some kind of guilt complex. They grow up in a culture which pride is glorified, they want to be Punjabi as possible or as jatt machismo as possible, but the thought of looking every gora in the eye with a dastar on their head is too much for them. So they find a way to hide their cowardice. They direct blame at the identity which is part of their own psychological failure.

These people will selectively speak about what is important in sikhi and will constantly criticize sikh identity by registering in their memory and repeating every hearsay example of bad apples they have heard.

So I agree with you re fakes, but though

t some context would be important. In closing on jazzy b; enemies spend millions to discredit, confuse, and mutate the identity of sikhs. The attack on sikh identity is not a minor issue. Here we have jazzy b, as well intentioned as he may be, providing the service for free as long as he cashes in some other way for himself.

^_^ Excellent post 'budda singh' ji!

BTW How old r u?! :wub:

he has punjabi pride, NOT sikh pride.....unfortunately the punjabi culture (drinking, parting, rituals, etc..) is associated with sikhi...

May I add...not all aspects of Panjabi culture are bad. Some do go hand-in-hand with Sikhi. For example, respecting your parents. Guru Nanak Dev Ji never argued with his father, despite his misunderstanding or different view of 'true trade'. I think we should learn and take heed from this. :| However, I did notice that some of the kids in Panjab tend to just pay lip-service and the elders are impressed by this! <_<

So no bling bling if you're Amritdhari........this is gonna be tough guys :T:

No, not really. We have Sarbloh 'gehnea' given to us by Guru Sahib themselves! How lucky r we man!! Get kitted out with shastars, malae, khande/chands etc. That way you'll be tough! Not only will you look beautiful in people's eyes, but more importantly in Guru Ji's naddar... :nihungsmile:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!